1,020 results
All reviews day club outdoor bar front desk within walking distance of downtown front street view of the water private beach cherry festival downtown area jennifer hunter bay wedding summer tc housekeeper michigan
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Third time here and I still love it. My same minor criticisms are still there. The room darkening shades aren't wide enough and don't keep the room dark enough for light sleepers like me, the walls are thin and you hear everything in the next room, and the beautiful full length mirror really needs the hall light closer to it as it is quite dark. Other than that, the people are great. Eddie, still behind the front desk, is wonderful. Don is a great shuttle driver, so friendly. Breakfast staff is top notch, though I miss my pancakes with Traverse City cherries which was surprisingly taken off the menu. Kudos for leaving the outdoor pool open, though the weather was not good while I was there, it is supposed to warm up again in a few days. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank fcrane35
funandmemorable, Online Concierge at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Hi fcrane35, firstly let me say thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel. We are delighted you chose to make us your home-away-from-home again. We really appreciate the thoughtful feedback. Please know that we will pass along this information because we always strive to provide exceptional service. We are excited to let Eddie and Don know they made a great impression on your stay. We're glad you had a good breakfast to start off your day, and we look forward to seeing you back again for some beautiful weather on the bay. -Bradley D.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

There was a problem with housekeeping and it was delaying check-in for me. Jeannie and Alexis (working the front desk) worked the situation and was able to get me a room so I could get ready for a dinner reservation. I willingly conceded a room with a view in order to get check-in and it was not an issue with me.

Then I got to meet Norm - the Activity Director and local courtesy van driver. He made some really great recommendations for my stay after business hours. He was friendly and knowledgeable of the area.

So, the people are great. I stayed in the non-pet wing and didn't have any troubles with peoples pets. I wish breakfast was served just a little earlier, but that's a personal choice for me. The coffee was always available by the front desk.

The room was spacious and clean (with a king bed) and the bathroom always had hot water. I would stay here again. It's a quick walk into town and your right on the lake.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ratboy859

Hi Ratboy859, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are excited to let Jeannie and Alexis know they made a great impression on your stay. We really appreciate your patience during check-in, and we apologize there was a delay. We are delighted that Norm was able to provide you with some recommendations for activities around Traverse City. We are so glad you chose to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again for business or for pleasure. -Bradley D.

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for four days, three nights mid week. It was quintessential Holiday Inn: affordable, reasonably clean, modestly appointed, with friendly, courteous staff. We were lucky enough to negotiate a room with the usual partial view but with two floor to ceiling windows! Liked the kingsize bed but the mattress was nearly ready for retirement. The long firm sofa with a built-for-two footstool compensated for the mattress. We were one of the rooms assigned a 46” TV instead of the under 40” TVs we spotted in other rooms so we could watch TV from the sofa while looking out on Grand Traverse Bay. The closet door had been replaced with a shower curtain (no joke). The bathroom was tiny with counter space insufficient for toiletries for two adults. We discovered that hot water isn’t available between about 2 am - 6 am so don’t get the urge to really clean your hands in the middle of the night.

The most outstanding feature about this “resort” was the Thursday night jazz quartet featuring a fabulous woman saxophonist! They were so good we stayed for two full sets. They have a loyal following with very good taste.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello McMatlock, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We take all of our guests' candid comments to heart so we can always strive to provide exceptional service. We are delighted you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay including the affordability, friendly staff and beautiful bay views. We are sorry there were a few issues with cleanliness and the bathroom, and we are disappointed they were unsatisfactory. Please know we will pass this information forward to address these concerns. We are excited you enjoyed the resort's entertainment until the wee hours. Please feel free to give us a call directly to discuss any other questions or comments about your stay because we'd love to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a 5-star experience. -Bradley D.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

This is a great hotel - nice rooms, spacious parking, Jasmine at the front desk gave me directions around the hotel grounds, was really friendly, helped me find a quiet room, and really made the stay wonderful! Can't say enough about Jasmine - awesome.

Restaurant hotel has opportunity for better product and service. We ordered chips and salsa to munch on - it came 45 minutes later with potato chips and salsa. We asked where the tortilla chips were and the server said, "oh, we ran out". The bloody mary bar looked destroyed and dangerous - the server told us they set up in the morning and refill all day.

Norm the shuttle driver was very friendly and took us to restaurants down town and any where we wanted to go to see the city. Kudos to Norm and Jasmine!

Overall, this is a great location, rooms are really nice and comfortable, and I would definitely stay here again.

Mike S.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
funandmemorable, Online Concierge at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hello Mike, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this great review! It will be a highlight to let Jasmine and Norm know they went over and above to provide you exceptional service. We are sorry about the chips and Bloody Mary bar. Issues like this are not the norm, and we really appreciate your letting us know. We truly hope you were able to find something else to fill your bellies from the menu. We are delighted you enjoyed the rest of your stay in our comfortable rooms, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. -Bradley D.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We generally visit the West Bay Beach Hotel about every 3 months. The accommodations are very comfortable, and we enjoy the bar which is located lakeside as well as walks on the local beach. We also enjoy our breakfasts in the hotel and the wonderful service that we always receive from Jennifer.....

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Hello bobmcconnell, thank you so much for staying with us and for leaving us this great review! We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and we are delighted you were pleased as usual. This is such a great time of year to be exploring the outdoors, and we are glad you were able to do so around the beautiful lake beaches. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and we'll be sure to mention to Jennifer that she was a super star. -Bradley D.