Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
straw71
Rapid City, South Dakota

Nice, but small

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Dec 2023
Stayed here during a weekend trip to Billings. The Hotel is in a convenient location and easy to find. The check in was easy enough, but there was no mention of my Marriott status, which is fine. I know there are no guarantees, but the extra towels and pillows I asked for were not in the room. Since they don't clean during a short stay, I had requested the extras. The room was clean; however, it was considerably small. Normally suites have a separate area for the living room, this one does not. The couch is basically at the end of the bed, facing it. The storage is good in the room, if you are staying for a while.
The breakfast was decent, there was breakfast sandwiches, omelets and cooked bacon. There was also a waffle maker, oatmeal with many toppings, a few different cereals, some muffins, etc. along with yogurt. The bed was comfortable. We were on the first floor, and there was some type of humming noise, quite early in the morning. We were able to hear it although we utilized white noise, so you may not get a restful night sleep. Technically, I would have given 3.5 stars, but overall, not bad.
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 7 Dec 2023
Dear straw71, Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your review! We are glad you enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable bed, and breakfast offerings. We hope to see you again next time travel brings you to the area.
$307
    $182
  • Skyscanner.com
1.9 km from TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings
View more hotels in Billings
All reviews stayed here our room was spacious front desk staff included breakfast restaurants and shopping property dishwasher gm convenience mt
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2023

This is a very nice, clean TownePlace Suites which is what we expect from Marriott. It has a nice patio and fire pit area with brand new furniture. Our room had a small furnished kitchen. It is conveniently located just off I90.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sarah Heatherly, Owner at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2023

Thank you so much for choosing TownePlace Suites Billings and sharing your review! We hope to see you again next time travel brings you to the area.

Reviewed 12 April 2023 via mobile

When I discovered I’d be spending Eight Weeks in Billings Montana this Spring I set out to find somewhere I’d be comfortable, and receive the care I’ve come to expect as a Lifetime Titanium with current Ambassador Status.

I found it here. Working directly with the General Manager, she booked all 8 weeks directly for me.

Upon one of my early stays, I met the GM and several of her staff were on-hand which allowed me to introduce myself so I’d be a familiar face.

The property is well maintained. The complimentary breakfast fresh and plentiful. When possible, I’ve enjoyed an upgrade to the already comfortable accommodations.

They’ve gone above and beyond to make me feel at home.

The location is near plenty of restaurants and shopping, but nestled off a side street for a quiet and comfortable stay.

Thanks Again team for a great experience!

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank FQTV_IT_Nurse
Claire Hill, Owner at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2023

Dear FQTV_IT_Nurse, Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and in such detail! The entire TownePlace Suites Billings staff prides ourselves on creating a memorable and gratifying stay for all our guests. We appreciate guests like you who give us a chance to show you hospitality in a unique way. Again, thank you for your positive comments. Safe travels, and we look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2022

My husband and I are staying at this hotel currently and the word I would use to describe it is : crusty! Even the tv sucks. Furniture looks old and worn as well as the bathroom needs updated. We will stay for one night and not return. My husband is a titanium member with Marriott so this is more than disappointing!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2022

Hello!
I appreciate the feedback regarding your stay. Of course this is not the impression we want to give, but we appreciate the comments as we use feedback to improve our facility. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to southeast Montana.

Reviewed 26 September 2022

Stayed here for a night while traveling from Custer to Columbia Falls. A great choice!
Becky at check-in was awesome, and our room was spacious, clean, user friendly, and well stocked. The included breakfast was appreciated and average. If we ever have more time to spend in Billings, we will choose this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2022

Thank you! We appreciate your kind words regarding your stay with us. We love all feedback and thank you for taking time to leave detailed feedback for us, as well as other travelers. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 12 September 2022

The only word that succinctly describes this Marriott property is: Shabby. And NOT shabby chic by any stretch of the imagination. The location is decent and easily accessible off of the I-90 and we enjoy Internet TV Marriott supplies, but the positivity stops there. Let’s talk price first: $250-some dollars for a night’s stay in Billings, MT or 20,000 points for Marriott members (we used points that were excessive for this property). First my husband and I didn't want to take off our shoes as the carpet was filthy: spots everywhere, dirty looking and just worn. The sheer curtains had pulls and stains and should have been replaced. The dresser between the queen beds had drawers that would slide open on their own. If you closed the top one, the second one would open and then the third. We got painters tape from the desk and had to tape them shut to avoid running into the edges in the night. The furniture is just cheap looking and not well-maintained; it looks like it was all purchased at a cheap furniture outlet and has been banged up in the years since this property opened. We did not use the small, but efficient, kitchen since the room did not make us feel like it would be well-cleaned. The bathroom sink area is so small that we could not fit out toiletry bags on there. But the towels are what really gave me the shudders: They were also shabby, thin and with cotton pulls throughout. Seems like they needed to be replaced a couple of years ago. The paltry breakfast selection left much to be desired, so breakfast was acquired on the road. The front desk staff in the morning was unpleasant and we were quite thankful to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Date of stay: September 2022
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2022

Hello SusanH,
Thank you so much for your feedback and comments. This is certainly uncharacteristic of our hotel and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will continue to work with my team and ensure any building issues are addressed and corrected.