Lowest prices for your stay
US$144
US$140
Ascend
US$134
Hotels.comUS$140
PricelineUS$140
eDreamsUS$144
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 October 2019

RESEARCH THIS PLACE BEFORE YOU BOOK IT!

Before I continue, I will say that the room was very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, and the grounds and buildings were absolutely stunning. That being said, I will likely never stay here again.

To begin, I booked this hotel because it was highly rated, located in Lee's Summit, and after visiting the hotel's site and reading reviews, I thought everything looked very nice. It was not obvious to me what this place was, and Unity really needs to do a better job at being more transparent in their room listings.

I turned into the grounds at Unity, and immediately felt like something was off. First, I missed the hotel because the sign for the hotel is right at the entrance of the grounds. I thought this was simply the welcome sign. I didn't realize that the rather small building on the right was the hotel, not the gorgeous, mammoth building to the left. As I drove around, I started noticing buildings were named things like, "Unit Security", "The Bridge of Faith", "Archives", and "Education Center". I started to think, "What is this place? Something isn't right..." There were a few weddings going on, but other than than that, I saw nobody around.

I eventually found the hotel, and parked in one of the three parking spots there (there was a lot behind the hotel that wasn't for the hotel?). I went into the hotel, and it was weirdly silent. The desk attendant was very friendly, and instructed me to park across the street. I found this odd, considering there was a lot at the back of the hotel. I moved my car and then re-entered the hotel. In the hall, I saw posters talking about "spirituality" and "unification." Immediately, I thought, "Oh my god. This is like, a weird spiritual place. What have I gotten myself into...?" If I knew what I was getting myself into, this wouldn't have been so unnerving, but the fact that it wasn't really advertised as a "spirutal" location really doesn't sit well with me. Perhaps they intend for the hotel to be separate from everything else, but I would have a hard time believing this due to the reading material in the rooms, the posters in the halls, and the atmosphere all around.

I mean... this place was strange. There was a labrynth, a large tower with a "prayer path" around it with pedestals representing one of the "12 powers", classrooms... I researched the community and it seems harmless enough, but it's not exactly something that you want to be surprised with.

In addition to the overall feeling of uneasiness, I was woken up by an alarm at 7:30 in the morning. I don't think it was the fire alarm because the alarm in my room wasn't going off. I exited my room and saw nobody in the halls and nobody outside. There was also no smoke in the halls. The alarm stopped after 15-20 minutes. I have no idea what it was, and I was honestly too afraid to ask. There was also a stabbed bible in the room drawer, which I'm sure was just the doing of a child, but it didn't help the way I was feeling.

Again, had I known what this place was, I wouldn't feel so strangely about it, and the little things that were "off" wouldn't have made me so uneasy. I just wish they had been a bit more transparent about the location. Did I have a bad time? No, not at all. In fact, I'm grateful that I got to have this strange experience. It's made for a wonderful story. And the room was really very nice (minus the spirutal/inspiratonal words on the walls). Will I stay there again? Probably not.

Room tip: Choose a room by the road. Parking lot is across the street, so this will decrease your walking distance.
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank sehock
Reviewed 17 September 2019

Very nice room. Excellent breakfast,great selection of items. Quiet room with nice bathroom.Great rates. Would advise anyone to stay here.I will again when in the area. Easy to find --in a quite area of Lees Summit,Mo.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Wes L
Reviewed 5 September 2019

This is a lovely conference center with beautiful grounds and architecturally rich buildings. The guest rooms are spacious and quite comfortable, especially the beds! Bathroom is well-appointed and generously sized. I have stayed here four times and enjoy the respite this facility provides.

Date of stay: October 2018
3  Thank revsusans
Reviewed 9 April 2019

To be honest, this would not have been my first choice of hotel to select when visiting Kansas City. On the outside, it looks a bit like a University and possibly rehab facility.

The entrance is unassuming and doesn't give me that "hotel vibe" that I long for when I pay for lodging out of town.

But...I'm very glad that we randomly got this hotel based on the Hotwire Hot Rates (where you don't know where you stay until you pay and by then, it's non-refundable).

As mentioned above, the entrance is nothing to write home about. There are no fountains and bounty of seasonal flowers to greet you. It has the appearance of a nice clinic check-in. In fact, parking is clear across the lawn and especially creepy if you're checking in late at night.

But once you walk in, it does look like a hotel...or at least a hotel mixed with a nice medical facility look. All the rooms are on one level even though they have room numbers in the 200s, 300s, and 400s (????)

What really sets this place apart, though, is the tranquility, cleanliness, staff, and facility. So again, if you're looking for a traditional hotel with a pool, hot tub, modern lobby, etc. then this is NOT it.

Unity Village feels more like a hotel with the coziness of a bed and breakfast.

The courtyard is amazing and beautiful to walk through, there's an almost 3-mile trail right outside the doors, and the fitness facility is amazing (newer equipment, not busy).

It's a perfect, quiet place just right outside of KC especially if you're looking for a retreat and/or a tranquil place to stay, Unity Village is definitely it. Don't overlook this hidden gem!

Room tip: Great if you like a quiet and tranquil place.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cam V
BrandiF152, Manager at Unity Village Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We truly appreciate you kind words.
We hope to see you back to stay with us again.
Please come in the spring to visit when we have some color on campus.
The flowers will be bloomed and the fountains in the courtyard will be up and
running by mid April.

Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

We were coming into Kansas City for one night and left the venue late so decided to stay at a place out of the city but on the way home. This place was amazing! I rarely give 5 stars but this place was deserving of it. Super affordable, very clean, and great breakfast. Close to a mall and restaurants but quiet and out of the way. Very enjoyable stay. Beds were comfortable, and bathroom was spacious (important for cheerleaders). Highly recommend

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank missouritravel5

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback!
We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again.

Thank you.