“Friendly and tasty”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Savannah or waitstaff was warm an welcoming with a fresh face, designer fore-arm art work, and a nice smile. The place is clean and fairly large and could support some large groups. Meal selection great and large also is the MHB sauces. I had the Ory's Saucy Sandwich (pulled pork and slaw) choice of side - baked beans and comes with pickle, pepperoni, chips (Only disappointed with the chips - they were like bagged chips - not house made). Cuba, MO : this is worth the trip. Amaranthly they will be on some restaurant show this May 5th. Kudos

Reviewed 26 April 2018

This bbq lived up to it’s reputation! Excellent pork, fixins, nice serving, fair prices and very good and fast service. The sauce they offer are all excellent. Don’t leave without trying the berry cobbler!!! Take the ride off the interstate for this one. You will not be sorry!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped as we were in the area. Saw this place once on the Food Network channel so thought we would give it a try.
Very clean place. Lotsa cool decor.
We both ordered 1/2 slab of ribs. Meat was delicious. Several sauces to choose from. I particularly loved the sweet & Smokey. I actually bought a bottle to bring home. Sides were really nothing super special but ok. I ordered corn on cob but got can corn. Never said anything just ate it. Mac & cheese is good just not real special. I would say their smoked meats are their biggest special. Sides are good just nothing special. We live an hour away so we wouldn’t drive there unless we happened to be passing thru. It was worth the ribs though. Restroom was clean.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Big crowd, so we had to wait maybe ten minutes. Not bad, and staff was seating customers quickly. We had brisket and chicken, both just average. I'm very picky about BBQ, but we would eat there again if we were in the area, but I can't say that it was anything amazing. Staff was very good, our waitress was great. Definitely try it if you're in the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We had been traveling for awhile and we were very hungry. Had seen several signs for this and had our heart set for it. When we arrived it was very busy after a short wait we were seated upstairs our food arrived pretty quick and was really good but I noticed the waitress was jumping and running down the stairs for faster service. Pretty impressive

Been to Missouri Hick Barbeque? Share your experiences!