All reviews m club fifth floor target center street level the concierge lounge parking garage breakfast buffet nicollet mall light rail corner room high floor two blocks location is great business hotel twins game up to date fitness center
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I traveled to Minneapolis for business. The hotel was a quick/easy walk from the light rail station (Nicollet Mall stop, $2 ride from MSP airport). I arrived mid-afternoon and had access to my room right away. The room itself was nicely furnished and felt clean & comfortable. The lounge (for those with access) was on the lobby level (5th floor) and offered a quality breakfast (omelets, eggs, potatoes, breads, fruits, cereals, etc.) with a few snacks during the day. The staff were all very pleasant.

One of the things I like the best about this hotel was its location downtown. The building is connected to the downtown Skywalk system (2nd floor), running over to the convention center (where I had meetings) and everywhere in between. I did lots of walking & didn't make it outside some days, unless I chose to.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Higher floors offer better views, of course.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank civil23
TeamMarriott, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear civil23,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a nice review. We are delighted you could experience our spacious style, excellent service and a premium downtown location. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we look forward to your next trip to Minneapolis Marriott City Center whenever your travels bring you to our city.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I really liked my stay here. I am a platinum member and was upgraded to a bi-level suite. That was nice but it could use an update. Strangely, there is no bathroom or water source on the bottom level so I didn’t use that much. I took my coffee maker to the bedroom area and stayed up there most the time. There was no safe in the room either. The lobby and concierge lounge are updated and very nice. Breakfast was great.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear Eriecat,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center and letting us know your overall experience was pleasant. However, I am sorry you were a bit disappointed with our rooms. I have shared your comments with the appropriate individuals so we can see where improvements can be made. We hope you will make your home in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The staff of Marriott City Center in Minneapolis is outstanding. Every member is friendly, helpful to the point of going out of their way and gives the impression that they enjoy their job and are pleased you are staying with them. The room was large and bright. I would have been happier if there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom as the floor was slick at least after two of us took showers. It was clean and large. Hotel does not have much in the way of restaurant. Very limited menu and very small seating available. Nice bar facility. There are lots of restaurants in walking distance. All in all enjoyed our visit

Date of stay: August 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Kay S,

Thank you for being our guest at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center. We are glad to know you had a pleasant stay and that our team left a great impression. They work tirelessly to provide the best service, down to the smallest detail. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you again whenever you are back in this area.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Waiters spend their time talking between themselves and watching TV.
When they finally decide to serve you, the first thing they put on the table is the bill!!
They never come back to enquire if everything is fine or if you want more juice or coffee/tea.
Standard rooms are very small.
Rooms above the street are very noisy, even on the upper floors.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Minneapolis Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Dear Cyril852,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the behavior of our staff and that they were not attentive to your needs while dining with us. We have shared your observations with our management team for their immediate attention. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again as we would like you to experience the hotel as you should have on this visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in August 10th for 1 night. I awoke early in the am full of bug bits on both of my legs, and feet. I told the front desk right away, they got security. Gave them my story, security saw my legs and feet and how bad they itched and burned and looked. Security did offer me to help to go to a hospital, which I declined- I just needed anti itch cream. They told me that because it was Sunday they couldn’t do anything and someone would call me on Monday. No call all week! I finally called last Thursday and talked to head of loss and prevention. He said that they forgot to follow up with me, but they had my room looked at, there were no bed bugs so he doesn’t know what it could be as no others had reported anything. He said he talked to the front desk and that I would be reimbursed my room rate, because of the forgotten call back from them. Well another week has passed and my room still has not been credited, and no returned calls! The bites were from the hotel I have no doubt about that, and just found out that our friends that were there and in the room next to us had the same thing happen to her with bites the next am! I can say the hotel is beautiful, the front desk staff were great- but the loss and prevention team is not good with follow through, my room still has not been credited. Also there breakfast was aweful- waited 1 hour for eggs and toast- they came out cold too!! I have never had a bad hotel experience and like to write good reviews until this one and I would have not written this, but I am still very upset as the follow through and promises are non existent.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear cawilson2005,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your visit to Minneapolis, and we are sorry for the issues you've experienced after your stay. As TripAdvisor reviews are anonymous, we'd appreciate if you could reach out to us directly and we can look into your refund for you. Thank you for your patience.