All reviews pirate's cove waffles room was clean mini golf staff was friendly red mesa grill public beach hard boiled eggs lobby area cookies hot tub would stay here again a great stay very nice hotel fridge and microwave other hotels short drive
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in one of the suites earlier this week. No complaints. We found the room, clean, comfortable and spacious, and quiet. The A/C, wireless, and fridge all worked as expected. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were small which limited their comfort. Courteous staff. The pool and hot tub were decent. Yes, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and the area during your stay. It means a lot to hear you will stay here again - the best compliment any hotel can get! I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My Wife and I were pleasantly greeted with a very clean room and welcoming staff. The room was clean, the staff were great, and the complimentary breakfast was good. Just be careful of the scrambled eggs, they might be powdered eggs, not properly prepared that day.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so happy that you were happy. The scrambled eggs are actually a real egg (not powdered) and prepared each morning (multiple times) as they are replenished. Food safety is very important to us and they are properly prepared each day for the safety of our guests and the enjoyment of our guests.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

The GrandStay met our expectations. The rooms were clean and spacious.We had a microwave and fridge, two of my top amenities. Our interactions with the staff were pleasant. My daughter had a good time at the kid-friendly indoor pool. The one missing element was a fitness room. However, the hotel is on a lengthy bike path that was great for a run. Breakfast was a fairly standard continental breakfast. To the delight of our daughter, the Pirates Cove amusement/mini-golf park is adjacent to the hotel. Beaches are within walking distance, and downtown/wineries are a ten minute drive.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate our hotel and I'm thrilled to hear how planet your stay was. We strive to provide our guests a comfortable, memorable stay at a fair price. It sounds like you had a great time and I'm so happy that we were able to be part of your vacation memories. see you again on your next trip to Traverse City

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The room was very comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located to restaurants and not far from the downtown area. If you're interested in visiting the vineyards it is a short drive away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your recent review and staying with us. I'm so happy that you would "definitely stay here again" as we strive to provide great vacation memories at a good value. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This was the only hotel with vacancies when we booked a last minute room for a Friday night during the summer and I know why. The first floor room was very damp upon arrival. The hotel doesn't leave the air conditioning on when the rooms are empty so it took several hours to remove the dampness from the sheets and tiny pillows. The humidity never left the carpet and you could not walk on it barefoot. The air conditioner was so loud it woke us up during the night and we each initially thought it was raining outside. The sink drain ran slow. The bathroom fan did not work and the metal ceiling tile brackets were rusty.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Lisa, I'm so sorry that we were unable to discuss your issues here at the hotel when you stayed. I wish I had the opportunity to help make your stay better. I was surprised to see this review from you. The area has experienced very high humidity the past few weeks and we have worked hard to get her rooms to normal temperature - which is why we have encouraged our guests to keep the windows of their room closed. Our bathroom fans are a roof top mounted unit which we explained at check-out when you inquired. They do not operate or sound like a fan you would have at your home.