Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
gckhd55
Albemarle, North Carolina

All good! Very nice modern motel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Jan 2019
The rooms are very nice and it does have a small laundry!
Cannot go wrong for the price! Thre is not much for food around but up the road about an housr there is plenty.

All and all a very good value!!!
Date of stay: December 2018
    $166
  • Vio.com
    $180
View more hotels in Mossburn
All reviews railway hotel across the road bike trail tom mountains shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2018

This accommodation is new, having only opened a few months ago, and particularly catering to cyclists and fishermen, hence the name. I stayed here for two nights recently. The room I had wasn't big, but was enough for what I needed. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I loved the pillows here.

There are no cooking facilities in the room, just a kettle for tea and coffee. There is also no fridge but there is a fridge in the building that can be shared with other guests.
There also wasn't a desk or table, but then, there's probably not many cyclists and fishermen who need one.

The motels are owned by the same people that have The Railway Hotel directly across the road, which is also where you check in and get your keys. You can also get a large range of evening meals there. They have quite an extensive range of meal options. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Room tip: Check-in is at The Railway Hotel across the road.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank scarz
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

The highlight is the Railway Hotel across the road. Good clean modern accommodation at Wheels & Reels. Fully met our requirements. Evening meal across the road at the Railway Hotel. Warm welcome from Tom. I think this is close to authentic New Zealand food, service & decor as you can find. All the better for it.
The Gooseberry and Rubarb shortbread was grown in ‘the mother in laws garden’, I liked that, and it tasted good.
Mossburn is a small hamlet. No other restaurant for miles. We didn’t breakfast locally as we booked the 11am boat at Milford Sound, and on day 2 the 8am boat to Doubtful Sound. Mossburn worked quite well for both journeys. I’m sure most people would want a lakeside view/location. But if you don’t particularly want to mix it with the tourists and are looking for a rural stopover I think you would like this place - we did.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hamish_MacGlen
Reviewed 22 January 2018

This accommodation has been freshly renovated, still smells the fresh paint. The Railway Hotel opposite is the point of contact, which I wished was pointed to me when I booked my room.
The room is clean, and every room has a door leading to the exterior. The walls were a bit thin because I had some loud neighbours which kept me up till past midnight.But they eventually went to sleep, leaving me to count the sheep.
Btw free WIFI, which is quite rare in this part of the world and very decent speed too.

Room tip: Access your keys through the Railway Hotel.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay very clean and tidy the best bed so comfortable and lovely meals across the road at the hotel with a great choice of food. It can get very busy at times so may pay to book ahead.

Date of stay: December 2017