The Plaza Hotel & Suites
US$128
Travelocity
US$66
Hotwire.com
All reviewsattached restaurantattached green millfront deskroom servicepool arearoom was cleannext monthdeep cleaningnice hoteldefinitely stay here againin townhot tub and saunaminor complaintcucumber watercheck in was smoothsmall dogdog show
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We've stayed here multiple times when attending events in the area and the rooms are always very clean and the staff is great. The pool area is great - has variety for various ages. All around a great place to stay away from home.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ThePlazaHotel, Front Office Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for taking your time to write this review, we truly appreciate it! By having a sauna, hot tub, kiddie pool and regular sized pool, we are able to offer fun for the entire family during your stay. I am happy to hear that our customer service and cleanliness was able to exceed your expectations and make it your home away from home.
We look forward to hosting you the next time you’re in town!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The room we stayed in was very nice! There was a TV in the bathroom! The room had a microwave with a sink next to it and a fridge. Everything was very clean! The staff was also very friendly when we checked in!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ThePlazaHotel, Front Office Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property. The staff here strives to make every guest's stay feel like a home away from home. The amenities we offer are just icing on top of the cake! We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Winona!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

There was a miscommunication on our reservation date and you can bet that I was surprised when I received a call that I missed our reservation and would be charged for our two rooms per their cancellation policy. I called and explained that our reservation was for next month and not this month. I don't know whether I said the wrong month or whether the reservation clerk put in the wrong month as both months had the 3rd as a Saturday. Regardless, the front desk staff stated that she would pass along the message to the general manager. I received a call the NEXTday from the general manager stating she would refund the charges and they look forward to seeing us next month. THANK YOU! This is above and beyond and I am very thankful and looking forward to staying next month.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
ThePlazaHotel, Front Office Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you! I truly appreciate that you took the time to review your experience with our reservation staff prior to your upcoming stay.
We look forward to seeing you next month!

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

If you are playing Winona State you must stay at the plaza! Affordable, comfy, and plenty of meeting space! Do not hesitate! Well worth it! Thw hotel restraunt attached is the cherry on top! Plenty of food options there!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
ThePlazaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you so much for feedback on your stay with the Plaza Hotel and Suites! It was a pleasure to host your team during your stay in Winona. Our staff strives to offer the best accommodations to fit every teams needs, including affordable price and meeting spaces to relax and enjoy.
I have passed this feedback on to The Green Mill's General Manager, Stephanie, and she was thrilled.
Good luck throughout the remainder of your football season!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

I regularly stay at this hotel when I visit one of my clients in Winona (usually at least every other month over the past 4 years). The personnel have always been friendly and helpful. I often stay in their king-size rooms that have a hot-tub (e.g. room 302 is right at the end of the 3rd floor - separate bedroom from the main suite plus hot-but. The wireless Internet signal is a little weak in this room, but otherwise the room is so inviting).

I have also stayed in their ground floor rooms, which open up directly to the parking lot and can be quite useful on longer stays to have the car right outside the room.

There is a really great gym and pool complex at the hotel that includes a kiddies pool, a swimming pool and a large hot tub. Very family friendly (I have stayed here with my kids). Great place to relax and soothe a tired body after cold Minnesota travel.

There is an attached in-house restaurant (The Green Mill) which makes a great chicken salad and a great omelette.

Room Tip: Hot tub rooms are fantastic. Ground floor rooms offer parking outside the room.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

I am overjoyed to hear of your positive experiences with The Plaza Hotel and Suites!

We appreciate your feedback from throughout your numerous stays with us. As a full service hotel we are pleased to be able to offer various amenities such as complementary wireless internet, sauna, hot tub, and various room types ranging from our standard double queen to our deluxe corner suite.
Thank you for notifying us about the weak wireless service you received during your stay, we have contacted our wireless provider to ensure this issue gets fixed and the wireless connection reaches all areas of the hotel.
It has been a pleasure to host you and your family throughout the years and we look forward to your upcoming travels to Winona, MN!