All reviews historic suites barrel aged road restaurant historic section extra requests dunn brothers front desk awesome bed event space well equipped gym the club lounge breakfast buffet is anthony falls ice rink drawer space city museum whole foods
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel was very nice, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, great maid service, and great bar lounge area downstairs. They also had a well equipped gym. The fresh fruit infused water was a nice touch in the lobby as well as the Fiji waters the maids left in the room every day. The hotel was close to a great little coffee shop, although we ended up drinking a complimentary cup of joe at the hotel. Delishious dinner choices with great service.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Brittany D
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel has been updated and the room was very nicely done. I had a quiet night, comfortable bed. Good shower and bathroom. I had a very good steak for supper in the hotel restaurant. One criticism, on the second day of the conference I ran up to my room for a wash up just after lunch and found my room had been turned over and had a new occupant. Granted check out was noon and it was ~12:30 but the freaky part was my room key still worked. This was reported to the front desk.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael C, General Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thanks for the great review and I'm very surprised about the problem that you experienced. Please give me a call if you can provide more details so that I can look into this for you.
Thanks,
Michael

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My husband and I stayed here over Easter weekend. The place is clean and new. Really a beautiful hotel. What was the breaker between 5 stars and 4 stars was the towels. Only one bath towel per person was provided. When I take a shower I always need two--one for my hair and one for my body. Whenever I have to track a maid down to get extra towels that drops the service aspect. If the Renaissance wants people to give it a five star rating leave more bath towels for your guests. I have never been to a 5 star hotel that didn't have a least four bath towels in a room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael C, Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thanks for the great review and also for the feedback Denise.
Michael

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We wanted to stay in the downtown area of Minneapolis and this suited our needs just fine. The staff were friendly, the rooms were nice and updated. The parking was a little on the pricey side, but I guess it fits for downtown. And the breakfast buffet was just ok, nothing special food wise. But overall a nice place that is close to many venues easy to take a Uber or Lyft very cheaply...

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights to go to a doctor's visit at the University of Minnesota Medical Center. We were pleased with the room, the bed, and the staff! We got a great AAA rate when we were there by booking online. The negative is paying for parking. The concierge lounge staff was amazing especially Jerry at breakfast. He was friendly and helpful to everyone. Mariana at the front desk was an amazing help with our questions before we arrived and while we were there. You will not be disappointed with this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple