All reviews hot tub room was clean internet connection front desk staff staff was very friendly definitely stay here again swimming pool convenient location nice place no issues each morning cereal maintenance lodging hairdryer hallway convenience
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I would not recommend the Bay Inn Hotel in East Tawas for this reason.

My mom and I stayed there to celebrate my birthday this weekend. We checked out on Sunday. 2 days later a charge of $1,000 was removed from her account due to supposed water damage that occurred when 2 wash cloths were again "supposedly" flushed down the toilet which caused an overflow.
When I called to speak with the Manager I was told that yes it was our room and yes there was water damage. When I asked to see pictures, I received a snapshot of the floor which gave no validity to the fact that this was actually our room.
We had checked out of our room before 11am and the supposed damage was found at 11:30am.

Housekeeping was on the floor when we left yet we were told that nobody had entered our room after we left nor was water discovered until 1/2 hour after check out.

I will never stay at this hotel again, and I recommend that others don't either, and if you do then may I strongly suggest that you take pictures for your own evidence before you leave so that you too don't find yourself having the same experience as we did.

See the pictures of evidence that they have which don't show anything nor do they prove that there was $1,000 worth of any damage let alone a flooded room.

Extremely disappointed and upset.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Bay I, Manager at Bay Inn Tawas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

sorry for the charges but we did it for damages that were done to the room haven't been able to rent the room all week and we have been 100 percent occupied all week we looked at are camera's and no one entered the room after they left the room and paperwork was signed at check-in that states the guest will be charged $150.00 and up for any damages to the room..

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Went for an overnight with my neices. Nice place. Good breakfast. Nice pool. Hot tub ok, not really hot, but enjoyed it. Had to get pool towels and return pool towels to the front desk. Kind of a hassle, they should be in the pool are for customer convenience. Otherwise, nice stay. Great location, close to several beaches, restaurants, shopping and movie theater.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Bay I, Owner at Bay Inn Tawas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

thanks for your honesty feedback. we appreciate

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Reasonable rate , good service , good location, near great parks and close to the tourist area in East Tawas,
The Inn was clean, breakfast good and had many amenities. Would return if vacationing in the area again.

Stayed: July 2018
Bay I, Owner at Bay Inn Tawas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thanks for your taking time. We appreciate

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this months ago for just one night and for what we paid it was sort of disappointing .... not even a view of the lake! Granted it was during peak summer tourist season but I probably should have tried /looked a little bit harder ....

Bay I, Owner at Bay Inn Tawas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review in the future of booking a room you can ask if there is a view of the lake

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

A good night’s sleep, hot shower, large rooms, and common area for our 4 adults to congregate for coffee and breakfast in the morning and card playing in the evening. Staff was responsive and friendly. Walk to the beach and bike ride to town. We enjoyed our 2 night stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Bay I, Owner at Bay Inn Tawas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

thanks for your feedback. we appreciate