“My best find in Barbados yet!”

Review of Meadway Apartment

Living area
Living to Dining area Come dine with me!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living to Dining area
Come dine with me!
Local Beach.....Gibbs
Quaint front entrance
Welcome to the neighbourhood...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
FlyingSco...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“My best find in Barbados yet!”
Reviewed 19 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014

This beautifuly furnished 2 bedroom apartmen is ideally located for anyone visiting the west coast of the island. It is located in a lovely resedential area which is just 5 mins strolling distance from thie beach and main bus route which can take you to Speightstown in 2min and Holetown in 5min, both of which have great restaurants and the latter has excellent high-end shopping facilities with cafe/bar and cinema complex.
On arrival i was greeted into the apartment by Joan, who I must say is an natural hostess, incredibly welcoming without even hinting on overbearing or over-anything for that matter, everything 'just-right'. Within the apartment I found fresh fruit and chilled refreshments. I also found a very hand box with shower gel, shampoo, suncreen, insect repellant and the like. both air conditioning and ceiling fans are fited to the temperature of the apartment can be easily adjusted to your preferance. I kept in touch with Joan through the duration of my visit and she was able to point me in the right direction when it came to nightlife, restsurants and other aspects of life.
I really cannot reccommend this place enough, whethe it be for the solo-traveller like myself or a family of 4 or 5 this accommodation is located amongst beautiful tall grasses ontop of a small hill with great surrounding views of the island.
Thanks so much Joan for my great experience and i lookk forward to staying here again on my next visit!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything combined to make the perfect experience!
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Nov 2014
Your comments are greatly appreciated. I thoroughly enjoyed visit to my home and I look forward to see you and your family again sometime soon.
England
Reviewed 29 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
20 Nov 2014
This is great news. Thank you for your kind comments and I sincerely hope to see you again.
Shropshire
Reviewed 29 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
29 Aug 2013
Thank you Heidi, Anthony and Conner. It was my pleasure to host such a wonderful family. Please come again, you are now firmly friends not just visitors.
jeffmilso...
London
“A true Barbadian experience”
Reviewed 6 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Meadway apartment is in a tranquil part of Gibbes. It is well appointed, comfortable, clean and quiet, an absolute gem.We are a family of 4, Mum, Dad and 2 teenage daughters who need entertaining. There was an above ground pool outside and we were 5 mins walk from the beach.
From the minute we arrived to the day we left Joan (the owner) could not have been more helpful. She put us onto a local place to go diving, somewhere nearby for sailing and a wonderful little bar on the beach called Ramshackle where we could sit on the beach and watch the most amazing sunsets. One morning sat on the beach by the bar we were lucky enough to swim out and see greenback turtles, they were so close you could touch them.
Another day Joan recommended a drive to do in our hire car (which she had also organised at a great rate) to some caves and then onto Bathsheba to see the beaches.
The people in Barbados are so relaxed and friendly, life is lived at a slow gentle pace which is infectious making you feel very chilled indeed!
All in all we would highly recommend Barbados it is a little piece of magic in the Caribbean .But what really made it truely special was Joan, her hospitality and kindness was first class and the apartment was all that you would want. A delightful lady with a wonderful outlook on life. We will go to Barbados again and I know we all agreed Meadway Apartment and Joan would be the only place for us to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Joan and her lovely apartment.
Liked least: Nothing to dislike.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
6 Jan 2013
Thank you very much Mrs Milsom for the wonderful review of your stay at my property in Barbados. I welcome your whole family again in the near future as you were indeed 'easy' guests to accommodate and your love for the island and people was indeed infectious.

Please pass on any recommendations to friends and family so everyone, including yourselves, can become my regular friends and family.
Dublin;Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

26 Jan 2012
Thank you for your kind words and I would welcome both you and Hannah back anytime. Barbados misses you....the beach at least.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$1,120
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing