All reviews famous daves guest house pool area frog slide front desk affordable rates mayo clinic perkins restaurant continental breakfast zero entry waffles hot tub our room was spacious across the street special needs kids loved the pool extended stay
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I am VERY picky about having a clean hotel, no matter the cost. Guest House was a bit of an older hotel, but very well taken care of and clean. Staff was friendly and we had everything we needed for a few days at Mayo. Price was great, and you get way more for what you pay than you do at other hotels. I highly recommend this hotel, and I'm hard to please when it comes to hotels!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This hotel is not fancy, but very clean and nicely furnished. The price includes breakfast, which my travel companions had both days, and was reported to be very good. They had waffles and scrambled eggs, along with orange juice and coffee.Perkins (across the street) and Famous Dave's (attached) both give food discounts for just by showing your room key. We ate at both.The front desk staff is fabulous. It is rare to find such accommodating people.

Room tip: Room 221 was very nice.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Hotel was very clean and staff very friendly and accommodating. Comfortable pillows and decent mattress. Close to Mayo Clinic, restaurants, grocery store & Walgreens. Cost is very reasonable. Will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I came to Rochester to run the Healthy Human Race half marathon. I look for a hotel that is within a reasonable distance to the start line of the race. I read all the reviews about Guesthouse and I really try to understand that you are not going to please everyone all the time.
I took a chance and made a reservation. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon about 4pm. The staff was very helpful. I was greeted by every employee that crossed my path. This hotel has done some major renovations. My room was very clean. The beds were comfortable and clean. The pool area was appreciated. Having a restaurant on the grounds and offering a discount to guests staying at the hotel was nice. (Food was good too). I enjoyed my stay there and if I return to Rochester again I would stay there. Breakfast was hot and tasty with a variety of items.

Room tip: My room was on the first floor.(116) It was a quiet, comfortable room with 2 queen beds, refrigerator and microwave.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

On our three night Mayo visit we wanted a convenient decent place to sleep for a minimal cost. That is what we got for our money. We would have felt any additional whistles and bells would have been wasted our money. The breakfast was adequate and better than most we have had at similar establishments. The shuttle system works well. just be sure to allow for delays from traffic and patient mobility issues. This appears to be a busy place and shows the wear and abuse that such a place gets from people who for some reason seem to think they have paid for the right to tread others property badly. None- the-less we feel we got what we paid for and if we have a return overnight visit we will call here first. Our rating is better than average for the price.

Trip type: Travelled on business