Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
StefiG79
Toledo, Ohio

Service was great

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Oct 2014
We got into town late and found this hotel. The woman at the hotel was very friendly, although a little stressed. It seems she is the only housekeeper and the only front desk employee. Obviously this hotel is having some financial issues or the owner is just a hotel slumlord. We first took a cheaper room, it was the only room in the basement, and was a little creepy. There was only a space heater for the room, which is pretty dangerous. The internet did not work down there either, and I need it to work from my laptop. I went back to the front desk, and for a few dollars more she upgraded us to the actual ranch house. We were very pleasantly surprised with the house. Two bedrooms, with a very nice comfy bed in the larger room. Full kitchen, dining room with table, nice fairly newer bathroom with full tub. Dishes and cooking utensils were provided. The kitchen window does look out over the housekeeping laundry room, which is a little strange & it's a little noisy. Oh, and when someone rings the doorbell for the office, you can hear it in the house, which is kind of ridiculous, but it didn't bother us. We never had any contact with the owner, which looking at other reviews, is probably why our experience was not too bad. I would only recommend staying in the house, but the value for it was really worth it for us. I'm not sure if I would bring my family here, but for a couple it was nice. There were some shady characters at the hotel while we stayed, but we got to park our car up front by the office & road, so that made us feel better. It is within walking distance of Bozeman's downtown area with bars, restaurants, etc. My boyfriend had a music gig about a mile from the hotel.
Date of stay: September 2014
Room Tip: ONLY the ranch house if you can deal with some setbacks for a really nice place & good value
Trip type: Travelled on business
  • Wyndham
    $212
3.0 km from Ranch House Motel
View more hotels in Bozeman
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2014

OK, let's look at this for what it is. My daughter has a dog, this fit the bill. The rooms were cheap considering the town and time of year, but......... the bed was worn out, there were some nasties in the room. There is no refridge, micowave, coffee maker or much else. The AC unit is a self install window and makes me wonder about females traveling. All in all, for the price it wasn't that bad, and they have tried to up grade some things, but in the end, you can't polish a turd. I will not stay here again, just too far below my standards.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jim L
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Worst motel/hotel/hostel experience of my life. Would not recommend in a million years; sleeping in the car would be better. I did end up going to the Motel 6 in Bozeman after this, which was actually an incredible motel, especially considering it was the same price as the Ranch House. For the full story read below:

I called the Ranch House Motel in Bozeman a few days before I arrived. I asked what their rates would be for a single person with a dog. The person on the phone asked me how old the dog is, and if he has been house trained. I answered his questions (2 years old and yes,) and he told me it would cost 43 after tax, and they usually have space if I arrive the day of so I do not need to make a reservation.

I arrived in Bozeman and got to the Ranch House Motel. The girl at the front desk said that it is an extra 5.00/night for a dog. I told her that the guy on the phone said it was 43 after tax, and I had told him about my dog. She immediately said that the only guy there is the owner, so that 43 is fine. I booked a 2 night stay. She let me look at one room which had a smell which made me come very close to vomiting, which is a big deal as I work as a paramedic, but ended up putting me in a room which did not smell that bad, saying the smelly room was because the owner would have wanted her to show me it. She was very pleasant and was the only good thing about this hotel.

Later that evening, I received a call from the owner. He told me that it is an extra 5.00 a night for the dog, and that he never told me otherwise. I reminded him that I talked to him on the phone, and that he said it was 43.00 after tax. He got very mad and said he never said that, and hung up the phone.

The owner was clearly angry at this point, and I walked to the front desk in order to rectify the situation. I very calmly told him that we talked on the phone a few days ago, and that he told me it was 43 after tax - after asking about whether my dog had been house trained. I asked if any other male may have been working in the last few days, thinking he might have had a son or something filling in. He was furious at this point, and said "I don't care about 10.00. You're here for two nights, after that you are NEVER WELCOME HERE AGAIN." I was amazed by this, and while walking out the door I said that I'll definitely be writing a review now. Admittedly, that was not the mature thing to say, however I was angry as well by this point.

After I said the review comment he started screaming at me and said "ARE YOU THREATENING ME?!" (repeating that a few times,) and I put my hands in the air and said "No, no, I am really not threatening you at all." He said that all the guests who threaten to go on the internet have mental issues (pointing to my head,) and that we are all crazy. He told me that if I stay tomorrow he would throw all my stuff out of the room in to the parking lot, which was a very serious threat considering I traveled with two pairs of skis, avalanche safety gear, an expensive laptop, and all my textbooks. I asked for my money back and told him I would leave now if he gave me the money back for both nights, as I had enough with this. He said my dog had already been in the room (the dog is well house trained and did not make a mess in the least,) and that he would only give me the money for tomorrow. To his credit, he did immediately give me the cash back for the next night.

Never before have I been physically threatened (which I assume is what he was doing by yelling "ARE YOU THREATENING ME?!" in a very angry manner, looking like he was about to jump over the table at me. I never threatened him, all I said is that I was going to write a review about how ridiculous an owner of a motel was acting over a 5.00 charge which he forgot about when I talked to him on the phone. As I promised him, here is the review. The next day I went to the motel 6, which was actually a couple dollars cheaper with their internet rate (7.00 cheaper if you have a dog, as motel 6 does not charge for dogs,) and has a swimming pool/hot tub/sauna. The rooms are immaculate in cleanliness and all of the staff are very friendly.

If you want cheap accommodation in Bozeman DO NOT stay at the Ranch House Inn. The Motel 6 is an incredible alternative, and I am sure there are other alternatives as well.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
10  Thank Apollo911
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The Ranch House is the epitome of the worn 1950s motor inn. The location is convenient - just off the interstate and close to downtown. But maintenance is lax (peeling paint), basic services missing (no wake-up calls, but they'll give you an alarm clock). All this was minor stuff for a cheap motel. But no bath towels? That's an impressive fail.

Date of stay: September 2013
6  Thank AdventurousTraveler6
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We paid $79 + tax for a very basic 2 double (not queen) room. If you have driven by the single story motels on the side of the road that are built right on the ground and thought "I would never stay there" you know the ranch house motel. On the plus side the service was friendly (how can you be so happy to work in a cheap motel?) and the location was close to the main road. The room had an old fridge and older microwave and a tiny shower with a strong flow. The sink was newer but very basic (no vanity). The beds were ok. There is a nice view of an empty field in the back and a nice view if cars in front. This is the very definition of cheap but ok.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank desi0
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Dont even look at the other reviews. The complex is Very old and insecure. It has a door nob but it doesn't even look like it will protect me from something. The shower looks terrible and smell very bad. Lythols smell everywhere. Hard to breath. I would go some place else

Date of stay: June 2012