All reviews set menu rural hotel three courses small balcony faro airport restaurant staff fish family hotel pool area r r algarve coast off the beaten track peace and tranquility air con stayed here for nights hire car lovely pool
Reviewed 14 July 2017

This is a beautiful place and very well organised. The new apartments are excellently furnished (apart from the hard beds), the views are amazing, the food in the restaurant, very tasty and good value. There are even hoopoes in the gardens. It is one of the best hotels/apartments that we have stayed in.

Room tip: The apartments are excellent with real privacy and great views.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AMCaerdydd
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I have satyed at The Quinta Dos Poetas several times before so myself and my son always get a great welcome from the friendly staff. The first three days were overcast but tat meant that we could play pool and use the Gym at the hotel, and have a go at the Pitch and Putt. it also did not stop us from using the pool.

each morning we fed the gold fish and turtles, and were able to watch the swallows, and other birds around the ponds. this time we saw egrets, magpies, goldfinches and we think an owl.

for a very quite hotel in the country there was always something to do

Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank andrewN1243YE
Reviewed 8 April 2017

This hotel is set in beautiful, cared for grounds in the middle of the Portuguese countryside. If you don't like walking then a car is a must. We opted to walk and taxi to get around and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
The bedrooms are huge and absolutely spotless although they are tired and could benefit from a make over, especially the bathroom. (not a lover of shower curtains) just a general modernisation would make all the difference. In fact if they where on par with the brand new apartment's that would be brilliant.
The food was fabulous, breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. The restaurant quality food of an evening was very reasonable, although after a week it became a bit samey.
The family who own and run the hotel and restaurant couldn't of made our stay any better they are extremely friendly and accommodating to your every need.
We will definitely return and may even try the new apartments next time. Plus we would hire a car to get out a bit more but for a week just chilling it is perfect.

Room tip: Rooms over looking the pool have a lovely view
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect. The staff is very helpful and gave us some really good tips to visit the region. Place was super clean, great room and breakfast was very good. I'm usually a hard to please customer and I have to say that I didn't notice anything I didn't like about this place, it was all great ! Definitely recommend

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 172emiliet
Reviewed 6 April 2017

I was travelling on my own for the first time so I chose this hotel because it seemed of a high standard and safe. I hadn't intended to leave the hotel much because I'm coming back with family in the summer, staying in central Olhao. This was a quiet weekend in the sun just for me; if you want to get out and about, you will need a car...or a big taxi budget.
The grounds are beautiful....take some cake from breakfast and feed the turtles just past the little golf course. The room was spacious and comfortable, masses of wardrobe space and hangers, roomy shower. The breakfast is very nice - plenty of fruit, cold meats and bread, pastries etc. plus cake. They do cooked breakfast on request. I had lunch and dinner once each in the restaurant, both were very nice but I think if I hadn't left the hotel at all the menu would have got boring.
The staff are all very helpful and friendly, most speak English. The groundsman was hard at work the weekend I stayed, setting up for the upcoming season. It was fairly quiet while I was there and no-one used the pool. It was between 20 and 22 degrees - lovely to sit in but the pool would have been a brave move. I didn't use the other facilities either - I think there's a gym there.
One tiny criticism - and I'm loath to say it because I hate it when people complain about TV on holiday - is that there was nothing to watch except news. Ordinarily I don't mind but I was away on my own so watching a film in bed would have been nice. The hotel advertises satellite TV and having stayed in Portugal in a much cheaper hotel last year when there was an English film on one of the channels every night, I expected at least that. Instead there were only news channels in English and nothing in English on any other channel late at night. Tiny issue as I had lots of books but I was surprised, so I'm just mentioning it in case anyone else expects 'satellite' to mean English channels. Also, I met some people who were staying at the 5* resort I'm going to in Olhao in July and they said it was the same there so I know to 'Netflix and go' in July!
There's a small children's playground area as well (I didn't try it ;) ). While I was there, it was mostly older people and it was very quiet but the place is definitely ok for people of all ages and interests and it is very comfortable and very pretty. The only real fault is the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I like a cup of coffee while I'm getting up and ready in the morning - I don't want to have to wait until I'm showered and downstairs. There's a mini bar but no kettle. I hunted through all the drawers and wardrobes in case it was hidden but couldn't find one, which was a surprise in such a nice hotel. Also, please note not all rooms have balconies so if you smoke you have to go downstairs and outside.

Date of stay: March 2017