“Great Food, Great Vibe!”
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina Laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 397 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Description: Modern Mexican food made from scratch including hand squeezed lime margaritas, fresh fish, steaks, table side guacamole and much more.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I recently visited for the first time and was able to sit outside in the covered patio area. It was a beautiful day, and the with the sound of the fountain nearby and the great food - it was a very relaxing experience! I wasn't a fan of the salsa, so I ordered some queso to start things off right. For my entree, I chose the Barbacoa Tacos (slow-roasted, pulled Certified Angus Beef, cilantro, charred corn, marinated red onion, roasted tomatillo sauce and monterey jack). The tacos where AMAZING - everything was fresh, with balanced ingredients and well prepared. The service was solid and it was an overall enjoyable experience. Highly recommend!

Michael R, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy you had your first visit and we look forward to your next.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

The menu offers a broad selection. I ordered the guacamole and grilled shrimp salad to go. The portions were good sized and the food was well prepared and fresh. I was also supplied with salsa, a huge bag of tortilla chips and plenty of salad dressing. The service was very friendly and fast.

Michael R, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I went with my daughter for lunch.....the food was not very good but the service was terrible. I mean if you need to ask for everything and remind them several times just for a refill of tea.... it would be different if they were busy but there was just 3 tables of customers and several waiters...... I had to give my check to another waiter so I could leave and go back to work..... improve your service and your food or you will go out of business.

Michael R, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Very sorry to hear about your experience. We will use your comments in our upcoming shift meetings to help coach the staff. There should be no need to ask for anything. We train our servers to anticipate needs and this clearly did not happen. Please let me know what you ordered and how we could improve upon that dish. Thank you for your help.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere...surroundings...valet parking! A pleasant surprise found in this upscale place!
We had a variety of entrees from tuna tacos to fajitas! Guacamole was delicious! Dessert was a hit with hot apple pie covered in ice cream and caramel sauce!

Will definitely be returning!

Michael R, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Shout Out to on-shift Manager Thomas for coming to our table and reassuring me I wasn't wrong.
I've been a customer of Cantina Laredo since 2006. First location was San Destin, FL. A move to Hattiesburg, MS made that location unrealistic. Recently found out via a TV commercial that a new location was open in Jackson, MS.
Decided to make the trip as a work related trip.
Menu INGREDIENTS have changed since my last visit in April of 2017.
Server had no idea so I didn't either. Upon request, the manager came to my table and explained the changes. Other staff were no where near as accommodating as my experiences at other locations. I know Monday's are not a server's first choice but my expectations as a guest remain the same.
Better training needed.

Michael R, General Manager at Cantina Laredo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you for visiting us. We hope you are able to visit again soon.
Our staff has been versed in the changes we made at the beginning of the month. I will speak with Thomas to find out the staff that needs to be coached from last night.

Been to Cantina Laredo? Share your experiences!