Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ariana
Las Vegas, Nevada

Lone mountain ranch is a great place to stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Apr 2024
Lone Mountain Ranch in Big Sky, Montana, is a fantastic choice for a dude ranch vacation. With its historic log cabins, delicious food, and stunning scenery, the ranch offers an authentic Montana experience. Guests can enjoy horseback riding, fly-fishing, hiking, and even sleigh rides in the winter. The ranch is also family-friendly, with special activities and programs for kids.
Here are some of the highlights of Lone Mountain Ranch:
* Historic log cabins: The ranch's cabins are a great way to experience Montana's history. They range in size from one to six bedrooms, so there's plenty of space for families or groups.
* Delicious food: The ranch's restaurant, Horn & Cantle, is a popular spot for both guests and locals. The menu features regional cuisine made with fresh, local ingredients.
* Stunning scenery: Lone Mountain Ranch is located in a beautiful valley surrounded by mountains. The views are simply breathtaking.
* Activities for all ages: The ranch offers a variety of activities for guests of all ages, including horseback riding, fly-fishing, hiking, biking, and sleigh rides.
* Family-friendly: The ranch has a number of programs and activities specifically designed for kids, such as hayrides and campfire programs.
Whether you're looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation,
Date of stay: April 2024
view of grounds
5.8 km from Lone Mountain Ranch
    6.7 km from Lone Mountain Ranch
    View more hotels in Big Sky
    All reviews the sleigh ride dinner cross country skiing lone mountain discovery package north fork nordic skiing yellowstone tour all inclusive package downhill ski winter wonderland trout montana experience winter activities bozeman airport the entire staff minute drive ski vacation
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 19 March 2024

The experience you will receive is Terrific. You place a request and it will be fulfilled. Coffee in a Thermo at your door every morning. Rooms are clean and nice, food is wonderful in the restaurant. All the help is courtesy and thoughtful, and if they can't help you, they'll refer someone to you who can. The ranch will transport you to outside events and later pick you up and bring you back. It is pricey and well worth it. Enjoy we did.

Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 18 March 2024

I cant even put into words how amazing Lone Mountain Ranch is! My husband and I spent our Honeymoon here and it was a dream come true! When we arrived they had the best gift basket waiting for us that had so many amazing snacks and keepsakes and also a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries and even had a card with the sweetest note!!! 🥹 I was so blown away! This ranch is SO incredibly accommodating, friendly, and seriously puts so much effort into the guest experience. They really think of everything! The concierge to take you anywhere you want to go, morning coffee delivered to your door step with the best handwritten messages, the activities, the food, the sleigh ride, the views, the robes and slippers they provide, the daily refill of wood and matches, giving you carrots whenever you want to feed the horses and goats, the coffee and hot chocolate bar in the outpost, the s’mores for the fire pits, and we did a Yellowstone tour on snowmobiles and they even provided us a lunch to go for it! This was honestly like a fairytale experience! If you are on the fence about where to stay… I’m telling you, choose Lone Mountain Ranch! It is a MUST! I can’t wait to go back next year and experience the ranch in the summer! This place will forever be one of my favorite memories!

Room tip: Bring cash for tips!
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Rachel W
    Reviewed 11 March 2024 via mobile

This was a wonderful retreat from the real world. Service was exceptional from all perspectives. The sleigh ride dinner is an incredible step back in time. I had some dietary restrictions and the culinary staff was exceptional understanding and addressing my restrictions. We stayed in the Pine Marten cabin and it was just incredible.
    I highly recommend this place and hope to return for a summer adventure.

Date of stay: March 2024
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 4 March 2024

The cabin was better than expected. I didn't spend much time there which was by design. It was very comfortable and just what I needed. The Staff at the ranch were 5 star. I felt at home and if I needed anything they went out of their way to make sure I got it. Overall it was a great experience at LMR.

Room tip: Make sure to book your Sleigh ride dinner early. You do not want to miss out on this.
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 3 March 2024

Lone Mountain Ranch, where do we begin to express our gratitude for this experience? My husband and I are both from Florida, now currently living in Tennessee, and we have never been out West. We decided to elope, and once we discovered LMR, our hearts were set on being married there. To say that our experience was a dream would be putting it very lightly. This was the most hospitable stay with the kindest people. The accommodations were unreal. We stayed in the Aspen cabin, and every morning we woke up to what looked like a postcard. I would wake up multiple times throughout the night to check the time, as I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of our morning coffee (my favorite part about our stay) 😄 so much thought has been put into absolutely everything. We arrived to a beautiful charcuterie board and wine. We had relaxing pillow spray. The WATER- so pure I could cry. The heated floors. The hand written notes on our coffee. The friendly interactions with the locals. The horses! The campfires. THE FOOD. A special thanks to Caitlin, who helped coordinate our wedding and was so pleasant, always answering all of my questions. Our pastry chef made us a beautiful and delicious carrot cake that we finished off with our morning coffee during our honeymoon stay. WYATT, Chad, Miles, Bruce, Walter, and Danny… at Horn and Cantle, SHANNON, Mason, Jake, and Steven… can we please talk about the filet mignon?! The service was impeccable. Everyone was so personable and so full of knowledge and history. They wouldn’t let us pick up our luggage, and they helped us put on Yak tracks and catered to us every step of the way. Everyone on the ranch congratulated us the entire stay and made us feel like we were in a Hallmark movie. We can not wait to go back, and we loved our experience so much, we are planning to name our child Montana. WHAT A GIFT AND TRUE BLESSING YOU ARE, LMR. You are serving people in an unimaginable way and a way that has forever imprinted our hearts. May God bless the ranch and each and every one of you. So much love for you!!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family