Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Must do!

Amazing museum. So much to see in a great space. Dinosaur lovers are going to love this place. We... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
jwaldrop25
Arlington, Texas
via mobile
Cool dinos

They had full sized dinosaurs which my children loved. We had a blast. The space show was very well... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Joelknighton
Bar Harbor, Maine

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Bozeman
More Info
1,929 results
All reviews t rex dinosaur fossils living history farm native americans traveling exhibit all ages world class kids and adults gift shop on display few hours local history couple of hours something for everyone planetarium exhibits rockies
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

The museum was nice, small and located on the campus of MSU, I loved seeing the Dinosaur attractions and comparable references. When I came to almost the end, I became sad due to the Indian exhibition. There was a piece of the exhibit that says the Indians freely left Yellowstone when in fact they didn’t want to. There are so many things in history that are suppressed and we would hope they would tell the truth. The government saw the Indians as a threat to tourism and needed to get them off the land when they wanted to promote the park. The Indians were forced off the land and the government took the land which was not theirs to take. The exhibition States: “even with the loss of land and the Buffalo, Indian cultures have not vanished. Instead they responded to new economic and social conditions....to keep traditional values meaningful and alive amidst the devastation caused by alcohol and unemployment”. It started from the lands being taken which were not anyone else’s to take. Alcohol and unemployment could be derived from taking their purpose in life. Additionally there is an exhibition of the different tribes that are all over Montana and it shows very large gaps in between the tribes. Although only 4% of Yellowstone is in Montana, you can get an idea of how close the tribes backed up to others with what I’m about to say. The Crows, the Blackfeet, the Bannocks, and the Shoshones were the tribes located in Yellowstone. The Tukudika were the last standing tribe in the park until they were forced out as well due to increased Tourism. The tribes in Montana were all over Montana as well and there were actually no voids in land per the map in the museum. I give it 5 stars because it’s not the museum that is wrong, it’s the research and what is shared with the public.

1  Thank A9710UYlaurenl
Reviewed 10 May 2021

Great museum. The dinosaur displays were outstanding. With their vast collection, they were able to show the same type of dinosaur at various ages.

1  Thank DEGiii
Reviewed 7 May 2021

This is a small museum with a little bit of everything from fossils, Indian culture, dinosaurs, carriages. Ample parking and an excellent opportunity for family fun with some very good displays and educational. You tour on your own in a walk through.

Reviewed 6 May 2021

Very informative museum. Love how the dinosaurs were found in Montana, I didn't realize some were found in the state or right in Livingston. I visited with my Mom and I liked the changing exhibit on the main floor, it was of reptiles and fish of the seas when we were there. I had just finished watching the Godzilla movies and the skeletons reminded me of the monsters in that film. Depending on the changing exhibits I'd visit again. If your kids love dinosaurs then this is a must!

Date of experience: April 2021
1  Thank kbphotography85
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

The dinosaur collection is wonderful and the atmosphere is awesome! There are exhibits for Yellowstone history and Native America history also.

Date of experience: April 2021