“Cajun in North Texas”

Boo-Rays of New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Went here for dinner. We shared fried catfish and fried shrimp which was excellent (but not exactly Cajun) My granddaughter had the Cajun pasta which she loved. The prices were great--$53.00 for 4 people including one alcoholic drink. The service was very good, too. I would highly recommend it for seafood far from the coast!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Been here 2 times now. Each time it has been good! Very loud restaurant tho! The fried pickles are delicious! Shrimp fettuccine is good too!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and I have not been to the new facility so we thought that we would give it a try. We ordered Meat Pies and Dirty Rice and an Jambalaya Lunch. The rice in both dishes was half cooked. The seasoning was OK but OK was the closest the Chef came to New Orleans style food. Both dishes lacked the meat portion of the order. The Dirty Rice was 99 % rice with only a hint of liver. The same with the Jambalaya. A small single piece of sausage, a small bite of chicken, and the shrimp tasted old. The meats pies where less than tasty. I won't be back. Three times I have tried this restaurant and three times I have been completely disappointed. New Orleans is a frequent stop for my my wife and myself. Boo-Ray's sadly could not last in the French Quarter for a week. I had wished for better but left sadly dissappointed and hungry.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We had lunch on a Saturday and this location is usually spot on but the kitchen was having issues this day. We love to sit in bar area because of the upbeat atmosphere. I had crawfish and husband had his usual chicken fried steak which was great. The crawfish were supposed to be extra spicy but just came out reg, the corn was "ice" cold. Our waitress ChelleBe was very sweet and took the corn back to kitchen after I asked her to touch it. She was surprised at how cold (frozen) the corn was. I ordered another pound of crawfish and asked again for extra spicy. ChelleBe brought hot corn out then a few mins later my additional crawfish. It had no spice on it at all and no potatoes!. Poor ChelleBe came back an checked on us and I felt bad to bring the new problems up. She said that 2 other tables had the same problem and she would bring me out some seasoning. The kitchen today we're off their game and making our waitress work harder than she should have. We love this place and hope that this was just a "bad day" for the kitchen!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely the best seafood in the area. Shrimp & oysters are always great and price for lunch specials is a bargain.
Can’t wait to go again!