Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Great Surprise in Bozeman!!

Impressive dinosaur collection. Very thorough and educational for adults as well as for children... read more

Reviewed yesterday
N2027HIrebeccam
via mobile
Must do!

Amazing museum. So much to see in a great space. Dinosaur lovers are going to love this place. We... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
jwaldrop25
Arlington, Texas
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Bozeman
More Info
1,930 results
All reviews t rex dinosaur fossils living history farm native americans traveling exhibit all ages world class kids and adults gift shop on display few hours local history couple of hours something for everyone planetarium exhibits rockies
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2021

This is a really great museum with a tremendous collection of dinosaur fossils. Prefect for kids (young and old). They have more than dinosaurs here but the stars of the show are the dinosaurs.

There is a planetarium which is good (not great). (They really need to update the shows.)

The museum itself is wonderful but doesn't really flow all that well. It is an out and back trip which is kind of odd for a museum. Also, they need to invest in some non-glare glass in the dinosaur exhibit. It is difficult to take photos with the type of lighting they employ and the glare from the glass around some of the exhibits. (These are my minor critiques...)

I would def visit again if I was in the area. And it is definitely worth a visit if you have children.

1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

The museum was nice, small and located on the campus of MSU, I loved seeing the Dinosaur attractions and comparable references. When I came to almost the end, I became sad due to the Indian exhibition. There was a piece of the exhibit that says the Indians freely left Yellowstone when in fact they didn’t want to. There are so many things in history that are suppressed and we would hope they would tell the truth. The government saw the Indians as a threat to tourism and needed to get them off the land when they wanted to promote the park. The Indians were forced off the land and the government took the land which was not theirs to take. The exhibition States: “even with the loss of land and the Buffalo, Indian cultures have not vanished. Instead they responded to new economic and social conditions....to keep traditional values meaningful and alive amidst the devastation caused by alcohol and unemployment”. It started from the lands being taken which were not anyone else’s to take. Alcohol and unemployment could be derived from taking their purpose in life. Additionally there is an exhibition of the different tribes that are all over Montana and it shows very large gaps in between the tribes. Although only 4% of Yellowstone is in Montana, you can get an idea of how close the tribes backed up to others with what I’m about to say. The Crows, the Blackfeet, the Bannocks, and the Shoshones were the tribes located in Yellowstone. The Tukudika were the last standing tribe in the park until they were forced out as well due to increased Tourism. The tribes in Montana were all over Montana as well and there were actually no voids in land per the map in the museum. I give it 5 stars because it’s not the museum that is wrong, it’s the research and what is shared with the public.

1  Thank A9710UYlaurenl
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Great museum. The dinosaur displays were outstanding. With their vast collection, they were able to show the same type of dinosaur at various ages.

1  Thank DEGiii
Reviewed 7 May 2021

This is a small museum with a little bit of everything from fossils, Indian culture, dinosaurs, carriages. Ample parking and an excellent opportunity for family fun with some very good displays and educational. You tour on your own in a walk through.

Reviewed 6 May 2021

Very informative museum. Love how the dinosaurs were found in Montana, I didn't realize some were found in the state or right in Livingston. I visited with my Mom and I liked the changing exhibit on the main floor, it was of reptiles and fish of the seas when we were there. I had just finished watching the Godzilla movies and the skeletons reminded me of the monsters in that film. Depending on the changing exhibits I'd visit again. If your kids love dinosaurs then this is a must!

Date of experience: April 2021