All reviews convention center breakfast room front desk free breakfast hotel lot parking garage across the street would stay here again extra pillows within walking distance hot items few blocks breakfast bar convenient location hell's kitchen snow storm hotel parking hot tub
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I stayed here with my partner. We loved the downtown location and the quick walk to sit-down restauratns like Ruth's Chris, Hell's Kitchen, and more, as well as fast casual options like Chipotle and Einstein's Bagels. We were also only several blocks away from the Target flagship store.

We enjoyed the rooms and found the beds to be very comfortable. They acommodated our request for extra pillows prior to check-in. Rooms were clean. However, there was no easy to reach plug on my side of the bed to charge my phone. I had to charge it at the desk, which was a minor inconvenience. The shower water pressure was great, but the tub itself had several marks and indications of wear.

We greatly enjoyed the hot tub and pool area and took advantage of this during our stay.

We unfortunately were in town in the midst of an april snow storm that cancelled our flight home. We had to stay 2 extra days. Upon finding this out, we had already just checked out of our room. The front desk staff was helpful and accomodating and helped us check back in and extend our stay. We especially enjoyed the hot tub when we were snowed in. :)

Another minor qualm that I had was that most of the other Holiday Inn Express locations I've been to have had fresh ice water available in the lobby-- usually with lemon or cucumber, etc. The breakfast location is also open so you can grab some juice at any point. This location had coffee, but that was it as far as all-day drink options for free. The breakfast nook was a separate room and locked up during the day. Small thing-- but would have made the trip a bit nicer.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We found this property to be typical of a Holiday Inn Express.
The attached parking lot is small and slightly more money than the lot next door.
Our room was comfortable and clean, however the bathroom definitely needs to be updated. The tub is small, and the molding was coming off the wall between the tub and the bathroom door. There was a small bug that came crawling out of the wall in the bathroom. The room was noisy because of the pipes from the room above us.
We were on the third floor so there was one floor above us. We had a small sink and refrigerator and microwave in the room which was nice. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was good with the usual offerings at a Holiday Inn Express. The check in process was smooth although we had requested the top floor, and had to settle for the third floor. When we checked out and dropped off our keys the person behind the front desk barely looked up to acknowledge us. Overall, we might stay here again because of the location and the fact that it is cheaper than most of the other hotels in the downtown area.

Room Tip: Third floor view was a parking lot, the other side would be a city view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2018

It was my first visit to Minneapolis. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It's a small hotel located downtown. The room was a decent size. It's an older building but well kept. Overall, I thought it was a nice stay. The free breakfast was nice and the hotel has both an exercise room and a swimming pool. I'd book there again if I'm ever in Minneapolis in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Stayed at the hotel for SuperBowl weekend. I arrived real early to the hotel and they were able to accommodate me a short time after. They suggested the local area to walk around while the room was made available. The hotel is nice, comfortable and clean. By accident I left my cellphone charger at the hotel and the staff couldn't be nicer. Was able to mail the charger to my home. This is superb customer service. All of the folks working at the front desk were very nice and helpful. Free breakfast was even good. Several good places to eat around the hotel as they do not have room service. If I am ever back in the area I would definitely stay here again. Thanks again to their great staff!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Wife and I stayed at the property to attend the Convention Center for the RV/Camping Expo. Very close, only couple minute walk over there.
Everyone we had dealings with were very pleasant and courteous.
The room was incredibly quiet and comfortable. Never even heard the HVAC unit running. The shower was really nice, great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Pool area was nice and clean, hot tub was very relaxing.
Parking lot is fairly small and the breakfast is a little limited but not too big of a deal.
Would definitely stay again at this property when looking for downtown stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple