Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews bunk beds full kitchen base lift lines
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2019

Our Big Horn condo was described as simple. Fair enough. But it was not described as dilapidated. Or dingy. Or broken. Our TV didn’t work. They said they could fix it. They couldn’t fix it. The blind didn’t work. We had to cobble together parts from 3 coffee makers to make coffee. The TVs (that didn’t work) were ridiculously small. The lighting was dim. More generally, we were underwhelmed by the service at this sprawling behemoth. We were new to the resort, and were confused about the lay of the land. In many cases, the staff compounded our confusion. The ski rental people didn’t know where the lockers were to store our stuff. A concierge told me our lift tickets were good for a third day. They weren’t. In all fairness, we were comped $150 off our hotel bill due to the TV being broken, which ultimately struck me as insufficient given the numerous additional problems recounted above. When I asked to speak to a manager (twice) the hotel front desk attendants told me a manager would contact me. That never happened. (Had that happened, I honestly wouldn’t have written this scathing review.) Although it was convenient to be on-property given the logistics of schlepping skis, etc., our condo was a dump. We will not be back.

Room tip: Just don't go
Date of stay: March 2019
1  Thank Alice M
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Horn Condominiums at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2019

Hi @Alice M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize that what you experienced was not up to yours, nor our, standards. While our condos do vary from unit to unit due to specific owner preferences, the issues that you are describing are certainly unacceptable. Additionally, we pride ourselves on our exceptional guest service, so I am very disappointed to hear that you did not receive that.
We take all feedback seriously, and as an opportunity to improve. If you wouldn't mind emailing me at zfogg@bigskyresort.com with either the unit number that you were in, or what name the reservation was under, I would like to begin looking into the maintenance issues you've described immediately.

Zander, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

First time to Big Sky and highly disappointed in the Big Horn Condos. They are very dated, old TV’s left in the closets, no tv’s in bedrooms, no humidifier, horrible lighting. I can hardly see to find my clothes the lighting is so bad in the bedrooms. No hot tub on the premises. I will not be coming back. These are individually owned so I am staying in #32. Think we also have dirty sheets on some of the beds.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Horn Condominiums at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Hello @Amy1234783,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in the Big Horns. I truly apologize that you were unsatisfied with some aspects of your condo. I am passing along your comments about the lighting and housekeeping issues immediately to the Condos manager so that they can be addressed. While we cannot guarantee that every individual condo has a hot tub in it, all visitors who stay in one of our condominiums do have access to the Hotel's pool, hot tub, and fitness center if they wish. Again, I apologize that you were dissatisfied with parts of your stay, and I hope that you will give us another chance in the future!

-Zander, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 17 January 2019

The condo itself was ok. Both main bedrooms were upstairs, room with double beds downstairs. No complaints on the condo. Had 4 adults and 3 kids. Plenty of room, loved having the area for boots and coats separate from the main house, but connected. Nice fireplace, plenty of wood already there. Maid service came one day, and we didn't know they were coming at all, but was a nice surprise.

Room tip: Know your distance to the lift areas from the condo. Could be a good walk.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BigSkyCentralRes, Manager at Big Horn Condominiums at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2019

Hi @734andrewa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Big Horn condos! We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to have you back again soon!

-Zander, Big Sky Resort

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a Medical Conference with my family and rented 3 bedroom unit.
Pros: Great location to conference center; spacious 3 bedroom condo with 3 full bathrooms; one car garage that will fit any vehicle smaller than midsize vehicle; full kitchen; Great price at $215/day plus tax.
Cons: Elevation is almost 8000ft so prepare for that and possibility of Altitude Sickness. See your doctor for prevention; security is poor, we had kids throwing a baseball and hit our car, security did nothing about it; Rooms in need of maintenance, blinds were torn down and condos from across the way could see unobstructed into our living room; lastly housekeeping is a joke, unit was filthy!
Only reason I upgraded to 3 stars was the amenities for the price, so plan accordingly!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sinusdoc
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Big Horn Condominiums at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hello @Sinusdoc,
Your feedback is important to us. I would like to talk to you further on your experience. Can you email me at katie.grice@bigskyresort.com to schedule time to discuss. -Katie

Reviewed 8 April 2018

We stayed in unit #61 which is an end unit. We enjoyed the size and layout, and since it was an end unit there were large windows on the side wall that looked out to the peak of Big Sky mountain which was really beautiful. I can see where an inside unit might be a little dark and dreary without the extra natural light. They do provide free wifi which worked excellent. Just make sure they give you the passcode at check-in.

As others have mentioned, these are privately owned units and we rented ours directly through Big Sky reservations. I'm not sure who is responsible for upkeep if they are being constantly rented. We had several minor issues that should have been resolved prior to arrival with regular maintenance. Pots and pans needed to be recleaned before using them, drawers in the rooms not vacumned out or cleaned from guest to guest (toothpaste smeared inside bathroom drawers), missing bottom shelf in refrigerator, broken wheel on bottom rack of dishwasher, popcorn in-between sofa cushions that could be seen without looking for them, etc.. For the money we paid, we should not have walked into so many issues. Those who are paid to clean the rooms in-between guests should be reporting these issues and also making sure to clean properly if renting the units out on behalf of the owners.

Our unit had cut wood for the fireplace, however, it was hard to get the wood to light and stay lit for a reasonable amount of time. There was also a second refrigerator in the garage which was nice to have. We had plenty of room in our 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit which was furnished nicely and had granite counter tops and nice appliances, although I must say that it was a challenge trying to use an electric stovetop when you're used to gas.

When checking in at the Summit, they don't give you much info and just send you on your way to the unit. They give you a card to use for pool privileges at the Huntley Lodge and an extension to call if you have any questions. The only problem was that the phones had been removed from the units (apparently noone took this minor detail into consideration when telling you who to contact for any issues). I had to try several different direct numbers to report some issues, but we worked through it.

We had our own vehicle so getting around was not a problem. Each unit has space for a vehicle. The Poma lift was a short walk away and at the end of the day you can ski the entire way back to where you started.

For the most part, we had a great time and enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, hearing that some of the units are run down and it's a hit or miss situation with which unit you are assigned, I would request one that has good reviews so you are not disappointed. We would definitely stay in this unit again, but would hope that a little maintenance would be a priority to keep it up (for owner's and guests alike). We left our unit very clean but we should have found it that way as well.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BSRCentralReserv, Manager at Big Horn Condominiums at Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello @Cricket59,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a thorough review of the Big Horn Condos. We appreciate your feedback and will address the items you listed that need attention. When we receive feedback like yours, we appreciate the opportunity to improve. -Katie, Big Sky Resort