All reviews holiday park hot water beach and cathedral cove the kitchen powered site hot shower nice and quiet place until midnight cooks beach stand alone lounge area restaurant attached hotwater beach dorm room bathroom facilities two nights fantastic location a great stay
Reviewed 2 March 2015

We (family of 5) stayed in the Kiwi Cottage which was spacious and well equipped, and could easily sleep 9 if needed. It was clean and well presented for when we arrived, and the owners were very helpful when booking and ahead of our stay. The camp site and cottages were clean and quiet and it was a pleasure to stay.

The site deserves better than the "average" I have given it. The reason I have marked it down is that there is a brewery and restaurant attached/associated with the camp site. Again the brewery was excellent, and the food was acceptable and I would not mark it lower because of the existence of the brewery, it's an asset.

The reason for the poorer rating is that the manager of the restaurant was surly and whilst perfectly pleasant he left me with the feeling that I was somehow inconveniencing him. For example I sat one evening doing some emails with a beer, and despite the fact that I had spent $300+ in the restaurant over the previous nights he made a remark about me occupying one of his tables (the restaurant was barely half full). More importantly he has a collie dog which seems quiet and well mannered. It is not, it bit me on the first evening I was there, and bit my 8 year old daughter leaving marks in her hand and arm the following day. When I took the issue up with the manager he shrugged it off with a comment about the dog showing dominance. I have owned dogs all my life and know that in a public space the last thing you want is a dog that believes it is further up the pack than any human in the house. It results in conflict and the dog will bite more people. I did not take any further action, but the dog will bite others and the owners of the camp site, restaurant, and brewery should take note.

Room tip: The restaurant has Wifi.
Date of stay: February 2015
2  Thank FlyBWire
Reviewed 17 January 2015

Stayed a few nights here in early January, camping in a tent and using the shared cooking facilities and bathrooms. The place was clean with a nice outdoor space to eat and shared lounge to relax in. Management went out of their way to find us a campsite in the shade and we enjoyed the close proximity to Hahei, Cathedral cove and Hot water beach, without the crowds and noise. The only minor thing was that the stove/oven did not work in one of the kitchens so we ended up using our own camping cooker - not an issue for us as we had one. We told management and they got a little defensive about it - I guess it was the peak holiday season and the facilities where probably being overworked! The brewery/restaurant was great, although if you are camping I recommend trying not to get a campsite too close. It didn't bother us, however if you had children trying to sleep it may have. Overall though, we enjoyed staying here and would recommend if you want somewhere close to the coast but not too crowded.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SeabreezeHolidayPark, Owner at Seabreeze Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. Glad that you enjoyed your stay this long hot summer!
Kind regards,
Dawn.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

Our accommodation was great, had everything we required for our mini getaway. Our unit was self contained. It was very clean & well set out. I didnt realise just how hot it was going to be & in hindsight should have stayed somewhere that had a swimming pool.

I was so excited reading the great feedback & was looking forward to the great hospitality everyone else received, but alas not me. Where were those great hosts everyone talked about? I asked a question & basically felt fobbed off. Maybe it was the very hot day upsetting peoples mojo.
Had a walk around the grounds & used the playground. Suggest maybe some shade sails above the playground & a seat for waiting parents.
ok.... last thing.... promise..... there was a dog barking in the early evening non stop for hours, it came from direction of office or driveway, and then at 12.30am we were overjoyed to be woken to the same dog barking again but to make it worse, another dog was also joining in, sigh, this went on for quite a while, really felt sorry for people sleeping in tents.
This is not biggie stuff, our unit was great & we had a good time looking around the area. Definitely a stop over park rather than a destination park.
After all of the above, We would stay here again, just maybe not in summer.

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank kiwicamperaucks

Thank you for your review.
It has been a wonderful long hot summer. !
We appreciate your feedback and suggestion re improvements which we continually are working on at the park.
I do apologize for the dog barking. The dog belongs to our neighbours who were out for the evening and so the noise was beyond our control.
Thank you again, kind regards,Dawn.

Reviewed 14 January 2015

Spent a couple of nights here while driving around in camper. Good access to Hot water beach, Hahei and Cathedral cove. Hosts were friendly. BBQ area worked well and the "hot water brewery " on site offers great local beers and decent food.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Wardymik
Reviewed 4 January 2015

The hosts, Are very welcoming and took a genuine interest in what you have been up to during the day. We spent many nights enjoying the BBQ area and when the gas ran out on one of the BBQs host quickly went to get a refill. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Relaxing lounge room, fully decked out kitchen as well as dining room, showers and toilets - what more woud you need!!!
Used a fully contained cabin for three nights which had all you could ask for, only con was bed was way to soft, and windows opened way to far, really need window stays on. Then did swap with my sister and stayed in small cabin with bunk beds and a tiny fridge, had to use camp facilities such as showers, toilets and kitchen. Even over the Xmas/ new year time it was generally clean and tidy. Could improve kids play area by having say basketball hoops, swing ball or something similar. All in all a nice stay.

Room tip: If Xmas New Years most of the grounds will be noisy. To be honest if staying in a cabin all of them are well placed
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our park. Glad you had a great time and have noted your suggestions for improvements.
Dawn .