5 people are viewing this hotel
$86
Agoda.com
$69
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews robinson crusoe day trippers fire show fire walking kava ceremony crab cultural experience coconut tree climbing traditional kava meal plan outdoor shower daily activities staff were amazing star resort other resorts lovo lunch hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2019

We booked the dinner and show only. We got picked up from our hotel (on Fiji time!) and were taken to the boats that would take us to the island. They were small boats and very full, however everyone had a great time with a drink from the 'mini bar' esky. We arrived as the sun was going down, beautiful views! Show was fantastic, you could see they were having fun as they twirled their fire sticks and danced. The traditional Lovo dinner was also fantastic and plentiful, the bar was nice and cheap compared to the hotels. We purchased a few extra bottles of wine to take back with us. We could have easily spent the day on the island also. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2019
V6946TOgm, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

Bula Claires615,

Vinaka for your lovely review and good on you for taking advantage of our great bar prices.

For those who might not know, the small boats seat up 60 people and are river boats, the journey to the island is by the stunning Tuva River just 35 min to the river mouth where the island sits majestically just 5 min off shore. No ocean going for those who hesitate to go out to sea.

Oh yes our sunsets are amazing, doing down over the island on arrival.

After 21 years of perfecting the show and three nights a week our Legends of the Pacific is now a 'not to be missed' thing to do in Fiji.

Maybe next time you could do our Combo Cruise - Day Tour and Night Combined, the day tour starts at the village half way down the river where your greeted by the warriors and shown a humbling experience followed by watching the warriors pulling up the mud crab pots for the master chef demonstration and tasting of coconut crab curry. Delish..

The Cultural Day Cruise is also a fantastic day with lunch and mini show departing at 4 pm getting you back to your resort in time for a sunset cocktail.

Vinaka for the 5* we really do appreciate the effort.

Reviewed 6 September 2019

Had a terrific day/night here. Short cruise through the mangrove lined river, stopped off at a small village which was good to see how ordinary Fijians live. Caught mud crabs. Then onto the island. Lunch there was very good with enough variety. Wandered around, relaxed in the sun etc. Then dinner and show time. Brilliant show.
Big thanks to the Rosie Tours Lady at the Sofitel for putting us on to this. Long day, started with pick up at 0815, got back at 11pm. So be prepared!

Date of stay: September 2019
V6946TOgm, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2019

Bula robinsonstraining.

Vinaka for your review on your terrific experience attending our Combo Cruise.

Yes, its a long day depending on where you are coming from, but hey you're on holidays and it really is a once in a life time experience, which I'm sure you would agree!!

The beach front bures will be ready in November, we do hope you will consider staying with us next time.

Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

I have not visited this property so cannot comment on the resort / staff / amenities which might be fabulous however wanted to warn those booking through sites such as WEBJET that they do not mention the resort food fee of 168 dollars per couple per day. For a family of four that’s 2300 Fiji dollars for lunch and dinner for a week without drinks. This is a huge amount of money to some and should be transparently shown so people can make decisions accordingly.

3  Thank Sclax

Bula Sclax,

Its a shame you decided against staying with us and experience what most consider a wonderful Fijian stay.

The compulsory meal plan is just Adult $84 FJD dollars a day and $50 FJD per child for buffet lunch and dinners, converted is quite reasonable with the exchange.

Most All Inclusive resorts build the meals into the rate where we would prefer to keep our accommodation rates and meals separate and transparent. Our website covers all the information on meals, transfers and any other costs.

Tropical regards.

Reviewed 3 September 2019

BULA!!!

GENERAL:
For my first stay in Fiji, I chose to remain on Robinson Crusoe Island Resort for one week. Communication prior to my stay was easy through Expedia chat. I made arrangements for my off-hour transport from Nadi Airport to the island without an issue - it just costs a bit more for a private taxi vs a group shuttle. Guests get picked up at the airport and then may have to wait a bit at the dock for the boat to arrive from the island. No worries though because that is when I got to meet and catch with Mooji, Abu, and B! Remember - island time - Fiji time. The party starts on the boat if you wish with assorted beverages while Captain Cam navigates the river. Sit back and take in the peaceful ride up river until you reach the island. Upon arrival, all of the staff on the island are lined up to sing us in! What a nice way to arrive! From here, a quick check in process with the lovely Wati or Leylani and I was off to my bure. My bure was the first on the left behind the office area. I'm thinking that a light sleeper may want to choose another bure because of "foot traffic" in the AM/in the evening; this was not a concern for me, but it's worth mentioning for those who are considering a stay here. At this point, put your shoes away because you won't need them for your entire stay. LOVED IT.

ACCOMMODATION:
The bures are adorable. Simple + comfortable. Chairs out front for your relaxation, your own bathroom steps from your bure door with hot water + towels + coconut body wash + shampoo. Plenty of shade and/or privacy with the plantation shades (screens are on windows) and there is a ceiling fan. Electric water kettle + assortment of teas + dried coffee & creamer are in the room as well. Friday, the cat, took to lounging outside of my bure. He was a welcomed buddy and I appreciated his company!

I did use the group restroom once across from my bure; it was nice & clean. So those who come for a day trip or who stay in a dorm should have no worries there.

STAFF:
Margarita and the staff were fantastic. Everyone does a bit of everything. Cleaning + dancing + serving + singing ... you name it and they do it! Everyone was kind and accommodating and called me by name. I was determined to do the same by the time I left....there are so many people who work on the island - it was a tall order!

Margarita was the ultimate hostess. Since I was a solo traveler, she took the time to introduce me to the other guests as well as the staff. I certainly felt like family by the time I checked out. The other guests during my stay were awesome too which made my stay all the more unique.

ACTIVITIES:
Day/night trip groups come and go and resort guests have the island to themselves in between. I enjoyed the people coming and going as well as the shows, but also appreciated the quiet time when the groups were not there. The energy was amazing with a large group on island so there is something to be said for a group!

I was a bit of a beach bum during my stay, but I did manage to go to the village tour. For just a few dollars of a donation, I highly recommend taking the time to go. I headed out in the AM by boat and waited at the dock for a day trip group to hop on. Then, we were off to the village. It was great to see a traditional village, the elders/chief, a traditional kava ceremony, as well as to learn about the daily lives of the people who live there.

Swimming on island was nice - low tide or high tide - all good. Smooth sand and calm waves due to the reef. The island sits behind the reef and at the mouth of the river. Although the water was not turquoise, it was clear, warm, and easy to swim in.

I did take a kayak out a few times; it was great to have those available for guests. The equipment is a bit tired - but it functions. I cannot speak to the snorkeling or other activities (nature walk, etc.) as I was busy collecting shells, reading, and snoozing on the beach.

The nighttime fire show is by far the best. ** Don't go to the bathroom before the finale! You'll miss the best part by the water!!! **

FOOD/BEVERAGES:
Fish and salad/coleslaw is a regular occurrence at mealtime which was great for me (low carb Pescatarian). Meat was served occasionally as well. Staples in the AM were rice, beans, corn bread/crepe, and fruit. Guests are welcomed to request other items for an additional fee. I had eggs every AM and that was perfect for me. Traditional sides were lovely to try at mealtime: eggplant + coconut, varies coconut based sauces + locally grown veggies. Get in line early on busier nights so you can get the best of the sides!

Ace & Malika will keep you well hydrated at the bar. Guests are welcomed to run a tab and pay at the end of the stay. I signed a slip after each beverage and I just kept track on my phone so I wasn't surprised at check-out. Bottles of sparkling wine, etc. are available too - perfect for celebrating departures, arrivals, last days, lazy mornings. . . . .

WIFI:
Ahhh island wifi. Guests should remember that one is on an island and that it is a good time to disconnect. Guests can pay for wifi in various increments however service is weak/spotty. It works well enough to send a text home and let loved ones know you have decided to stay haha.

GUESTS:
I met awesome guests during my stay. We continue to keep in touch. There were some families who came for day trips and who checked in towards the end of my stay. There space for everyone. For families, RC Island offers a worry-free zone for swimming, safety, etc. For couples + solo travelers, RC Island offers plenty of space to lay on a hammock or beach blanket. Would I want to be in a bure next to a family with young children? Certainly not. Fortunately, I did not have to worry about that for my stay!

CHECK OUT:
Guests have the option to leave at 9am or 4pm. Initially, I thought I'd leave at 4pm but after making my onward travel plans, I needed to get off RC Island earlier. I left the island on the 9am boat and spent one night on the mainland in preparation for my early AM flight the following day. Guests should think about onward travel; you'll need to be off RC Island the day prior in order to make a flight unless it is an evening flight. Remember - Fiji time.

Guests can choose to pay with cash or credit upon check out or a combo like I did. I paid for a meal plan, transport, my bar bill, my additional food items, and my tour all at once upon check out. Very easy.

I'm sure I've left details out!

All in all, a great stay. I highly recommend staying on RC Island if one is looking for a relaxed, easy stay in Fiji.

Safe travels. Bula.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank WanderingDragonfly
V6946TOgm, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Bula WonderingDragonfly

Vinaka for your wonderful informative and warm review and remembering the amazing staff who helped make your stay a great experience.

I can honestly say you didn't miss mentioning at thing.

It was great meeting you and were sadly missed after you left, especially with the colorful guests who happened to be here with you.

We do hope you return to us one day, we look forward to showing off our ten new beach front bures and will upgrade you as our VIP returnee guest.

The team send their warmest regards.

Moce sota tale

Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

Cute little island lodge, comfy beds, hot slightly saline showers, nice setting, pretty beach, lots of activities and a show where the staff gives their all, dancing their hearts out for you. Great shows included in the cost of the stay. Also, the river boat ride in was actually a highlight, very nice.
Some of the staff were absolutely amazing. Solo was incredible, especially to our 4 yr old boy who adored him and chased him everywhere. A few of the staff members were top quality. I’m sorry to say though, the reception desk women staff were not so friendly, not warm at all. I always had the feeling like I’ve intruded into their house and was bothering them. I kept wondering what I did wrong, I was never rude although I did ask questions or asked about things like laundry... tourist type clarifications, used pleases and thank yous. But it seems like they didn’t like anyone and their smiles were forced or even passively hostile. This may be a female cultural thing in Fiji, as I did notice it in a few places and in Samoa too. The men are much more smiling and outgoing, that may just be the way. But it is tourism and kindness and warmth are expected.
The food was also not super creative, very basic and cafeteria-like. It was ok, but seems like it was costly for what you got. And it runs out, so get there first. The kitchen cooking staff were friendly and smiley.
Lovely hammocks to rest in everywhere. Nice sand. Don’t go there for snorkeling as there is nothing to note. The massage was very nice and very inexpensive, worth trying.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank ilikebeaches
V6946TOgm, General Manager at Likuri Island Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2019

Bula ilikebeaches,

Vinaka for your feed back and review.
I'm pleased to hear your accommodation was cute, comfy and water hot, just to let you know we do make our own water and very occasionally the saline levels rise slightly just before filters are changed over. I agree the river cruise is a delight, my amazon of Fiji.
Sorry to hear the office staff were not tending to you in a manner to be expected. We do have three new staff who were probably very anxious learning their new roles and quite possibly were not yet confident to give you the information you needed, I do agree a smile could of helped the situation.
As you mentioned the rest of the staff are amazing and love kids so much that parents get a nice break.
The meals at a very reasonable $84 FJD for brekky, lunch and dinner and served buffet style. Lunch consists of BBQ Chicken and Fish, a selections of salads, fruits and home made bread. Cultural Day cruise days are a different choice of salads to compliment the coconut cream to go with the lovo fish. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday nights are our western nights except Sunday, our famous curry night. Some dishes may run low but we never run out of food altogether.
We have not only hammocks but beach beds as well with traditional bure umbrellas for extra shade. Snorkeling can be hit and miss if the weather has been unsettled, most days we see turtles, reef sharks and eels along with colorful reef fish.
Oh yes the relaxing massage definitely worth trying while on holidays, every time.
It was lovely watching your little boy running around and having such a fun time with our team.