“Best little wood fired Pizza”
Review of Amico Cafe

Amico Cafe
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Balcatta
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Real little Woodfired Pizza gem just 10 minutes from Perth.

Authentic Italian in an old traditional market garden area of Stirling !

Plenty of parking and simple and delicious pizza and gelato

New York style Pepperoni and all the gourmet Italian Pizza you can imagine.

Smokey fresh dough and Italian tomato pizza sauce it's simple but so yummy,

We go at least once a month and reminds you what real pizza is not dripping with oil and sugar and salt but simple and delicious ❤️❤️❤️

If you are in Perth take a drive North and grab what the local Italians eat ✅✅✅

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank stephensPerth

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Well...we booked to have dinner with 5 families with kids...all confirmed. Then 2 days before our booking they say "umm sorry but friday night is normally a very busy night for us, we are going to cancel your booking as we can get more money elsewhere"...WTF !!!!!! avoid this place. Money hungry...

1  Thank Tim James D
Reviewed 16 August 2017

It's good to return to a familiar favourite and write another review. The good news is that the pizza and coffee are as good as ever.
This is one of my favourite places to catch up with friends. It's not hard to get to, there is usually ample parking, and seats are not usually hard to find.
I've see a fair few firefighters and police officers drop in for takeaway coffee in addition to tradies and unless you get caught behind a line of them, service is pretty fast. Many of the patrons look to be regulars who live nearby.
One of the things that changes at cafes over time, besides menus and staff, is prices. That said, I was surprised to see how long Amico kept it's breakfast and lunchtime pizza prices so low for so long.
But even though, it costs a little more, breakfast offerings (at $17 for most except for Svetlana's Bruschetta Tris which costs $18) and lunchtime pizzas ($11) still represent excellent value for money. I used to be a big eater but these days a full breakfast is a bit too much so I am more comfortable sharing it. And it's still a decent feed. Ditto for the pizza (I strongly recommend the salmone).
I did mention the super coffee, always made just the way I like it. Hot enough for me without being so hot that the coffee burns and becomes a little bitter.
Service is always friendly.

1  Thank Patrick K
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

A simple wow factor for this cafe/restaurant run by real Italians who know what they are doing. Their pizzas are totally authentic without doubt. Great service and a very relaxing place to visit and enjoy. Any take away pizzas henceforth shall be from this establishment.

1  Thank Trevor J
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The pizza special here is great. $20 all you can eat but you must eat everything!
There is the widest range of authentic pizzas you have ever seen.
The prosciutto one is especially good.
But of course we enjoyed them all.
Dogs are allowed so being your furry friends.

Date of visit: June 2017