Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing

Amazing - reasonable price and loads to do. Highly recommended to anyone with younger kids to... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
JoanneH385
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
via mobile
Fabulous day out

We had a great time (June 21), theres so much to do & see - animals, tractor rides, maze, sand... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
joeyworm
home
via mobile

All reviews soft play all ages guinea pigs sand pit play area great family day national forest children aged value for money potatoes animal food feed the animals visited today included in the price alton towers tractor ride maize maze
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Manager told me to leave my French bulldog puppy in my car all day on a hot 24 degrees day after I was falsely told by another staff member I was allowed to bring him with us! Leaving my 4 year old daughter in tears as she was not able to see the unicorn/mermaids she was looking forward to seeing.
I've visited this farm many of times and has been one of our favourites but the way the manager spoke to us and advised me to leave a puppy in a car on a hot day was disgraceful and can't be very caring towards animals if that's what they recommended. She showed no bother when my daughter was in tears in the reception area just sat and stared at her pc.

Date of experience: June 2021
National Forest A, Manager at National Forest Adventure Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

I am sure can appreciate that when someone makes a claim like this we will respond. We have a 'no dogs except guide dogs policy' for the safety and wellbeing of our animals at the Farm. This has always been our policy. All our staff are aware of this and would not tell a customer otherwise. We checked our messenger history, as this is where we were told you asked the question, and could not find anything from you. You were offered a number of options that would have enabled you to visit that day but none were suitable so we moved your tickets free of charge to another day despite being sold out. You were not 'advised' or 'told' to leave a puppy in a hot car.

Reviewed 17 May 2021

We all had a fantastic morning taking my youngest Grandchild who will be 2 next week around the farm.She absolutely loved seeing all the animals especially the babies, she enjoyed being able to run around the field,was mesmerized by the tractor ride screaming"scarecrow" when we spotted one ,amazed with the sound maze, laughed so much on the bouncy castle and could we get her out the sandpit without screams-no, we as older adults had a great time as well. The staff were absolutely lovely especially Jack the well talented young tractor driver and I didnt catch the girls name but we had a good laugh.The precautions for protection against the virus were the best I've seen, everywhere u went was spotless and there were plenty of wash areas, the toilets were exceptionally clean and the cleaner was very nice as well, u could get tested before entering via the Nhs station tent and we were given lateral flow testing kits for use at home. None of our group could fault anythink there. Oh and u can buy small buckets and spades for the children. Overall it was all very good, in our youth we used to have a small holding so we do understand the cost of entry to cover running the place and thought it money well spent. There are areas for picnics with benches and our bacon butties n chips were excellent, thank-you for a really enjoyable morning and dont forget u need to advance book. Well done for all your hard work .

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Gave this a try last weekend with my husband and son (almost 2). We went with the morning season and the place was busy even when we arrived 15 minutes after opening but there’s enough to do for everyone to spread out. We paid extra for the animal food (personally though the duck/chicken food was a waste but only £1 a pot) and my son loved feeding the cows/goats/sheep. All the animals were very friendly and didn’t shy away from visitors. The indoor animal barn was good although a slight wait to get in. We took our son on the digger and cars but these were extra cost. Time going for food well as the queue was large at points but we got served straight away around midday. Only grievance was that we paid extra for the critter walk and the lambing barn but no one seem to be checking who had paid or not for this. Regardless it was a great 4 hours for the money we paid and we will be visiting again especially when the indoor soft play opens

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 26 April 2021 via mobile

Love this place but giving you a morning or afternoon slot just isn’t working. Very difficult to get around everything in the 4 hours you have as you are queuing for the animal barn, bouncy pillow, tractor ride and chippy lunch. Considerable wait for tractor ride and don’t bother with the chippy as the wait is at least 25 mins, the staff are very slow. The chicken nuggets today were black on the bottom and the fish wasn’t very enjoyable either. The staff push you out the door bang on time for the end of your session and make it clear you need to get a move on. The toilets were guarded by a member of staff so that you didn’t use the toilets on site after your session ends, you have to use the portaloo in the car park. Staggered entry times throughout the day would work much better and you wouldn’t be dragging children out who feel they have missed out on quite a few things. I’m sure we used to pay the same entry price before COVID as we do now for 4 hours!

Date of experience: April 2021
Reviewed 19 April 2021 via mobile

Lovely trip out lots of stuff for little ones to play on and see. Lots of animals to see, cute tractor rides with minimal waiting.

Due to covid the bouncy pillows have a long queue which is difficult to expect toddlers to wait that long! Seeing as kids can mix in the playgrounds I don’t see the point of it.

Do not bother buying food, especially from the chippy. Ridiculously slow service, the queue took more than half an hour and you have to leave site even if you’ve not finished eating due to the long delay. Take pack up, much easier!

Date of experience: April 2021