“Went to see relatives and the fair”

Minnesota State Fair
Ranked #3 of 106 things to do in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Always 12 days of fun ending Labor Day, the Great Minnesota Get-Together welcomes nearly 2 million guests annually to a world-class showcase of livestock, agriculture, horse, art, talent and creative activities competitions; 500 food items; 900 free entertainment shows; the Mighty Midway and Kidway; Grandstand concert series; 1,000 vendors; exhibits for kids and adults; and more!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Well I ended up going to the fair in the record breaking day with over 275, 000 people attending it too. It was hot and miserable. I never made it to the cookie line as I gave up from sweating and not moving for 15 minutes. I probably won’t ever go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"all you can drink"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 4 October 2018

This is the first time to the State Fair in 15 years. The last time I went was with small children and found that stressful with the crowds. This time was fun for a couple. We were pleased to take peoples advise and park and ride for free. I could not imagine what trying to park a car would be like.

What we liked:
-low admission price
-bands at opa's were rocking! We even saw a man dancing with his bucket of marthas cookies and people getting down in rain ponchos
-swing band and dancers on Saturday morning, the toddlers were feeling the beat. There was an amazing couple to watch dance as well.
-Tonic Sol Fa are so very talented and entertaining
-Redhead express was an amazing young band with great sound and high energy
-Bodean's were rocking and last time I saw them was opening for U2 in 1987!
FOOD
TIP: we split all of our food to try 2x as many items
Caribe cafe key lime beer and jambalaya were just ok
Spicy burger at
Burger at Ball Park Cafe was spicy and delicious
El Sol Beef Burrito ok
All beef corn dog from vendor near collesium was so good smothered in mustard
key lime pie on stick from kermits amazing
O'Gradys fish and chips were crisp light; their orange cream beer just ok
smores beer just ok
French Meadow scones with peaches and strawberries so good, tip: coffee is a separate line (divide and conquer)

RIDE
mouse coaster worth six tickets
ye old mill tunnel of love; needs to be upgraded

SHOWS
dog show; great way to showcase rescue dogs and talent
lumberjack show; fun
colliseum; great place to have a chair and see what is on like the draft horses and wagons

ANIMALS
miracle of life very cool
barns; got to see my favourite cow the brown swiss

Loved the protest art and crop art in the horticulture building

BEST BEER
brewers guild flights so amazing and the beer history and brewers locations on the map were super

PARADE
the senior who shared our bench made the parade, she was spunky and on her way to try some craft beer!

A person could find quiet spaces and shade

CONS
-way too many people
-not enough bathroom and bathroom unclean bathrooms; please build some more and hire some cleaners
-people smoking away from designated areas; please ban
-people excessively talking during music; I wonder why they would go if they want to talk incessantly

Reviewed 3 October 2018

always a great place to spend hours, so much variety, can spend a little or a lot

sadly, in 2018 saw the first activity on the first day that denied equal access based on gender (no boys allowed)

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Love to go by myself and spend hours in creative activities building and horticulture. When I go with others I am tugged along. Solo I can spend as much time looking at an object as I wish.