1,397 results
All reviews observation deck manny's steakhouse foshay tower living room bliss products historic building corner room cupcakes art deco mini bar top floor rain shower office building hell's kitchen valet parking upon check business trip
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

This is now my #1 go to hotel in Mpls. The staff is amazing! They were so polite, helpful and fun to chat with. Our room was very clean and very cool! Complimentary chocolates were brought to our room which was a nice added treat. Will come back time and time again!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Hello Shawnee P-

Thank you for posting about your recent stay at W Minneapolis- The Foshay! We are still thrilled to hear you enjoyed your clean and cool room, and the treats provided! We hope to welcome you back again soon for another great W experience.

whatever/whenever,

Reviewed 19 November 2016

I didn't expect to stay at the W Minneapolis this past Friday but my airline had other plans. When I saw rooms on for only $119 a night I decided to turn a delay into a mini-vacation.

The hotel itself is pretty gorgeous. It's in a beautiful historic building downtown and has a great observation deck on the 27th floor. The lobby is cosy and intimate, yet very chic. I didn't get a chance to try the restaurants but they looked very good. It's packed full of trendy folk and me being a more Westin guy I felt like the middle aged chaperone at a high school dance (I'm 23 for reference).

Check in was efficient and the gentleman that assisted me, William, was lovely. He seemed to really care about my wellbeing and helping me make the most of a bad situation. He thoughtfully gave me a hot towel and a double vodka-soda to help me feel a little bit better. Things like this really make a hotel experience wonderful. He even had some cupcakes sent up to my room on the house. I really can't say enough good things about the front desk service here. Plus free cotton candy!

The rooms themselves in typical W fashion are a little smaller than average, but the in-room Nespresso and oversized rain shower make up for it. The bluetooth audio system was a nice touch as well. The beds are great, very soft and they seem to be relatively new. With the frigid Minneapolis weather I was a little disappointed to learn that none of the rooms had bathtubs and they didn't have a hot tub onsite to warm up. As well I requested an XL bathrobe and it appeared to have a giant wine(?) stain on it. This was weird as the towels, bathmats, etc. seemed to be brand new.

Because of the historic nature of the building it doesn't have any pool or spa faculties, but it seems that most people here are here on business so that makes sense.

Overall, it's your standard W and I mean that in the best possible way.

Room tip: Higher rooms are better. It's the typical W trend-setter crowd so expect some noise in the halls.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Hello Doug90210-

Thank you for choosing W Minneapolis- The Foshay. We are delighted we had the opportunity to host you during your unexpected stay in Minneapolis. We also are pleased to hear you enjoyed your check in experience with William, beauty of our historic building, soft bed, and oversized shower. We would love to host you again for another W experience.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The staff really went above and beyond at the hotel, providing us with recommendations for where to go eat and visit and making us feel very welcome. They also went above and beyond when i mentioned it was my fiance's birthday, and they sent a birthday card and some local donuts to the room!
As for the room it was comfortable and had great views, excellent bathroom with some really nice bath products.
Location was walking distance to everything you could want to do, and also the train was a short walk if you wanted to head to St. Paul. Also their observation deck was really great! Their museum attendant was also very friendly and answered all the questions we had.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors, great views!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Hello Diane M-

A big thank you for the 5 star review of W Minneapolis- The Foshay! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the services provided by our talent, birthday surprises, observation deck and museum, and convenient location in downtown. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another celebration!

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The beauty of this historic building is preserved on the 27th floor with amazing views out over the city. It was worth the trip up to catch a sunset and cocktail. The lobby and lounge on the entry level are in complete and satisfying contrast as the contemporary and chic are showcased in such a way that speaks to the dancer and partier in me and my husband. It was a brief block and a half walk to the local jazz club, the "Dakota" and easy jaunt down the mall to the theater district. Restaurants in the area were worth venturing out for. We highly recommend "Keys Café" and the "Hen House Eatery" for breakfast. Great location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Debra C-

Thank you for your post about W Minneapolis- The Foshay! We are thrilled to hear you loved our historic building, The Foshay, and great views from our speakeasy Prohibition. We are also pleased to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location in relation to other restaurants in the area, and the theatre district. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great W experience.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

The W is located in a great location in downtown Minneapolis. There are many bars and restaurants within walking distance. As a Platinum member, you are given a voucher towards breakfast to use in Manny's. The eggs benedict with lobster is amazing. I was upgraded to a spacious corner room with great views of the city. The room was clean and trendy. The bathroom had a great shower. The only negative aspect of the visit was the bar staff in the lobby bar. They were a group of very snotty women that couldn't be bothered to attempt kindness towards single women patrons.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ComplexHotelMGMT, Guest Relations Manager at W Minneapolis - The Foshay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Hello GTINTC11-

I’d like to thank for sharing your experience at W Minneapolis-The Foshay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your spacious upgraded room, great view of the city, and breakfast at Manny's. We do apologize for your experience in the living room bar. We have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments to ensure other guests do not encounter the same issue. We look forward to hosting you again for another W experience.

Best Wishes-