Lowest prices for your stay
$81
Hotels.com
All reviews robinson crusoe day trippers fire show fire walking kava ceremony crab cultural experience coconut tree climbing traditional kava meal plan outdoor shower daily activities staff were amazing star resort other resorts lovo lunch hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 December 2023

Before going, I'd heard and read about how friendly and welcoming the Fijians were, and I gotta say that Fiji, and more especifically Likuri Island Resort, exceeded my expectations!
Staff: I don't think I'd been treated so well in all my travels as I was in Likuri Island. The staff will go out of their way to make your experience in the lsland a perfect one.
At your arrival you're welcomed with a song and a cold glass of juice. Don't worry about your heavy luggage, as your stuff is carefully and safely taken straight from the boat to your room. Same goes for your departure. They'll also keep checking up on you to make sure you're having a wonderful experience there.
They're always readily available for whatever you need. As their rooms don't have minibars, I had to leave my probiotics in the bar's fridge, and had to keep going there before every meal to take them. I felt very awkward, but that didn't bother them at all, they were always happy to see me and give me my probiotics.
I unfortunately had an issue with a person that left me very uncomfortable, but that matter was dealt with IMMEDIATELY. The staff didn't hesitate for a minute before helping me. I'll forever be thankful for all of those who gave me support and made me feel safe.
Accomodation: I stayed in the beachfront bure. It's double the price of the other rooms (and it can be very pricey if you're a solo traveller) but as the days there are very hot, it's worth it, because it's the only room with air-con. It's spacious, the bed is comfy, you have your own balcony with sunbeds, and the ocean view.
Food: food is served in a buffet style for all meals. I've seen some reviews here complaining about the lack of variety, and I went there thinking I'd be eating the exact same thing every day, but I didn't. The options were pretty similar, but not the same. You might get mashed potatoes one day and rice on the other, chicken one day and beef on the other, etc. All delicious anyway, and you get to repeat!
Facilities: all clean and well organised. Didn't use the pool, but it's big. One of the highlights is the spa. Please, get yourself a massage, one of the best ones I've ever got.
The ocean water is not as blue and pristine as in Natadola beach, but it's still beautiful, and warm.
The resort is pretty quiet when there are no visitors (people who come to the island only to spend the day), it feels like you have the whole place only to yourself. No crowds, no kids running around, no loud drunk people. Perfection.
Activities: there's a big variety of non-paid activities, and I loved them all. I learned so much from them, and the staff made them very entertaining. Ex: coconut jewellery making, toffee making, how to open a coconut + kokonda (Fijian ceviche) making, games at night, etc. And of course, you don't have to participate if you don't want to.
Internet: the rooms don't have wifi, and even though you can buy it at reception, I don't think it's worth it. It's too expensive for very little access. It's better to get a sim card at the airport. A Vodafone $47 sim card will give you 175g of data for 3 weeks.

Room tip: They accept card, so cash is not really needed, but it's nice to bring some for the staff donation box. Bring sunscreen, they don't sell any
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline B
Margarita Bellchambers, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2023

Bula Caroline,

To say we are thrilled to receive such a glowing review would be an understatement. VINAKA.

We have recently introduced tours off Likuri for our house guests like horse riding on Natadola beach, diving, golf, local market guided tours and the mud pools just to name a few.

Good advice on the WIFI purchase at the airport as our signal just covers the bar area.

Please visit again one day soon.

Tropical regards.

Reviewed 20 December 2023

Utterly disappointed, from the moment we stepped into the resort. We booked for couple of nights but decided to return back to mainland after 1 night.

We found that staff were not helpful at all!!!. In the evening we went to the bar, ordered drinks and decided to order toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches as we are veg. We were told that the kitchen staff were busy with lovo preparations for the evening guests from other resorts.

There was no menu's nor any other options for us.Nothing else was suggested by the few staff we spoke to, At the bar and kitchen.

Since this was our 1st trip. We didn't know what to expect. So I had packed some home cooked food for the day....thankfully!!!

Next day I noticed the resort had more guests for the day trip and again Lovo was on the menu. We managed to order our toasted sandwiches finally.

Since there was no activities for kids and by now we were so frustrated with the service and limited food options, we decided to check out.

At the Check out the GM of the resort met us. Apologized after listening to our side of the story and mentioned that there is more options for vegetarians.

Well it was too late!! Customer experience truly reflects on the staff training and the management too.

I do not recommend this place for overnight stay at all!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ragini C
Margarita Bellchambers, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2024

Bula Raginic,

Apologies for the delay replying to your review, I was not on the island at the time and needed to investigate further.

Your experience is certainly not what we would expect any one endure and seldom if ever have we had such an appalling review of our service and lack of activities for your kids, we are a island of non stop activities from crab races, kayaking, snorkeling, to a trampoline and table tennis and much more!

Kind regards.

Reviewed 18 December 2023

Had a great time, it was great not many people, staff were very friendly, Our beach front cabin was 19 steps from the water. Plenty of food and choices . Gave us a real taste of Fiji life. The shows were fantastic and very peaceful overall. Clean sheets but could do with a fridge in unit.

Room tip: We were there just after cyclone paced so didn’t use pool but swam in the waters.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Margarita Bellchambers, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2023

Bula bula,
Sounds like we ticked all the boxes. Vinaka for letting us know you found us relaxing, peaceful and entertaining, all the wonderful experiences one needs on a holiday. We're pleased you also enjoyed the Fijian life with the traditional activities of weaving, cooking classes and the bush medicine walk just to name a few.
Fridges are on order for our Beachfront Bures.
Tropical regards from the team.

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Although not a high end resort in Fiji, It was a pure gem for our needs.
Provided everything we needed and wanted - peaceful, activities available if desired, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, wish we stayed longer.
The food was also great and plentiful.
We will definitely be back.

Room tip: Sit at the front tables before the tours arrive for the shows at lunch/dinner
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bula Mimalma,

We are thrilled you felt at home, that's exactly what we want our guests to feel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Tropical regards from your Likuri family.

Reviewed 4 December 2023

Having never been to Fiji before, I wanted to stay at a place that was a great location - as well as allowing me to see and experience the Fijian culture. I read some good reviews of Likuri Island Resort and gave it a try, I am glad I did...
To get to the resort I was picked up in Nadi by a morning bus. After a 1 1/2 hour or so ride we disembarked and then boarded a boat which took us down a river and then across a bit of open ocean to Likuri Island. We were greeted with songs from the Fijian Staff as we got off the boat and then welcomed into the resort. The wait for my room was not long and I was offered juice and coffee while I waited.
I rented one of the smaller bures, located a short walk from the reception area. To get to it, we walked across the island (which was narrow at that point), away from the main beach. However, I was pleased to find that the bure was actually located only a short distance from the shoreline on the opposite side of the island - during low tide I had my own private beach.
The bure was small but had a ceiling fan, louvered windows all the way around it, was very clean, had an electrical outlet, sufficient lighting at night for reading. The walkways were well lit at night for going back and forth after dark.
I had a small deck attached to the bure and a wooden boardwalk that went to the private washroom building, outfitted with towels, soaps, toilet, sink and an open-roofed shower. Hot water was fast arriving and plentiful.
The resort takes up the whole of a small island, at low tide one can walk right around it, there are also some interesting paths in the interior of the island if the tide is high. There are several beaches, which are all beautiful, safe and very clean. The only 'litter' I saw was a lot of palm fronds, coconuts and driftwood - we were there after a category 3 cyclone had just went through Fiji. Along with another guest, I did a lot of exploring and we found a variety of wildlife in our walks. We saw a lot of birds, a few snakes, a lot of fish and even an owl, a lot of crabs and a huge variety of beautiful shells.
Activities available include snorkelling (gear is provided), beaches, weaving, jewelry making, a nature walk with a Fijian guide, a small lending library, a Beach Spa offering massages, a visit to a local village - located a short boat ride away, a pool and a BIG ocean.
Wifi is available for those who can't do without it - for a small fee.
Food was plentiful and fresh, and well prepared. It is all served buffet style and the plates are big, going back for seconds is encouraged as well. Breakfast was usually eggs, pancakes, bread, fruit, juice and coffee or tea. Lunch was chicken and fish, fresh fruit, salads and lots of fruit. Dinner was largely prepared in a traditional Fijian lovo - or underground over. It was fish, chicken and pork, as well as vegetables a salad, bread. Often there is a kava ceremony accompanying dinner. There is an all day coffee and tea setup, as well as a bar that serves soft drinks as well as a variety of alcoholic drinks and beer.
Finally - one of the main reasons I chose Likuri Island Resort was that I had readthat the nightly show was supposed to be exceptional - I was not disappointed. In fact, I am rarely impressed - and this show really did impress me! If you are going to see only one Fijian show - this one is not to be missed... male and female dancers, knife dancing, fire dancing, And an amazing finale which takes place after all guests are invited to come down to the beach. I won't say any more as I don't want to spoil it for you!
To clarify things - the resort is Likuri Island Resort. The company which brings people in to attend the day/night show and activities is Robinson Crusoe Island tours. These people come in for some activities, a meal and a day trip. I recommend staying there for several days. It is a little busier when the tour group comes in, but not a whole lot.
I was impressed to learn that most of the performers in the impressive shows also do double duty by working in various jobs around the resort during the day. Julian, who was one of the main performers in the show also was a guide on the nature walk and did a few other jobs around the place. All of the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, they did all they could to make our time there enjoyable and fun. Navi, who always seemed to be at the front desk, always had an answer for any question and the general manager, Margarita (who has lived in Fiji for many years) had lots of knowledge and information about Likuri's history and about all of Fiji.
I do plan on going back to Fiji and I will include another stay at Likuri Island. This year I was on the island for 3 days and I would certainly book five for the future stay. I recommend it for anyone who wants to experience Fiji!

Room tip: Stay at least 3 days.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank franchuk21

Bula Franchuk21,
Wow, what a review!! You have captured the essence of Likuri beautifully and we are most grateful you took the time to let us know.
We would be delighted to see you back with us for a longer stay next time.
Vinaka vakalevu from your Likuri family.