Review Highlights
Branson/Lake Taneycomo #1 Fishing Guide

First, I have had the fortunate opportunity to fish with numerous fishing guides in the continental... read more

Reviewed 26 May 2021
Pynapl7
Lake County, Illinois
Great first day fly fishing

John did a great job teaching my son and I--our first experience with a fly rod. We had a terrific... read more

Reviewed 23 May 2021
notagoodfisher

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from US$31.00
from US$10.78
from US$95.50
from US$22.03
More Info
All reviews catch fish john sappington trout lake taneycomo fly rod hour trip great sense of humor catch and release great trip bald eagles great teacher a lot of fun fished boat techniques blast beginners
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2016

John took my spouse and I out and caught our limit of trout in no time. Although we have fished Taneycomo for years our experience with him as a guide was more than helpful. John is very knowledgeable and a true professional ! We would definitely recommend John for your fishing guide!

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

My boys, wife and I had a wonderful time with John Sappington. He is laid back and was great with the boys. We caught a few to take home and eat. The rest of the time we fished the trophy section on the river. Everyone in the group caught an impressive rainbow and my wife caught a beautiful brown pictured in this post. We will be back!! Make sure to talk to John to set your date and time. He is and will be in demand with the experience he gives.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

My wife and I had an amazing experience on our fishing trip with John. John is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. He choice of locations was outstanding and kept both my wife and I busy catching a ton of trout. We loved every minute of it and look forward to booking another trip with him soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

My son and I had the best time with John. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a great manner with his clients. My son had no experience and John worked with him to help him catch a lot of trout. Highly recommended John and we will be back!

Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Today we experienced the most amazing fishing trip with John! We caught a countless number of fish! Our kids loved every minute of our time on the boat. John is a fantastic guide, he had so many patients with the kids and had us all laughing with his humor! You don't want to miss a chance to fish with John while you're in the Branson area! It's simply awesome!!!