Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ray D
Orange County, California

Great service even before arrival!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Aug 2020
I had originally booked to stay at huntley months in advance; however they contacted me that they do not have enough patrons to be open during my time there. They moved me to The Summit at Big Sky. And I am so glad they did! I had forgot to save my reservation information at the summit so I contacted huntley to provide me the info. They could not find it! I was to fly out the next day! I stayed for a long time to retrieve my reservation info. Huntley could not find it! I called The Summit and I spoke with the night Manager (Elizabeth); she could not find my info neither. She noticed my great concern in my voice and she said that no matter what I will have a room and not to worry. She said that she will look into it. I gave her my info and tried calling huntley's again. Elizabeth called me a few minutes later and found some info on my reservation but she will leave notes for the morning manager when I arrive the next day. When I arrived I was nervous to even give my name and find out I have nothing. However I had no problem. Thank you Elizabeth for looking into this mix up. I had a great 3rd floor room with a great view of the mountain. I stayed there 4 days. The morning breakfast was really busy and I tip my hat off to Jordan for putting up with some difficult guests. I witnessed it! Jordan; the force is strong with you! The breakfast selection was not big. But I am not picky. there was always something there for my taste. I love the seasoned potatoes and carrots. I highly recommend THE SUMMIT AT BIG SKY!! It was my first time in MT and I loved it! Thank you
Date of stay: August 2020
Room Tip: I would pick a room in the back of the hotel. The windows face the mountain view.
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 25 Aug 2020
Hi @Q4082CLrayd,

Thank you for leaving a review of the Summit Hotel! I apologize for the confusion prior to your arrival but am thrilled to hear that Elizabeth was able to make everything right for you - she is a true asset to our team!

$475
12.4 km from The Summit At Big Sky
  • Algotels
12.0 km from The Summit At Big Sky
View more hotels in Big Sky
All reviews murphy bed ski valet peaks restaurant hot tub studio room bell staff lift lines slope side breakfast buffet living area lone mountain after a long day ski slopes mountain village west yellowstone ricardo skis
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 August 2020

This was a fantastic time. Utterly dumbfounded by the service and hospitality of summit at big sky. Brendan Coon especially represents what you can expect at summit at Big Sky. Whether you are the adventure type or the relax type, Summit will be there for you.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Zander Fogg, Revenue Management at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2020

Hi @IAM_NOOONE,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Summit Hotel! We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 19 March 2020

We spent a week at this hotel in a one bedroom condo. The condo was very neat and clean. We had a great view of the mountain and village. Only a few yards to the lifts from the hotel. The valets were outstanding! They helped us with our luggage and the ski valets carried our skis from the hotel racks to the level part of the ski hill for us! Valet parking was 20$ per day. Our car was delivered to us in minutes when requested and it was always warm as it was kept in a garage.
Breakfast was included in our stay and the buffet was excellent. There are two restaurants in the hotel with bars. Good food but drinks were a bit pricey.
We had a great time at this resort!

Date of stay: March 2020
Zander Fogg, Revenue Management at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Hi @agmorg55,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Summit Hotel. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 13 March 2020

Stayed here five years ago and gone downhill. Positives: - location, bell men, ski storage (no boot storage) - views from slope side rooms. The negatives outweigh positives now: room cleaning - hit or miss depending on your floor - sometimes none at all; concierge service that uses Open Table to get reservations even in its own hotel restaurant - I could do that myself - and rolls her eyes and sighs if you ask for any extra effort; ridiculous wait for breakfast buffet even when tables are empty and a slow process of checking each person by name from a LONG list - rather than room number - followed by signing forms after breakfast - plus a buffet that is not that appetizing and gets sloppy after an hour - oh and cheap bread from plastic bag along with unappetizing chemical filled pastry. Not a 4 star breakfast. My take on the staff was that they are unhappy - some overworked - particularly room cleaning staff - understaffed in general and lacking customer service training - as one person said, felt like the hotel was giving you a reason to leave rather than return.

Room tip: slope view
1  Thank newyork025
Zander Fogg, Revenue Management at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2020

Hi @newyork025,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay in the Summit Hotel. I apologize that many aspects of your stay did not meet your, nor our, expectations of service. Our goal for all of our staff and outlets is to provide exceptional guest service, and I am very sorry that we missed that mark during your stay. We value your feedback and will use it in our efforts to improve.

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We own a home in Big Sky and recently had a large gathering of two families with three generations so we booked a suite and connecting double bed room at the Summit to accommodate our extra space needs. We’ve stayed at the Summit before so we knew what to expect and we were not disappointed- it was very good as usual.

Front desk, housekeeping and the valet teams were all friendly and helpful. If you can, try to get a room with a view of Lone Peak - not that you’ll spend much time in your room looking out the window (I hope not!). It is pretty cool though.

The hotel has complimentary ski storage so you don’t need to lug your skis up your room and there’s a newly remodeled bar and restaurant next door in the Mountain Village Center you should try out.

Oh, and don’t let stories about long waits deter you- the lift lines are very modest and move quickly compared to other ski areas and the new Swift Current high speed chair opening next season will make them even better.

One last comment: this is not a new hotel so manage your expectations accordingly. That said, it is very comfortable, clean, appropriately decorated (remember, it’s the mountains) and best of all- a GREAT location!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank bondman59
Zander Fogg, Revenue Management at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Hi @bondman59,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Summit Hotel! We know that there are many places to stay in Big Sky, and appreciate you choosing the Summit to host your family!

Reviewed 9 March 2020

Big Sky, small Summit Hotel service

One of the main marketing lures of the Summit Hotel at Big Sky ski resort in Montana it is that Barack Obama has been one of his guests. So, if you are one of those persons who is seeking for hotels with celebrity allure or one who equals luxury with expensive things, don’t continue reading. But if you think value and price are different things, then read this review, because at the end of the day you are not Barack Obama.

The Summit Hotel had some premieres to me, which is a lot to say for a well experienced traveler.

The first premier was the breakfast as it has been the first hotel ever I had to wait between fifteen to tweenty minutes to be seated in the table. One of the most funny things about this situation was the answer of the manager to the complains we all had for the waiting: the problem is that you all come at the same time. Of course, man, we all want to go to the slopes as soon as they open so it is normal that we all go to have breakfast as the same time.

The second milestone was that once one get into the breakfast room one could observed there were many empty tables and the waiters were going from one place to another without much purpose. I wonder if this is the result of the Trump policies as it is true there were not as many Latin Americans as I have seen in other ski resorts before. Polices that by the way have not made America great again but have made Americans to work on jobs for which they seem not to have the right skills.

Another record was the daily surprise of the room: one day we placed the pack of beers we bought in the refrigerator -weird that a four star hotel don’t have mini bar, though I can live with that- and next day, all of the bottles were frozen and the beer was leaking through the cap. Another day the beds were not done. Not so serious this problem. Itvcan happen but when we talked to other people in the hotel we realized it happened to all of them one day or another.

What to say about the adventure of the coffee machine, waiting for the moment of a mini explosion that would spur the coffe all over the pantry place.

I recognize that all this could have been a case of acute bad luck, yes. But some of our friends in the trip had also a daily tale of the room: one day they had to ask four times for a humidifier cause none of the first three worked properly. Another day, the sink of the bathroom stopped draining as did ours too... And some many others weird things: the hot tub and the swimming pool that for two days were not so hot or the small fire in the kitchen that left out of service the two restaurants of the hotels.

Apparently, this is what is called the Montana way.

As for the ski, it was great, but so it was in Utah, Colorado, Whistler and Banff. And the once added value that Montana had, the one of skiing without waiting lines, it is gone since the Icon Pass has been implemented and one have to wait for taking many of the lifts.

All in all, I recommend other hotels and ski resorts in America.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ciudadanonocliente
Zander Fogg, Revenue Management at The Summit At Big Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Hi @ciudadanonocliente,

Thank you for leaving a review of the Summit Hotel. We value your feedback and appreciate your insights as to some areas where we can improve.