Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rick_and_Sandy_R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

part 2...... the return

Review of The Vegas Hotel
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Nov 2019
Since we had a great stay days earlier, chose to stay here again. What a different experience.
Checked in really late, after midnight. The clerk was weird, too talkative and just a little off.
The room I was given wasn't clean. The receipt from the night before was still on the sink counter.
Called the desk. He offered to come up with a different room key.
He gave me a key to a room a couple doors over but it didn't have any air conditioning. It was a cool night so I was ok with this. Said he was coming back with the receipt and make sure everything was ok. He also said to ask the morning manager for a refund for the inconvience. I NEVER asked for this, he offered it. I kept the door open and the window open to create a breeze and then he never showed! I was ok with this arrangement as all i wanted was to check email and sleep.
Went to desk at check out and get my refund. The manager acted like I was crazy. Called the Hotel manager who I had met days before and was super helpful. He came down and accused me of making the story up. Claimed the room wasn't dirty, claimed there was no way I was in a room with no A/C. I was flabbergasted. Finally authorized the refund. Was then told I would get a check in weeks from corporate. Again I was stunned.
Having no option but to accept, I went to breakfast. This was the best part of the 1st visit. Not this time! No one was manning the kitchen. 4 or 5 people were waiting. Others said they were waiting over 10 minutes for their food. A young man finally came in and got food to those waiting. Cold and evidence it had been sitting. No coffee was ready. I ordered the biscuits and gravy. Same tasty meal I had the last time. This time the biscuits were burnt, the gravy was cold and the juice was warm. The area was a mess and the man disappeared as quick as he showed.

Talk about the best and worst of times!!!! This hotel was both in a matter of 3 or 4 days!

If I am in Billings, I don't know if I'd return. If I do, and the weird night clerk is on duty, I'll cancel and not waste my time!!!!!
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Tripadvisor
8.2 km from The Vegas Hotel
5.5 km from The Vegas Hotel
View more hotels in Billings
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

There was no heat and it was quite cold outside due to unusually frigid temperatures. The clerk had no idea how to fix and there were no other rooms available as Montana was having unusual snow storms. The hotel was a former casino and although the rooms were non smoking, they still smelled like smoke. We were on the second floor and there was no elevator and I am handicapped, so it was quite difficult.

Reviewed 18 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed in Billings for an event at the Metra and chose The Vegas Hotel based on location and low nightly rate. We requested 2 keys but only one could be provided because it was “the only key” to our room. The room was spacious and easily accommodated 2 king beds, large flat screen TV, full-sized mini-fridge and microwave. The downside was the disgustingly filthy carpeting (hence, the flip flops). The hallway carpeting was equally deflected. The beds were comfortable and bedding appeared clean. We attempted to partake of the included breakfast, but were turned away as they were experiencing “maintenance problems”. Our room was quiet. A neighbor in the motel improvised his own “do not disturb” sign. This is not the place to relax in one’s room after a hard day. It’s a place to lay your head - not much more.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Betsydoggie
Reviewed 17 October 2019

Clean, Comfortable and Convenient sums up my one night stay on a recent motorcycle trip. The staff was friendly the place was clean and the breakfast was good and cooked to order. Close to anything you would like to see or do in the Billings area. I would stay again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 4 October 2019

Stayed at the property September 10 for one night. After returning from our two week trip through SD and WY we checke our credit card statement and found that we were charged twice for our one night stay. Repeated emails to the hotel remain unanswered and so far no credit has been issued. After finally reaching the front desk were told: talk to the manager, only in in the morning. Hopefully will get to talk to a manager and issued will be resolved. BUT BE CAREFUL, CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT

1  Thank ZTUL1
Reviewed 26 September 2019

This is fairly large motel with an attached casino . The lobby is well appointed and I noted there was coffee ready all day. The room we had was very large and the towels were great. The bed was OK not the best I have ever had but OK. The pool looked excellent although we did not use it.

The one neat feature about the motel is the breakfast . It is a sit down breakfast with waiter service. There is a nice choice of entrees , coffee, juice etc are self service.

The staff at the motel were very nice and there is ample parking

2  Thank Teacherbear