Algotels
StayForLong
Lol.travel
Traveling often
Georgetown, Texas

Room reeked of animal urine

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Jul 2021via mobile
Enjoy the strong smell of dog urine? We don’t either. But a recent overnight stay at Bucks T4 lodge found us inhaling just that throughout the night. No one should have to endure this nauseating situation, and most especially when one has paid $480 for one night. With all rooms being full, we made it through the long night and exited early. Stopping to politely inform the desk clerk of our experience, her only response, “Thank you. I’ll let housekeeping know.” Therefore, we felt it important to let you know and were left wondering if the response was indicative of a reoccurring issue within their rooms.
Date of stay: July 2021
    $1,504
0.6 km from Buck's T-4 Lodge
  • StayForLong
View more hotels in Big Sky
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2021 via mobile

For the money over $200 (we had the wedding rate) this is more like a rundown motel 6. The rooms are no where as nice as the photos. The sheets were dirty with blood and crusty stuff on them. The towels are old and super thin. The iron was cabled to the ironing board like anyone would want to take such a horrible piece of equipment. The iron burned my husband's shirt although we had it set to the lowest setting and stained my clothes before the wedding we were here to attend. We stayed here 4 nights and our room was never cleaned the entire time. The coffee makers in the room were horrible! The coffee tasted like crap!!!! I would not ever recommend this motel to my worst enemy!

Room tip: No elevator so be prepared to carry heavy bags up stairs. Call for clean sheets when you check in and ask for a decent working iron
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2021

This place was tough to review. Overall it was is clean and acceptable but after staying there I am surprised to see it over 4/5 . I think is so high is for a few reasons
- apparently pre-covid they had an amazing included buffet breakfast. For my stay they had a takeout breakfast which was good one day but mediocre for most. It's yogurt, cereal, and 1 rotating hot item (usually filled with eggs and potatoes).
- Big Sky is expensive and this is one of the few somewhat reasonable options that is "close enough" to the slopes at around $200. Keep in mind the lodge is a 20 minute drive from the slopes- so you are paying less to be somewhat far but also to stay in what essentially is an older motel that would normally be $50 a night.
- Despite being 20 minutes away from the slopes- there is not much you are missing out on compared to staying slope side (besides obviously easier skiing access) . There is a quickly growing town center with hotels/restaurants/shops but that is still 10 minutes from the slopes and Buck's T4.

The common amenities and grounds have very little charm- the lobby carpet is basically the same as those glue down carpet tiles they put in 90s offices. The hot tubs look like swimming pools and mostly just have views of tall wooden fencing.

There is no Ski shuttle- instead a public bus stops at the resort- but looking at the schedules it does not leave often and takes forever ~45 minutes. Big Sky does have a free parking lot and an amazing parking shuttle system that runs almost every 2 minutes.

I will say about maybe 1 out of 3 guests did not wear masks in public areas and seemed to like to hang out outside their rooms. I actually kind of expected this knowing it's kind of part of rural culture and Montana is very rural- but after concluding my trip I realized this experience was only for this lodge specifically- no where else did I ever pass folks indoors without masks.

If I were to do this trip again I would do one of the following

- Stay for cheaper at the 320 guest ranch that is 15 minutes further away. While I did not see inside the rooms (I'm sure it's as basic as T-4's )- I visited the property and it just had a lot of rustic charm and better ambiance compared to T-4.
- Pay more for for a better property that is also closer to the slopes
- Stay in Bozeman for a cheaper/better hotel and better dinners in town (I'm sure this is bad idea if you want to Ski on a weekend)

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank ED8762
Reviewed 13 December 2020

Terrible experience overall. Reasons:
1. Stayed there this year for skiing at BigSky. Checked in, hauling all the heavy ski equipment. The front desk person told us specifically that our room was in another building outside, top floor. We hauled the heavy ski gear (including kids') in 3-4 feet fresh snow, up the stairs (no elevator) only to find that the room was not in that building but right there next to the front desk. The person deliberately made us haul everything to the wrong building in heavy snow. Still not sure why he did that... may be since were not local and asian?
2. Room was extremely dry to the point where we had to crack open the window in the dead winter.
3. Frontdesk person (again) gave us wrong information that the restaurant right next door is closed and we need to go to the town to have dinner. We casually checked the restaurant while heading out to town and found that they were indeed open and waiting for guests. Can't put my finger exactly, but the attitude of the front desk person was to give us as much trouble as possible.
4. They told me that I have only 3 nights booking even though my reservation was for 4 nights (per expedia confirmation). Took some time to get this sorted out by expedia with them.
5. DO NOT RELY on the shuttle service. They don't come on time, they don't take you back to the hotel per the posted schedule (dropped us off somewhere completely different and we had to take another bus to get back to the hotel), they took off while a few folks were still unloading, potentially putting them as well as other people in harm's way (the hatch was open when they took off, skis dangling out)
Overall - if you want a stress free ski vacation, don't go here.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 21 October 2020

For the price and location this is a great stay. The staff is very nice, room was clean and comfortable and the famous restaurant next door is convenient.
But definitely ask for a top floor room or one away from the road or be prepared to hear everyone get up for the mornings. For us on the ground floor, at 6am sharp the upstairs neighbor had their boots on and began stomping around to get ready for work. Then you could hear all the surrounding trucks start up to leave right outside the window and finally by 7am the highway road next to our building was busy with life and the roaring of trucks going by was enough to finally get us up and out.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

Our stay was wonderful. Our room was clean and quiet and it was close to all the things we wanted to do! We went ziplining at Montana white waters and hiking at ousel falls! We had a great dinner right there at the restaurant and got to take a nice dip in their two hot tubs!

Date of stay: August 2020