“Wonderful Museum”
Review of Titanic Museum

Titanic Museum
Ranked #20 of 127 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone knows the name Titanic! Everyone knows Titanic struck an iceberg! And everyone knows Titanic was lost! She sat at the bottom of the ocean for 75 years before they found her in 1985. A second expedition to the wreck site went out in 1986 and that expedition was co-led by the owner of this museum. The artifacts you see throughout the ship are REAL and valued at over $4 million dollars. You'll be able to touch a growing iceberg, experience the 28 degree water, try and steer the ship and pay tribute to the 2,208 passengers and crew that were on the Titanic. You will enter as a guest and leave as a Titanic Passenger!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

This venue was spectacular. The only thing I didn’t care for was the inability to take photos. Understanibly the items are protected, however, photos would’ve been nice to remember the event.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,905)
All reviews
in 1,040 reviews
"ship"
in 1,108 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I had some time to kill before catching up with some friends, so I decided to check out the Titanic exhibit. Just to be clear, I’m not a history buff so a lot of what the exhibit offers was lost on me. For example, there was a lot of detailed explanations and the complimentary audio handset was too much for me. I did, however, enjoy looking at the stuff and getting a sense of how people lived on each level.

So if you’re really into the Titanic and it’s history then this is a “must go”. But if you’re merely curious then cost might be a consideration. Also, you’re not allowed to take any photos on the inside of the exhibit. They say it’s because of copyright and ownership issues of the items on display so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Hubby and I were celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary and decided to stop in Branson and see the Titanic Museum. We both love history and I'm a sucker for the movie. I was a little skeptical about the prices but in the end it ended up being worth every penny. We decided to do the 9:00 A.M. tour since we had our 9 month old with us and I think in total there were about 15 other people with us. It was a very nice quiet time to go. It is a "go at your own pace" kind of tour, which is also nice. They have 'Crew' members stationed all over and they are incredibly knowledgeable about everything in the museum. There are a lot of hands on activities to keep kiddos entertained as well as the adults. I think in total we spent about 3 hours just going through and reading and seeing all that the museum had to offer. At the beginning of the tour you are also handed a card with the name of a person who was actually on the Titanic, my 9 month old even got one, and at the end you find out if your person survived the sinking or not. You can also find your persons name, picture and history throughout the museum if you are lucky. Definitely plan on taking your time and not rushing through. There is so much to look and see and listen to. We are very excited to go back and see the new exhibits next year.
I will add that as other reviews have stated, no pictures are allowed of the museum. Some of the families have requested that no photos of their donated items be taken for copyright sake and it is something to be aware of. And there is signage that states so before entering. Enjoy the history and the moments in person,instead of through a phone screen.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Very informative. Each guest receives a card at the beginning of the tour which is the story of a real passenger of the titanic. At the end, you find out if you survived and if so, what your life was like after. You can feel the temperature of the water and the iceberg. You can also climb the deck at the different degrees in which the ship was sinking.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I'm a huge fan of anything about the Titanic. My great-great grandmother was supposed to sail on her, but missed the ship. If she would have boarded my whole family's history would be different and I might not even exist! This is a nice museum and not really meant to be "fun"! The Titanic is a sad story and if you're looking for fun and laughs there are many other things to do in Branson. The passenger I got lived, but my boyfriend got Captain Smith's card so of course we knew he perished right away. Very informative and even tho I know a great deal about the Titanic, I still learned a couple new facts! 4 stars because no pictures were allowed inside which was a real bummer.

Been to Titanic Museum? Share your experiences!