1,184 results
All reviews bank restaurant wine cellar stainless steel pool front desk heavenly bed bank vault valet parking beautiful hotel pool and hot tub historic building beautiful lobby light rail king room business center heart of downtown twin cities lobby bar
Reviewed 18 August 2016

The lobby is a little strangely set up, registration is at two small desks behind a very large bar/restaurant area. (The bar/restaurant is attractive, and service in both was excellent.)
The first room we got had a leak from the vent opening above the bathroom sink, which after I noticed it, I realized was obviously not new since the sink was stained from the dripping water. Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until after we had unpacked. The front desk did promptly change our room, when I called to complain. However, the person who brought the new room keys to us basically just asked if we needed a luggage cart, and left one with us, instead of helping load it up and pushing it to the new room (which was on the next floor down). Luckily we didn't have much luggage, and I just put all the hanging items on the rack. The new room was fine, but we did have persistent problems with all the room key cards. Even after the 3rd set they made us, regardless of how quickly or slowly we inserted and removed the key card, one of each pair never worked and the other only worked after several tries.
In the room, the air conditioner created quite a draft, but did cool the room off. The bathroom was not well designed in either of the rooms; the way the door was set up, you had to back into a corner to close it if you wanted to get to the toilet. I don't know if they have special rooms for guests needing wheelchairs, but although the door opening was wide enough for a wheelchair, I don't think it would be possible to close the door with a wheelchair in the bathroom, so getting to the toilet wouldn't be possible in these rooms.
There were plenty of plugs in the bedroom, although not on both sides of the bed, and there was a good desk surface. There was a one-serve coffee maker with paper cups and several packets of coffee. The bed was very comfortable and the TV was fine.
There are several self service parking structures next door (not cheap however, ~$36 for one day) and the hotel also offers Valet parking. There are enclosed walkways to the various parking and nearby businesses/shops, and there are several good restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel. The hotel has a fitness center, but we didn't check it out.
One interesting feature is the "Wine Vault" at one end of the lobby - it's in an actual vault. Evidently at least part of the building was an old bank, and in fact the restaurant is named "The Bank". There's also a nice cut-glass window above the main entrance.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2016

This hotel in downtown Minneapolis is good to average. The rooms were comfortable, well furnished but small. The bathrooms were cramped and poorly laid out.

Service was average with a small issue handled but not in a spectacular fashion.

The gym was reasonable with good equipment and space.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

The good:
1. Your housekeeping manager Tatiana and supervisor were very responsive to cleanliness issues with the room.
2. The bartenders in the lobby are very customer service oriented.
3. The front desk staff that worked the evening, with the exception of the young lady who delivered my laundry/dry cleaning and who likely handled one of my calls, was pleasant. Those in the morning need to improve their customer service and could be more pleasant.

The bad:
1. Sunday night I noticed two pillow cases to be dirty. I decided not to report it due to the time of night.
2. In the morning around 9 a.m. I called the front desk to 1) ask for a thorough cleaning of the room and for the linens to be replaced mentioning the two issues with the pillow cases, 2) report the need for engineering to address the bathroom sink not draining properly, 3) request softer pillows, and 4) convey items ready for pick up for dry cleaning and laundry.
3. I returned to my room around 5:45 p.m. Monday evening to find my dry cleaning/laundry items in the bag in my room by the door where I had left them for pick-up Monday morning. I proceeded to check the bathroom sink which was also not addressed. Most concerning was the bed being made without changing out the linens nor pillows. The same two pillow cases, blood spots and scuff marks, were there. I was planning to get a workout in before dinner with colleagues but obviously that changed due to the circumstances.
4. I proceeded to call the front desk to convey the situation. The young lady's apology did not appear sincere and she proceeded to advise me that I needed to drop my items to be cleaned at the front desk as the Westin does not pick up from the room. As a frequent traveler I was surprised by her comment and inquired why I was not informed of this policy when I called that morning. At that point I requested she have the hotel manager contact me immediately.
5. Approximately 30 minutes later, Tatiana, the housekeeping manager called, who was truly apologetic. She advised she was not on site but her supervisor was on her way to my room. The supervisor looked at the linens and confirmed they had not been changed out. She proceeded to take photos of the two pillow cases, and next strip the bed. She also conveyed they always pick of items to be laundered from the rooms. Before I left, the engineer showed up. I also have photos of the two pillow cases, which I shared later that night with my colleagues. Both found the situation disgusting. I returned after a nice dinner to find clean linens, an unclogged sink, and larger, softer pillows.
6. When I got back to my room Tuesday night after 7 p.m., I was surprised not to see my laundry and dry cleaning. I called down to the front desk and they confirmed they had it. I believe the same young lady delivered the bag who I had spoken with the night before. As she was walking away I caught her attention to convey only two pieces had been delivered, one pair of sweat pants and one pair of socks. Missing were three short-sleeved shirts and one pair of jeans. Had this been handled properly, I would have been able to wear a short-sleeved shirt Monday and Tuesday night versus long-sleeved both nights with the weather hot and very humid. She subsequently returned with the items handing me a card, stating sorry, and abruptly walked away. The card was for a free breakfast which I chose not to use based on principle. I don't expect freebies, just good customer service and a better level of responsiveness. I found her behavior and attitude insulting.
7. I asked for a late check out this morning around 6:30 a.m. and the front desk confirmed 2 p.m. When I returned around 1 p.m., my keys no longer worked with the elevator. I went to the front desk and received a new key that worked on the elevator, but not on the room door thereby requiring me to go back downstairs to the front desk. At that point, I conveyed how poor the service had been during the week which received an apology with the assistant general manager's business card.

Despite all of these issues, I used the car service to the airport and spent over $300 dollars at the lobby bar with colleagues each night and for the six items cleaned. I will not return to this hotel again.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

The showers in this hotel remind me of some European hotels; modern, clean and fixtures to accommodate. The international staff was polite, and efficient (Sasha at the front desk, Marco with room service). The room service was fast, and quick to correct minor mistakes. The food was good - not excellent, and certainly not worth the amount they charged, but it was delivered quickly. The A/C worked, but lacked a little punch on a hot, muggy day. Nice TV's and wide choice of channels. Personally, I didn't like the setup of the hotel's check in. Upon arrival, tired from traveling, I walked straight into several business "happy-hours". I had to pull my suitcase and bags through a loud and crowded room to check in. I would have much preferred a more private, quieter check-in. Perhaps someone with more extroversion would have enjoyed this more than I. I had an early morning meeting, and all I wanted to do was rest, and relax in a cool room.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

This hotel used to be a bank and the entrance is absolutely beautiful! The staff was very friendly and answered all questions we had regarding the property and our stay. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get a city view room
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple