Lowest prices for your stay
$124
Ragini C

Appalling Experience

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Dec 2023
Utterly disappointed, from the moment we stepped into the resort. We booked for couple of nights but decided to return back to mainland after 1 night.

We found that staff were not helpful at all!!!. In the evening we went to the bar, ordered drinks and decided to order toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches as we are veg. We were told that the kitchen staff were busy with lovo preparations for the evening guests from other resorts.

There was no menu's nor any other options for us.Nothing else was suggested by the few staff we spoke to, At the bar and kitchen.

Since this was our 1st trip. We didn't know what to expect. So I had packed some home cooked food for the day....thankfully!!!

Next day I noticed the resort had more guests for the day trip and again Lovo was on the menu. We managed to order our toasted sandwiches finally.

Since there was no activities for kids and by now we were so frustrated with the service and limited food options, we decided to check out.

At the Check out the GM of the resort met us. Apologized after listening to our side of the story and mentioned that there is more options for vegetarians.

Well it was too late!! Customer experience truly reflects on the staff training and the management too.

I do not recommend this place for overnight stay at all!!
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
1.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 4 Feb 2024
Bula Raginic,

Apologies for the delay replying to your review, I was not on the island at the time and needed to investigate further.

Your experience is certainly not what we would expect any one endure and seldom if ever have we had such an appalling review of our service and lack of activities for your kids, we are a island of non stop activities from crab races, kayaking, snorkeling, to a trampoline and table tennis and much more!

Kind regards.
    $148
    $96
17.7 km from Likuri Island Resort Fiji
Pool
Kids & Adults Swimming Pool with Water slide.
$179
27.6 km from Likuri Island Resort Fiji
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Likuri Island
All reviews robinson crusoe day trippers fire show fire walking kava ceremony crab cultural experience coconut tree climbing traditional kava meal plan outdoor shower daily activities staff were amazing star resort other resorts lovo lunch hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 December 2023

Had a great time, it was great not many people, staff were very friendly, Our beach front cabin was 19 steps from the water. Plenty of food and choices . Gave us a real taste of Fiji life. The shows were fantastic and very peaceful overall. Clean sheets but could do with a fridge in unit.

Room tip: We were there just after cyclone paced so didn’t use pool but swam in the waters.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Margarita Bellchambers, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2023

Bula bula,
Sounds like we ticked all the boxes. Vinaka for letting us know you found us relaxing, peaceful and entertaining, all the wonderful experiences one needs on a holiday. We're pleased you also enjoyed the Fijian life with the traditional activities of weaving, cooking classes and the bush medicine walk just to name a few.
Fridges are on order for our Beachfront Bures.
Tropical regards from the team.

Reviewed 15 December 2023

Although not a high end resort in Fiji, It was a pure gem for our needs.
Provided everything we needed and wanted - peaceful, activities available if desired, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, wish we stayed longer.
The food was also great and plentiful.
We will definitely be back.

Room tip: Sit at the front tables before the tours arrive for the shows at lunch/dinner
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bula Mimalma,

We are thrilled you felt at home, that's exactly what we want our guests to feel.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay.

Tropical regards from your Likuri family.

Reviewed 4 December 2023

Having never been to Fiji before, I wanted to stay at a place that was a great location - as well as allowing me to see and experience the Fijian culture. I read some good reviews of Likuri Island Resort and gave it a try, I am glad I did...
To get to the resort I was picked up in Nadi by a morning bus. After a 1 1/2 hour or so ride we disembarked and then boarded a boat which took us down a river and then across a bit of open ocean to Likuri Island. We were greeted with songs from the Fijian Staff as we got off the boat and then welcomed into the resort. The wait for my room was not long and I was offered juice and coffee while I waited.
I rented one of the smaller bures, located a short walk from the reception area. To get to it, we walked across the island (which was narrow at that point), away from the main beach. However, I was pleased to find that the bure was actually located only a short distance from the shoreline on the opposite side of the island - during low tide I had my own private beach.
The bure was small but had a ceiling fan, louvered windows all the way around it, was very clean, had an electrical outlet, sufficient lighting at night for reading. The walkways were well lit at night for going back and forth after dark.
I had a small deck attached to the bure and a wooden boardwalk that went to the private washroom building, outfitted with towels, soaps, toilet, sink and an open-roofed shower. Hot water was fast arriving and plentiful.
The resort takes up the whole of a small island, at low tide one can walk right around it, there are also some interesting paths in the interior of the island if the tide is high. There are several beaches, which are all beautiful, safe and very clean. The only 'litter' I saw was a lot of palm fronds, coconuts and driftwood - we were there after a category 3 cyclone had just went through Fiji. Along with another guest, I did a lot of exploring and we found a variety of wildlife in our walks. We saw a lot of birds, a few snakes, a lot of fish and even an owl, a lot of crabs and a huge variety of beautiful shells.
Activities available include snorkelling (gear is provided), beaches, weaving, jewelry making, a nature walk with a Fijian guide, a small lending library, a Beach Spa offering massages, a visit to a local village - located a short boat ride away, a pool and a BIG ocean.
Wifi is available for those who can't do without it - for a small fee.
Food was plentiful and fresh, and well prepared. It is all served buffet style and the plates are big, going back for seconds is encouraged as well. Breakfast was usually eggs, pancakes, bread, fruit, juice and coffee or tea. Lunch was chicken and fish, fresh fruit, salads and lots of fruit. Dinner was largely prepared in a traditional Fijian lovo - or underground over. It was fish, chicken and pork, as well as vegetables a salad, bread. Often there is a kava ceremony accompanying dinner. There is an all day coffee and tea setup, as well as a bar that serves soft drinks as well as a variety of alcoholic drinks and beer.
Finally - one of the main reasons I chose Likuri Island Resort was that I had readthat the nightly show was supposed to be exceptional - I was not disappointed. In fact, I am rarely impressed - and this show really did impress me! If you are going to see only one Fijian show - this one is not to be missed... male and female dancers, knife dancing, fire dancing, And an amazing finale which takes place after all guests are invited to come down to the beach. I won't say any more as I don't want to spoil it for you!
To clarify things - the resort is Likuri Island Resort. The company which brings people in to attend the day/night show and activities is Robinson Crusoe Island tours. These people come in for some activities, a meal and a day trip. I recommend staying there for several days. It is a little busier when the tour group comes in, but not a whole lot.
I was impressed to learn that most of the performers in the impressive shows also do double duty by working in various jobs around the resort during the day. Julian, who was one of the main performers in the show also was a guide on the nature walk and did a few other jobs around the place. All of the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable, they did all they could to make our time there enjoyable and fun. Navi, who always seemed to be at the front desk, always had an answer for any question and the general manager, Margarita (who has lived in Fiji for many years) had lots of knowledge and information about Likuri's history and about all of Fiji.
I do plan on going back to Fiji and I will include another stay at Likuri Island. This year I was on the island for 3 days and I would certainly book five for the future stay. I recommend it for anyone who wants to experience Fiji!

Room tip: Stay at least 3 days.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank franchuk21

Bula Franchuk21,
Wow, what a review!! You have captured the essence of Likuri beautifully and we are most grateful you took the time to let us know.
We would be delighted to see you back with us for a longer stay next time.
Vinaka vakalevu from your Likuri family.

Reviewed 25 November 2023

My stay was very enjoyable thanks to the warm-hearted manager Margret, the wonderful staff, the loving cat and the two cheerful German vacationers. I loved that they played Welcome music and offer welcome drinks on arrival. The employees are very friendly, helpful, warm-hearted, funny and talented. They put on a great show with a lot of entertainment. The food was delicious and they offer daily activities. I also had the island practically to myself for two days because some people left the Island because of the cyclone. It was an experience but i had a good time. Unfortunately you have to pay for WIFI and there is a time limit but if you want to take a break and relax even without internet then the island is the right place :). The Water is clear and the island has beautiful nature. The accommodation was pleasant for me with a nice outdoor shower. I can only recommend the island and gain your own experience there, but the most spectacular and meaningful thing for me were the people who worked there and Margret who are like a mother for me. She also took care of me and treated me like i'm her own child. I will never forget the wonderful Margret. Every single one of them has a gorgeous smile and I hold them very close to my heart and look forward to seeing them again sometime. Thank you again for the wonderful time Likuri Island Resort Team.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Bula xyliaj,
Thank you for your very kind words and review.
We certainly shared a memory of a lifetime! Tuesday the cat misses you too.
Please make the time to come back again one day, your island family will be waiting.
Tropical regards x

Reviewed 25 November 2023

Loved our 4 night stay at Likuri, our little boy hasn’t stopped talking about it!
We stayed in a two storey villa, and we never wore shoes the whole time we were there haha! So relaxing, we loved the hammocks, and the way it felt like a private island during the day.
If you stay over, there are day tour and night tour visitors that come each day, but you’ll have the island virtually to yourself for the mornings and some evenings.
When the day tours come, you’ll see high energy fire shows and eat yummy lomo.
Felt totally safe for our son, he’s 3, and lazing in a hammock for a few days was just what we needed to decompress.
Thanks Likuri Island for a terrific stay!

Room tip: Choose your room carefully if air con is important to you. We enjoyed the island breezes!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Bula bula,
Vinaka for choosing to bring your family to experience Likuri and your review.
We really are a kids paradise, especially with the newly opened Kasikasi Kids Club and trampoline.
A hammock, book and a cocktail the perfect holiday combination!
We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Tropical regards from your Likuri family.