All reviews white chapel scones bed and breakfast my husband and i great view of the harbor private balcony other guests get away lake michigan third floor nice treat old house sitting room gourmet breakfast wonderful weekend breakfast was amazing b bs
Reviewed 22 May 2018

This was our first stay at the Carriage House and the building, breakfast and view were great. The reason this was a 3 versus a 5 is that they were having the roof replaced and you could not enjoy the outside or porch with the dropping shingles and noise from 8am to 5pm. I can understand repairs need to be made but it would have been appropriate to forewarn guests or provide a discount under those conditions. I did bring it to the manager's attention but the reply was we have been so busy. I'm sure typically this is a great B&B.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmdeyong
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Great B and B with wonderful views of the harbor. Can't see the water from many of the other south haven B and Bs. Lovely breakfast with super nice innkeeper. Room was nice and really enjoyed the in room jet tub.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 10 April 2018

We had a great time at Carriage House. Having snow flurry in April, we were so delighted to see the fire place in the room, living room, and reading room and the warmth those gave us. Although we arrived after in-keepers left, everything was so organized and we just felt relaxed. Breakfast was amazing, and I agree we wished if there is more non-carb items, but still it was one of the best hearty breakfasts we had for a long time. Kat is incredible... pleasant, professional, thoughtful, funny... we want to come back even just to see Kat. :)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tabipuro
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Beautiful comfortable rooms, great views and wonderful location. Walking distance to many nice restaurants and beach. Delicious breakfast served at convenient time for vacation! Staff is friendly and helpful, ready to assist as needed. Clean and comfortable, my husband and I have stayed several other times and plan to return.
I would rate this B & B as excellent, 5 out of 5.
They extended the “ use by” date for an expired gift certificate to use at this last stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the the White Chapel, our favorite room, the spacious room also has a balcony, fireplace and jacuzzi tub.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2018

We have been to the Carriage House on 5 different occasions in the cold of winter and always find it to be a great place to unwind and relax with great hospitality, great food and great things to do always in South Haven! We'll be back!

Room Tip: We like the Phaeton.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple