Review Highlights

Reviewed 9 August 2020
LDHtraveler
Belleville, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews float trip great trails fall colors man raft whole family river woods cave canoe rebuilt
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 August 2020

We had the early morning set for our rafting adventure. It was an 8 man raft and there were 7 of us. It was so very hot. Thankfully, we had umbrellas for shade (MUCH NEEDED) but not enough water to drink. It is a minimum of 3 1/2 hours if paddling. One should have enough water for 4 bottles per person. We were too hot and dehydrated. The river is nice. There were turtles and great blue herons. I expected more birds. It is safe and a good experience for young ones.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank Rose M
Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

My son and I took his 5 year old daughter on the Meramec float trip. The process was easy with advance reservations. We got a canoe that is really just for 2 but my granddaughter sat on a seat cushion in the middle. From the caverns they give you a bus ride to Meramec State Park where you get your boat and launch. We took about 4 hours to float the 6 miles back to the caverns docking area. The river is beautiful with lots of places to stop to rest, swim, eat or what ever. You must have your boat back by 7 pm or get charged for late fee. The costs to rent are reasonable and the have a variety of different raft/boat options. We would do this again, only taking a raft rather than a canoe.

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 6 August 2020

We stayed in Park Cabins 12-13, ours was big enough for 4 people and 3 dogs, which I will tell ya don't bring dogs unless they have been walked a lot. I loved having no TV and minimal cellphone reception, it forces the teenagers and younger kids to think on their own and keep themselves busy without technology! There's enough storage in the kitchenet area to pack a week of supplies, as we cooked all our meals. The park has trails that run throughout the park from 1/2 hour to full 9 hours.

The beds are not comfortable, but after our 3rd night, we started getting used to it. Only issue we had was using their firewood. We never got a fire in the pit for smores :(

Fisher Cave is closed for rest of 2020 too. My family and I would come back again!

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed 24 June 2020

Great trails, canoeing, camping, and more! My husband came here for our 10 year wedding anniversary and we did not want to leave! Already planning a trip back with the whole family!

Date of experience: June 2020
1  Thank 586gabrielles
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

Fall colors and crisp air made the views of the woods and river bluffs magical. Great hikes short or long.

Date of experience: November 2019