All reviewstasting roomhonor systemwine tastingvan goghold mission peninsulaexecutive suitelate harvest rieslingwine makingcellar tourgreat winebed and breakfastgrape vineseach morninggourmet breakfastromantic getawaybeautiful propertywest bay
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Excellent service. Very family feel. Great experience. We will be going back and bringing our family in the future. You can not go wrong with a trip here. Wine was good. Breakfast was great and My wife and I had a wonderful get away.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
mcdalese, Owner at Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you! We love hearing from our guests and appreciate your feedback.
Cheers,
Marie-Chantal Dalese

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Came here for 2nd year for our annual Mac and Cheese Bake off... we had the VanGough and Monet rooms, each were nicely decorated, very comfortable. You get breakfast on weekends for sure and have access to wine tasting room after hours... all on your honor...i would highly recommend to have the experience sty least once.... but truly once would not beer enough....Everyone here are wonderful, friendly and helpful....

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We were here three years ago in the summer and decided this time we would visit in the fall. The fall colors did not disappoint.

The rooms have been remodeled since our last visit and everything is very nice. The suites are large and the entire inn is quiet and lends itself to having a very relaxing visit.

No matter where you are on the property, the views are fantastic. From the sunrises on East Bay to the sunsets on West Bay, there are no shortage of picture-taking opportunities.

Breakfast each morning is chef-prepared and very good. Each morning featured an egg dish, potatoes, meat, and fresh muffins. One morning, the chef made cherry muffins that were fantastic.

If you've never thought about this area of the country as a vacation destination, you should think again. Friendly people, beautiful scenery, wineries, breweries, distilleries, there are plenty of things to do to fill your days.

Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPR18
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful grounds, views, building and decor. Was a little chaotic in there as expected. The wines I tried weren’t great and our pourer had absolutely no personality and didn’t offer much to our tasting as other wineries’ pourers did on our visits. I mean, absolutely no conversation or recommendations to us at all. It was like he couldn’t wait for us to finish and move on. So that’s why the 3-Star rating. It kind of ruined that winery for us. Other than that, we loved the dessert cherry wine we tried and bought a bottle of that. I will come back again and hopefully have a better experience. The pourers really do make or break the experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
mcdalese, Owner at Chateau Chantal Winery and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear you had a poor experience with one of our servers. They are trained to be able to explain the qualities of our wines and to also be friendly to our guests. Looks like we missed the mark on this one. If you are able to offer more details about your server, we'd like to use this as a training session. Please feel free to contact me with details at mcdalese@chateauchantal.com.

Marie-Chantal Dalese

Reviewed 25 October 2017

This was just for a fall color old mission peninsula getaway. While I do spend a lot of time on the peninsula I had never stayed on it. Even if I will be in Traverse City, this is where I will stay. Hospitality was A+. Our view from our suite was A+. And having private access to the tasting room....what a finishing touch. I will be back soon as an overnight guest. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple