Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
$809
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews the sleigh ride dinner cross country skiing lone mountain discovery package north fork nordic skiing yellowstone tour all inclusive package downhill ski winter wonderland trout montana experience winter activities bozeman airport the entire staff minute drive ski vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2024

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at LMR. The Ranch is picture perfect and the staff really go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. Pros: Cozy cabins, delicious breakfast, goats and horses to feed, Horn and Cantle meals, live music, convenient shuttle to Big Sky and miles and miles of world class XC country trails with breathtaking views of Lone Peak. Cons: The cabin you choose matters. We were able to experience 2 and the semi-detached has walls so thin we could hear everything in the adjacent room. I would only choose one of these if I was travelling with immediate family. The coffee delivery- although in theory it sounds heavenly, we are avid skiers and out of 6 mornings we only once received our coffee on time. The last morning there was no coffee delivered at all. Finally the wine selection at Horn and Cantle could be improved. There are a few reasonable bottles and some very expensive bottles but definite room to add some moderately priced wines. All in all it is a very special place and we would definitely return. Shout out to Shannon, one of the friendliest people we have met during our travels. It was lovely having you greet us at breakfast every morning and we appreciate all the information you shared, really enriched our trip!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2024 via mobile

Best place I have ever stayed in my life!! Love this place. We are avid skiers and cross country skiers. This place didn’t disappoint. I will definitely return. Cabins are spectacular. Great food and staff! Would highly recommend the sleigh ride dinner.

Room tip: Cabins are a little tight. Don’t overpack. They have beautiful laundry facilities.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathy155032
Patrick McVey, General Manager at Lone Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2024

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such kind feedback for your stay here at Lone Mountain Ranch. We do our best to provide every guest with a magical experience. We look forward to welcoming you back at the ranch in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2024

This is a truly special and authentic upscale Montana Ranch experience! We absolutely loved our visit and took advantage of all the winter activities on ranch - XC ski, snowshoe, hiking and animal fun. The sleigh ride dinner is not to be missed. Randy in the Outpost is an extremely knowledgeable naturalist and we really enjoyed his guided woods snowshoe trek. Food is amazing, staff is from all over - each one very nice. They really think of every nice touch and our cabins Douglas Fir was rugged and cozy. It's really a once in a lifetime type of trip that we hope to get to do twice!

Room tip: Don't miss the horse drawn cabin sleigh ride dinner. All tips included in prices which I had forgotten but is good to know.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such kind words about your stay. The sleigh ride diner is a very magical experience and has been a part of the experience for over 40 years now. I will certainly let Randy know that you enjoyed your time with him, it is employees like him that make the ranch such an amazing place. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 8 December 2023

What an amazing place. We stayed here after landing in San Francisco from the Uk and before our trip to Yellowstone. We wanted to experience the Montana backdrop and lifestyle and it didn't disappoint. A very tranquil, hospitable ranch with excellent accommodations and fantastic food. Delicious dining and plentiful. We did many horse riding hacks in the surrounding landscape and created an itinerary that included novel activities like axe throwing and archery which were fun. Sitting on the porch of our cabin passing time was very relaxing and the whole atmosphere was soothing. The environment really did live up to the images!
Staff are all friendly, very helpful and relaxed. We took the one day Yellowstone tour and that was an excellent introduction to the National Park. We got through a good amount and it helped orientate us for our onward trip staying in the park.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

I am very thankful that you chose Lone Mountain Ranch as your introduction to Yellowstone National Park. Without our crew the ranch would just not be the same, as they truly do care about where they work and opportunities to share what they love with our guests.

Reviewed 2 November 2023

I first booked at Lone Mountain Ranch back in 2019, but had to cancel that trip due to the pandemic. So when I rebooked for 2023, Lone Mountain was planned as a highlight of my US trip. And it didn't disappoint. From the great conversation in the car with Jack, who picked me up from Bozeman Airport, to the check-in process with Chad, who made sure I settled in nicely, the introduction to the Ranch set the tone of my whole visit.

I only had three days in Montana and tried to pack in a lot of activity but the staff couldn't do enough to help me out. The food in the Horn and Cantle Saloon was excellent ( I finally got to taste bison - not something I can do in Australia) and the bar staff know how to mix a great cocktail. I went on a gentle horse ride on my first morning, with the patient staff making sure a newbie like me felt right at home in the saddle. Then my fly fishing guide Tyler picked me up for a great afternoon on the Gallatin River. He was very skilled at doing all the hard work of where to cast and with what fly and then making me feel like the four fish I caught were all my work. Even he was impressed with the large brown trout I landed, which kind of made my day.

The next day I met Randy for a one-on-one all day Yellowstone tour. Everyone on the Ranch told me that I was lucky to get Randy as my guide, saying no one knew the Park like he did. They weren't wrong - I learned more about wolves, bears, coyotes and ravens in that day that I knew was possible. Randy made sure I saw all the main sights over the course of the day and this was a highlight of my trip to the US.

Lone Mountain gave me everything I wanted from my trip to Montana and the quality of service and friendliness of the staff was easily the best I encountered in my whole four weeks in the US. My thanks and compliments to everyone involved - I've been raving about Lone Mountain Ranch to everyone back here in Sydney ever since I got home.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Tim O

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback about your stay at Lone Mountain Ranch. I'm very glad that you had the opportunity to experience Yellowstone with Randy, he really is amazing at his job. Our wrangler crew also takes great pride in teaching our guest as much as they can to provide a safe and educational experience, and of course the horses do their best as well. I hope that we get the opportunity to serve you again down the road and look forward to meeting some of your friends that may come join us.

Safe travels and thank you again for the kind words.