“Great Place to Eat and Enjoy!”

Cantina La Ca' Nova
Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Cà Nova is a cantina belonging to the Bellero's since 1887, currently managed by Marco and set amongst the Monferrato hills, in Cella Monte. Marco's great grandparents dug the winery and the infernot -where the wine used to be stored- out of sand stone. As the heir of their tradition, Marco produces six types of wine you can taste: Barbera, Grignolino, Freisa, Cortese, Bonarda e Monferrato Rosso.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is a place that you cannot miss during your next trip to Monferrato Hills. It's just about 15/20 min by car from the city of Casale Monfferato and it really with it.
Local cuisine with excellent selection of Antipasti and main courses such as Agnolotti or Risotto with radicchio and gorgonzola cheese. The wines are (of course) all from their wine yards located near by the restaurant.
Nebbiolo or "Barone di San Pietro" is a MUST TRY!!!
The owner Marco, the Mum and his team are really exquisite persons!!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

We truly enjoyed Marco and his cellar. The information was great, the wine was great and we bought a case to bring home, great small producer

Reviewed 7 July 2015

A wine-grower and a signora (his mama, I guess) run this cantina (wine cellar). Marco (the wine-grower) lives in 4th generation on this property. We booked a wine-tasting together with our hotel ("I Castagnoni" in Rosignano Monferrato). Mama (very lovely person) served antipasti and different wines. Everything was very delicious and we felt like being at the house of our grandmother, very comfortable.

After the tasting, Marco showed us the cantina, including the ancient and the current facilities for producing wine.

I would completely recommend this trip.

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

My wife and I visited the cantina with friends. The wine and food was exquisite. Marco allowed use to taste hia different wines, my wife loved his Rosė. I would recommend the Barone San Pietro.

1  Thank Pecora_Nera1961
Reviewed 20 September 2013

If you want to try typical Piemontese food look no further. The food was wonderful and the wine was exceptional. I can't remember how many different bottles the owner opened so that I could sample his wine, but I do remember the Nebbiolo (Barone di San Pietro) was fantastic.

At the end of the evening, we took a quick tour of his Cantina and saw how he produced the wine.

5 stars.