Peninsula Motel(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Mana-Nui Motel(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Beachside Resort Whitianga(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$94
Priceline
Blue Marlin Apartments(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
Oceans Resort Whitianga(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
US$103
Priceline
Oceanside Motel Whitianga(Whitianga)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Anchorage Motel(Whitianga)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot water beach and cathedral coveholiday parkpowered sitenice and quiet placecooks beachstand alonelounge areamicro brewerybathroom facilitiesdorm roomenjoyed my staytwo nightsfantastic locationa great staywell equipped kitchenfish and chipsgreat brewery
Reviewed 4 June 2015

My boyfriend and I have been traveling New Zealand sleeping in our car. We booked for a none power site, on arrival there was no one at reception, though they soon came over after phoning them using the intercom attached to the building. I feel the price was reasonable, but i expected the communal facilities to be better. The kitchen was very basic with no oven, though fortunately there was another smaller kitchen in a different area of the park with an oven. The showers were very basic and again outdated which can sometimes make them unappealing, token opperated, so timed, but the token is provided in the cost on arrival. No hair dryers. The chairs in the seating area were hideous, and unfortunately made us feel we did not want to use this room, and unfortunately the fitness area/gym was closed. We spent most of our evening parked by the restaurant area as the wifi did not work where the campers are placed. We found there were a few other people also doing the same thing. Though we found the campsite a little disappointing the staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamanthaLetten
SeabreezeHolidayPark, Manager at Seabreeze Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

The points in your review have been noted, and we will look at them in detail as the winter months approach and before summer begins.

We strive to make everyone's visit a pleasant one and are pleased to see that you found a good spot to do your internet surfing surrounded by like minded campers and beside our fabulous brewery and restaurant.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate all comments as they can only add to improvements.

Marlene and Rob
Managers

Reviewed 12 April 2015

What an amazing place, we arrived with our caravan for a five night stay over the Easter period, we booked late so could not get into the known sites.
It is 25k from Whitianga 10 k to Cooks/Hahei and Hot water beach, 12k if you go to Ferry Landing and catch the ferry to Whitanga ,20 k to Coromandel via road 309, and no it is not that bad, slow, but that is the Coromandel, the hosts are really great, the camp is child friendly and not noisy.The added bonus is the designer brewery and restaurant

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann-Marie-me

Thank you for your review.
We are continually changing and updating the facilities and hope that next time you are in the area you choose to stay with us again.

Yes, the Coromandel Peninsula is a gem and we are pleased to be able to offer a place to stay to travellers so close to some of the best spots around.

We are working on the range of the wifi - although it is offered as a free amenity we still like to keep everyone happy. A great compromise to be able to make connection whilst sitting at our fabulous brewery and restaurant.

Marlene and Rob
Managers

Reviewed 2 March 2015

We (family of 5) stayed in the Kiwi Cottage which was spacious and well equipped, and could easily sleep 9 if needed. It was clean and well presented for when we arrived, and the owners were very helpful when booking and ahead of our stay. The camp site and cottages were clean and quiet and it was a pleasure to stay.

The site deserves better than the "average" I have given it. The reason I have marked it down is that there is a brewery and restaurant attached/associated with the camp site. Again the brewery was excellent, and the food was acceptable and I would not mark it lower because of the existence of the brewery, it's an asset.

The reason for the poorer rating is that the manager of the restaurant was surly and whilst perfectly pleasant he left me with the feeling that I was somehow inconveniencing him. For example I sat one evening doing some emails with a beer, and despite the fact that I had spent $300+ in the restaurant over the previous nights he made a remark about me occupying one of his tables (the restaurant was barely half full). More importantly he has a collie dog which seems quiet and well mannered. It is not, it bit me on the first evening I was there, and bit my 8 year old daughter leaving marks in her hand and arm the following day. When I took the issue up with the manager he shrugged it off with a comment about the dog showing dominance. I have owned dogs all my life and know that in a public space the last thing you want is a dog that believes it is further up the pack than any human in the house. It results in conflict and the dog will bite more people. I did not take any further action, but the dog will bite others and the owners of the camp site, restaurant, and brewery should take note.

Room Tip: The restaurant has Wifi.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank FlyBWire
Reviewed 17 January 2015

Stayed a few nights here in early January, camping in a tent and using the shared cooking facilities and bathrooms. The place was clean with a nice outdoor space to eat and shared lounge to relax in. Management went out of their way to find us a campsite in the shade and we enjoyed the close proximity to Hahei, Cathedral cove and Hot water beach, without the crowds and noise. The only minor thing was that the stove/oven did not work in one of the kitchens so we ended up using our own camping cooker - not an issue for us as we had one. We told management and they got a little defensive about it - I guess it was the peak holiday season and the facilities where probably being overworked! The brewery/restaurant was great, although if you are camping I recommend trying not to get a campsite too close. It didn't bother us, however if you had children trying to sleep it may have. Overall though, we enjoyed staying here and would recommend if you want somewhere close to the coast but not too crowded.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
SeabreezeHolidayPark, Owner at Seabreeze Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. Glad that you enjoyed your stay this long hot summer!
Kind regards,
Dawn.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

Our accommodation was great, had everything we required for our mini getaway. Our unit was self contained. It was very clean & well set out. I didnt realise just how hot it was going to be & in hindsight should have stayed somewhere that had a swimming pool.

I was so excited reading the great feedback & was looking forward to the great hospitality everyone else received, but alas not me. Where were those great hosts everyone talked about? I asked a question & basically felt fobbed off. Maybe it was the very hot day upsetting peoples mojo.
Had a walk around the grounds & used the playground. Suggest maybe some shade sails above the playground & a seat for waiting parents.
ok.... last thing.... promise..... there was a dog barking in the early evening non stop for hours, it came from direction of office or driveway, and then at 12.30am we were overjoyed to be woken to the same dog barking again but to make it worse, another dog was also joining in, sigh, this went on for quite a while, really felt sorry for people sleeping in tents.
This is not biggie stuff, our unit was great & we had a good time looking around the area. Definitely a stop over park rather than a destination park.
After all of the above, We would stay here again, just maybe not in summer.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kiwicamperaucks

Thank you for your review.
It has been a wonderful long hot summer. !
We appreciate your feedback and suggestion re improvements which we continually are working on at the park.
I do apologize for the dog barking. The dog belongs to our neighbours who were out for the evening and so the noise was beyond our control.
Thank you again, kind regards,Dawn.