US$102
US$98
  • Pool
US$106
Real Marina Hotel & Spa(Olhao)
US$176
US$171
US$69
  • Restaurant
US$241
US$219
Pestana Hotel Group
Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo(Faro)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$119
US$91
US$131
  • Bar/Lounge
US$74
  • Free Internet
All reviewsrural hotelset menuthree coursessmall balconyfaro airportfishrestaurant staffgolf coursefamily hotelpool areaalgarve coastmini barroom was spaciousoff the beaten trackbeautiful groundspeace and tranquilityhire car
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Four of us spent a wonderful holiday at this lovely family-run hotel a few miles inland from Faro in early October. What a special place – it’s hard to add to all the positives that have already been mentioned by previous reviewers but I’ll try!

The staff were really friendly and helpful, and also spoke very good English. Our room (207) was perfect – very clean, spacious, a very comfortable king-size bed, efficient shower/bath, free Wifi and a great view across the pool area and grounds below. The cleaning staff did a great job in an unobtrusive way.

I believe there are just 22 rooms and with it being October, it was a very quiet and relaxing place to be – at times there were only a few people by the pool, there was never any need for an early morning rush to claim the best sun beds even allowing for the consistently high temperatures – cloudless skies and +30 degrees every day.

We also loved the waiting staff, especially Ricardo and Nelson – again, such friendly and witty people, with whom we developed a great rapport, with lots of banter.

As for the food, well….superb! The breakfast buffet was always well stocked and, unlike some hotels I’ve stayed at abroad, they certainly know how to fry or scramble an egg! You could also make your own cup of tea from a freshly boiled kettle – again a bit of a treat when outside the UK!

We dined in the restaurant every night bar one (when we went to Gunthers down the road – also a 5/5 rating!) – so six dinners in total. We were happy to go with the excellent value 17 euros set menu most of the time. I love my fish and as they changed the fish course every night, I did not get bored with the otherwise restricted choice….and a la carte was also available.

And finally the grounds – apart from the mini golf course (which we didn’t use), there are some nice relaxing walks down to the lake, which contains turtles and goldfish, and beyond. As a keen bird watcher, I was happy just to stroll along the circular path that meanders past the self-catering chalets and various fruit trees and be rewarded with sightings of lots of hoopoes (very common in the Algarve), plus a resident green woodpecker and little owl, azure-winged magpies (I’ve included photos with my review).

Not surprisingly we’re already thinking of going back!

Just a word of warning, you do need to hire a car if you stay here, unless you’re happy not to venture out, as it is in a rural location with no public transport available. Faro and Olhau are both a twenty minute drive away.

Room Tip: Room 207 is the last room on the west side and has a great view across the pool and grounds
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank PVilly
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Big, Comfy bed, quiet air con, good shower & cupboard space including fridge & safe. Extremely friendly, helpful family run business with an excellent restaurant. Outdoor pool, hoopoes on the manicured lawns. Can’t think of anything negative except - as with many European hotels - no tea making facilities in the room. Out of season, but still 28*, this is a place off the beaten track. You need a car or taxi to get to other places. Need to unwind & recharge? This is it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BabsInsights
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stayed here in September 2017 but booked in September 2016. We knew of this hotel before we booked because we had many holiday's in a Villa near Pechao. We visited here for dinner on an evening and the food was wonderful. As a result we decided to stay here for a holiday. We were glad we did as we had a wonderful holiday. The staff are very friendly and couteous. We were allocated a large room on the first floor just near the landing area which overlooked the pool. It was a lovely room with large wardrobes including a safe and a nice bathroom. The shower was good and there was an abundance of toiletries. There was a fridge and a TV, but the TV only had three English speaking channels CNN CNBC BBC world news. It was a great spacious room which was kept very clean by the room service ladies who worked very hard. The air con was an added bonus which helped to keep the room cool.

There is a nice big swimming pool with lots of sun loungers. The place is very peaceful and serene. The gardens are beautiful and it's nice to have a stroll around the gardens. We stayed-in for evening dinner on four nights and the food and the service was first class. The waiters go out of their way to please you. They have a four course set menu for 17 euro's which was very good, plus an al-a-carte menu.

The buffet style breakfast is first class with lots of different choices. You can request cooked eggs from the ladies in the kitchen. The kitchen ladies were extremely helpful and worked very hard to please us.

We had a great holiday here and will definitely return in the future. It's a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

A hidden treasure - we have stayed at this hotel a few times and always lovely. Tonight we visited just for an evening meal and I can thoroughly recommend. The staff were attentive and lovely and the meal was perfect. As a vegetation in Portugal I could not face another omelette so the vegetable curry I was served was probably the best one I have had anywhere. My husband had the salmon that was equally good and the deserts were delicious too. Will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Let's start from the beginning. Arrived from airport at 11.45 so checked in and said yes our room was ready . Went to room and went to shut the door but it wouldn't close at all ...basically the wood didn't fit the hole . When I went to reception tried to explain but she was more or less telling me how to close it ....which isn't ticket science . Anyway they called maintenance who actually in the end had to take the door off to fix it in the end ....basically they tried to blame us for the door because we checked in early and they were not very happy when I said it was a health and safety as well as a security hazard...even though they said it was ready ....oh and then they tried to blame the cleaner as well . Had our first meal from set menu which was fine but went downhill on a evening from then on as menu never changed at all apart from fish the whole 7 days we were there. And when we did we didn't want veg and husband wanted chips...he was served veg ...and chips came 5 mins after he had finished his meal . So after that we decided to live on chips and rolls on an evening and sit outside as we were only having snacks . Some were happy to do this some were not ....money is money at the end of the day. It is very rural so would be a great idea to have a shuttle bus at least once a day like we had last year at another not so rural hotel . On our last morning we told them we were leaving before half 7 in morning before breakfast is ready the helpful man said we could have what was out and have a drink which was helpful. The day of leaving we had a cup of tea which a different night manager grudgingly gave us and a warm croissant which my husband was given off the kind kitchen lady . We had paid for 7 days b and b so beware if you leave before 7.30 you won't get the breakfast you want or paid for. All in all had a few other problems that were picked up the day before we left but as we only used the room to sleep in it wasn't the end of the world . Also I would recommend that when people check in especially elderly people they are asked if they need help with their luggage as we witnessed on our last night no help was offered to a customer that had heavy baggage and my husband nearly went over as he was struggling but he managed in the end . All in all nice hotel to relax for peace and quiet . Compared to Val de Rei in Corralejo they could learn a few things . This is the first review I have written where an honest opinion is pretty blunt....Sorry

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple