Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
$506
Breakfast included
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Steven G

Disappointed

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Jun 2023
I stayed at this hotel 6/5-11/23.When I made my reservation, I was not informed of any renovation work underway and the price certainly did not reflect the dust and noise factors. The front desk staff were A+. The hotel was clean on my arrival but became progressively dusty and busy with work crews. A large part of the building was being worked on and one of 2 elevators reserved for construction crew only.
My newly done room on the 3rd floor was clean and neat with a comfortable bed. Housekeeping skipped two days for no reason. I was awakened on several successive mornings at 7:45am by the heavy equipment operating and beeping directly under my window. At the end of my stay I realized that the smoke alarms were taped over and therefore disabled. The breakfast area was very nice and beautifully attended to during the week,but was a mess and lacking on the weekend when a different employee was running it.
I have attempted to contact IHG in writing but their website complaint form is obstructive and will not recognize some of the accurate info that I entered. A phone call to Customer service was met with warm platitudes and the promise of a response, but after several weeks nothing has materialized.
Date of stay: June 2023
Room Tip: Check the smoke alarm, ask if the construction and rehab work has been completed.
Trip type: Travelled solo
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
3.0 of 5 bubblesService
Kelly Opperman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belgrade, an IHG Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 4 Jul 2023
StevengM3401CH

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Yes we are currently under construction, we do have this posted on our website, I am sorry if you missed this message. Renovating a property is very tricky for our guest and the hotel, we appreciate your feedback to attempt to immediately correct the issues stated.

Our renovation is nearly complete, and we appreciate your willingness to share your comments and concerns with us to better be able to serve our guests.

Kelly Opperman

$413
      $426
    11.3 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belgrade, an IHG Hotel
    View more hotels in Belgrade
    All reviews pizza hut bozeman airport excellent stay comfortable beds great breakfast would definitely stay here again next morning very nice hotel the breakfast area front desk staff early flight king bed great place to stay eggs shuttle hie yellowstone
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 11 June 2023 via mobile

This hotel is undergoing a remodel, and it is a mess! I would suggest not booking here unless you confirm in advance the construction is finished, otherwise it’s a rip off at the current rates.

Front parking lots, hotel entry and front desk all closed off. Hardly any signage to direct guests to the temporary entrance and check in. However, they are still charging rates you expect with a hotel that is intact and that has no issues. My rate tonight was almost $400 and I don’t think that included tax—unbelievable!

There was no mention of construction when my travel planner made the res. Also no outbound communications in advance of my checking in to set expectations re the construction.

This is a great example of a business not valuing their customers.

Date of stay: June 2023
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belgrade, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2023

Hi Flyer23289613314,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Belgrade.

We continue to push the boundaries of simplicity, friendly and responsive service when you need it. I'm sorry for the issues you experienced. I have forwarded your sentiments to our hotel management to take note of the information you provided. I also sent you a private message to extend our sincere apology.

I hope we will still see you in the future. We will do our best to fix things for you.

Best regards,

Dominador R.
    IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 31 May 2023 via mobile

Horrible. We booked a king bed with a mountain view - an option online in April - and then today we checked in online and got an alert that our king bed mountain view room was ready as expected.

Around 3pm, they changed it to two queens.

We arrived at 6:30 and it was not just two queens - but the windows were covered in construction film. When I asked the lady, Elena (?) at the counter why this happened, first she said it was a system glitch. Then she went in the back, talked to a coworker, came back and told us all the king rooms were under renovation but online ‘must not have known.’ When I brought up that the alert was sent out this morning with the right room, she switched her story to overbooking. Then said we were lucky she wasn’t billing us an extra $25 for our cat - which is listed on my wife’s IHG Platinum Rewards profile, and when she checked in, she told them we had pets - plural - and signed the correct addendum. This lady tried to turn this around and make it my wife’s fault for not declaring TWO pets - as if saying pets, plural, was somehow saying we only had our dog. At that point, I told them we only wanted to confirm that we were only being charged for a queen with a crap view. She said she had to check with management. We went to go get pizza. She called us back and said with my wife’s employer’s discount we were already getting a better than market rate, so she didn’t see the problem - but needed a new form signed to list both pets, and that she was adding the $25 charge for an extra pet to our tab. OUTRAGEOUS. She turned this from their mistake into a blame game against my wife, and charged us extra! At that point we booked the Kimpton in Bozeman, came back to Holiday Inn, and I got scanned copies of what my wife signed. Then we checked out and left. And this woman had the nerve to tell us she could have charged us $1500 for an undeclared pet - that was NOT undeclared - and that other hotels wouldn’t be so nice. News flash - we stay at IHG chains, including Holiday Inn Express, all the time and never have this issue. Instead, this employee was lazy and didn’t want to accept culpability for not a/ giving us the right room and b/ providing the paperwork her bosses required (or do they?). We have never been treated this poorly, like criminals, at a hotel from this chain. Corporate will hear about this, absolutely.

Room tip: Avoid at all costs
    Date of stay: May 2023
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    1  Thank 99evand
    IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belgrade, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2023

Hi 99evand,

Thanks for your review and staying with Holiday Inn Express and Suites Belgrade. We value your business with us. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience. I am sorry for what happened during your stay. I have shared your comments with the hotel management and sent you a private message to obtain additional details.

Again, thanks for staying with us. We value your input and would love to make it up to you.

Connie D
    IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 11 April 2023

WARNING: Management is not flexible with their cancellation policy.

During a recent trip to Montana I had two separate reservations at this hotel since it was conveniently located near the airport. Unfortunately, our late-night inbound flight was diverted to Billings and we were forced to spend the night there instead of Belgrade. When I contacted the hotel to explain our situation they refused to offer any credit or discounted rate for that night even though we are loyal customers. (We are IHG members and had a second reservation with them during that same trip.) I have never experienced such an inflexible policy and will not be returning to this hotel on my next trip to Big Sky.

Date of stay: March 2023
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belgrade, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2023

Hello Ann D,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in Belgrade, Montana. I appreciate your IHG One Rewards membership!

We're determined to make your experience pleasant, and I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered. I have shared your comments with the hotel management. These will be used as a reference for the improvement of the services offered. If you have additional questions, feel free to call the hotel at 1-406-3887100.

I hope you stay with us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
    IHG Hotels and Resorts Service

Reviewed 6 February 2023

We needed a hotel with a shuttle to Yellowstone International Airport. Holiday Inn Express had a shuttle and also provided us with Park n Fly. It was perfect as we needed a place to park our car till we got back ( no extra charge ). As for the hotel, we had a clean and comfortable room. No problems. 4:30 am the following morning our shuttle was ready to take us to the airport because we had a 6 am flight. When we returned from the trip, I called Holiday Inn Express for the shuttle and they picked us up within 10 minutes. Got to my car and the battery was dead so the shuttle driver made a contact for some one to give me a jump. Now We want to give a great big Shout Out and Thank You to our shuttle driver, Mngr. of house keeping, and the one who gave me the jump, From the time we checked in till we headed home, all of the Staff were just super. My wife and I will retun the next time we have fly from Y.I. airport. Thank You Belgrade Holiday Inn Expresss, Sharon and Doug.

Date of stay: January 2023
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 29 December 2022 via mobile

As others mentioned, our flight was canceled over Christmas 2022 when a blizzard hit Bozeman and many other states. Holiday Inn Express would not make any exception for refund which was disappointing. We did receive consideration from other vendors with non refundable charges due to the circumstances.

Date of stay: December 2022
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Belgrade, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2023

Hi RGDP784,

Thank you for leaving us feedback surrounding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express Belgrade. We appreciate you choosing us and doing business with IHG®.

We are determined to provide our guests with a pleasant time, and I am sorry for what happened during your visit. I shared your sentiments with our hotel management and sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Until your next stop in the area, we look forward to hosting you again to redeem your confidence in us. I look forward to your response.

Grace L.