“Come here if you like your food served cold”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Get food delivered
Ranked #75 of 251 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Deli
Description: Since it was founded in 1958 as a single pancake house in Ohio, Perkins today has nearly 300 restaurants in 32 states and Canada, of which approximately 85 are company-owned. Committed to delivering 100% satisfaction through service excellence and positive dining experiences, the brand embraces a "Kindness Served Daily" philosophy.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not sure why we return to Perkins but again our food was served barely warm. Eggs, hash browns, bacon,sausage and pancakes are not good cold. Coffee was hot and that’s the only thing I enjoyed.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (65)

Reviewed 13 September 2020

I had not had a reason to visit a Perkins since my daughter graduated from college, but always had good experiences - usually ordering breakfast items in those days. There was probably a good reason why there was not much traffic at 5:30 p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon. The french fries were good on my wife's dinner, and the tater-tots were okay on mine. The staff was very good and paid attention to all the Covid-19 protocols that help us protect each other, and the restaurant was clean and fresh. Unfortunately, the Chicken Strips were far worse than any I have ever had at a fast food joint - thin and dry - and more comparable to a cheap, overcooked TV dinner. Not sure it was even actually chicken. My wife's Grilled Chicken was unappetizing and the chicken was dry and almost unchewable - but I will let her rate it herself. I suggest avoiding this location for dinner - I may very well avoid all Perkins in the future because of this experience.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 13 September 2020

My husband and I were very hungry and weary from a long day of sightseeing and traveling in the Duluth area. We checked into our hotel and saw the Perkins right across the street. Bingo! Upon entry the restaurant was very clean, the wait staff was wearing masks, patrons were seated at tables at least six feet apart, and waitresses and counter help were helpful and friendly. HOWEVER, my husband and I ordered take out. When we took our meal to eat at our hotel, we were more than disappointed. My grilled chicken was just plan white and super DRY, The garlic seasoning was cheap garlic salt sprinkled on it. My green beans were the frozen variety with some small bacon bits. The ONLY item which was edible, in my opinion, was the French fries. My husband's meal was even worse. Sadly, we should have walked back to the restaurant and asked for a refund.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020

I'm a bit of a food snob, so I shouldn't like Perkins, but I really do. It's always solid; good food, fair price, great portions, and hard-working staff. Great for breakfast and lunch in particular.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Great family restaurant. I had their Triple Catch...three seafoods. Plenty of food for your money. Prompt, friendly service. Waiter stopped by often to check on us and make sure everything was fine. Others in my group (there were 9 of us), who did not have the Triple Catch, enjoyed their food as well. I was visiting from out of state, but if in the area, I would definitely be back to this restaurant. Clean. Friendly staff. Good food.

Date of visit: August 2019