Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Susan H
Anthem, Arizona

Shabby and Poorly Maintained. Expensive and N ot Worth It

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Sept 2022
The only word that succinctly describes this Marriott property is: Shabby. And NOT shabby chic by any stretch of the imagination. The location is decent and easily accessible off of the I-90 and we enjoy Internet TV Marriott supplies, but the positivity stops there. Let’s talk price first: $250-some dollars for a night’s stay in Billings, MT or 20,000 points for Marriott members (we used points that were excessive for this property). First my husband and I didn't want to take off our shoes as the carpet was filthy: spots everywhere, dirty looking and just worn. The sheer curtains had pulls and stains and should have been replaced. The dresser between the queen beds had drawers that would slide open on their own. If you closed the top one, the second one would open and then the third. We got painters tape from the desk and had to tape them shut to avoid running into the edges in the night. The furniture is just cheap looking and not well-maintained; it looks like it was all purchased at a cheap furniture outlet and has been banged up in the years since this property opened. We did not use the small, but efficient, kitchen since the room did not make us feel like it would be well-cleaned. The bathroom sink area is so small that we could not fit out toiletry bags on there. But the towels are what really gave me the shudders: They were also shabby, thin and with cotton pulls throughout. Seems like they needed to be replaced a couple of years ago. The paltry breakfast selection left much to be desired, so breakfast was acquired on the road. The front desk staff in the morning was unpleasant and we were quite thankful to get out of there as quickly as possible.
Date of stay: September 2022
1.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
1.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 14 Sept 2022
Hello SusanH,
Thank you so much for your feedback and comments. This is certainly uncharacteristic of our hotel and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will continue to work with my team and ensure any building issues are addressed and corrected.
$391
    $161
    $177
2.2 km from TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings
View more hotels in Billings
All reviews stayed here our room was spacious front desk staff included breakfast restaurants and shopping property dishwasher gm convenience mt
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2022

We loved this place! New and in a very convenient location. Slept great! Super friendly front desk staff. Top grades for convenience, comfort and quiet. Average breakfast. Large refrigerator and a dishwasher. Would go out of my way to stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2022
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2022

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave a review for other travelers! I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us; we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 June 2022

Recently stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Billings, Montana. After returning to travel after the pandemic, it was refreshing to discover the property has not changed in terms of quality service, welcoming atmosphere, and good quality. The property is clean and well maintained. It is located near restaurants (walking distance) and shopping also.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2022

Hello ITTravelerArizona !
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay. We appreciate all feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We do work hard to create a welcoming environment for all and keep it looking its best! Stay cool this summer and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 25 January 2022 via mobile

The assigned room 303 is a nice size and clean. However it is also build right next to the elevator. For individuals that has sharp hearings and hard to fall asleep due to noises this is a terrible room for them. This will be the first and last time staying at this hotel while here in Billing MT for business.

Room tip: Avoid room 303 at all cost if one’s is sensitive to noise
Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Hello Traveler-
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry your sleep was interrupted by noises from the elevator, I understand the importance of a good nights rest.

Reviewed 30 August 2021

Clean, comfortable room. Friendly staff. We were within walking distance of a nice restaurant so we got take out and ate at the tables in the rear of the hotel. It worked really well for us and our dog. Only stayed one night but we would definitely stay again if we were in the area.

Date of stay: August 2021
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2021

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay. We appreciate your detailed feedback and kind words; so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you enjoy the rest of summer and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 23 August 2021

I called to make a free certificate points stay and talked to Jasmine. She made the reservation and said I should have a paper copy of the free certificate stay. I told her it was in my app as two free stay certificates. She said she would talk to her manager in the morning and they would figure it out on their end and that I was all set.

I arrived at the hotel to Checkin and the lady said it was a cash stay, $350. Interesting enough her name tag said Jasmine but she said it wasn’t her that made the reservation. I informed her I made a free point certificate stay and told her Jasmine made the reservation. The Checkin Jasmine didn’t know what to do and said there was no manager available, she finally did use her cell phone to call her manager and disappeared to the back room. I was then told I was misinformed and there was nothing she could do except offer me a room upgrade and discount the room to 300. I told her this was not acceptable as I booked a free certificate stay. She said there was nothing she could do and that I could speak with Mamagment in the morning. I was not willing to pay 300 to stay at this hotel which is why I was using point/free certificate. I asked her to cancel the reservation and she kindly said they would charge my credit card for the stay anyway. I told her none of this was right and expressed my frustration. She had another conversation with her manager via cell phone again and said she can’t do anything for me and they were still going to charge my credit card for their mistake.

She was not empowered to do anything herself, she wouldn’t let me speak with her manager and said they would be in tomorrow morning. I texted the manager my frustrations as his cell number was on his business card (he would not answer my phone call). I called corporate Marriott and the supervisor was not able to do anything or cancel my reservation. I Did receive a text message after 40+ minutes of dealing with this from the manager that he would not charge my card if I canceled. I stay at enough properties to earn gold elite status and have stayed multiple times at this hotel and I will never stay at this property again.

We drove two additional hours further in our trip to a different hotel. One of the other reviews was right. This is not a typical Marriott as no one is able to troubleshoot problems or help you out and no management works evenings.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jordan Clayton, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Billings, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2021

822melh-
Thank you for providing feedback- Typically, Trip Advisor is a platform for guests to share experiences from a stay in which they have checked into a hotel. However, this is certainly not the experience we want any of our guests to have and I appreciate your comments. After receiving more information from my team, I believe the miscommunication was in regards to the certificate that you wanted to use. The certificate being a free night from your Bonvoy account, whereas we were expecting a paper-certificate at check in (such as one donated to various charities or events). Either way, I am sorry for the frustration you experienced. I also want to thank you for reaching out to me directly via text message and giving me the opportunity to communicate with you. (I was in a theatre and chose not to answer as I didn't recognize the number, but was able to respond quietly via text.)
I do hope you will give us another chance when you come to Billings in the future. We want to ensure you are satisfied with your experiences at TownePlace Billings. I hope we will earn your trust again on a future stay and live up to your expectations as we have in the past!