All reviewsseparate buildingroom was cleanshower headmackinac islandthe sun risethe breakfast areagreat viewwafflesslider doorbreakfast is servedking bedthird floor roomnice poolview of lake huronbit datedbiscuits and gravyhot tub
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This is an OK hotel, but they are over-run with midges black bugs that are similar to gnats or mosquitos) in late May and early June. They lay eggs on the water surface & when it gets hot -- they are everywhere. The hotel can't control the bug population, but they could better handle it. The pool house (a separate building) was FILLED with midges, so we couldn't use the pool or hot tub. Our room had a big crack below the door (we could see daylight), so the bugs kept coming in. We couldn't even see the lake out the window, as the sliding door to the patio was covered with bugs.

We asked is another room might be better, or if they had bug spray or fly swatters, but they had nothing.

This may be an OK place to stay in other months...but avoid it in late May & early June. Stay somewhere back from the lake where they have good door sweeps under the doors.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else in late May or June
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iowamom2014
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I checked into the Inn and used the restroom and took a nap we noticed that the toilet would tilt when you sat down (okay no biggie it still works). Woke from nap and freshened up realized that the mirror was coming off the wall (again it still works). Go to get ice, machine isn't working so you have to go outside to the pool house to get it. We ask at the office is they have any info on local places to eat and things to do. And I tell him about the room, He does nothing. We go out for a while and come back and went to turn in heat and the heater has dirt and dead bugs in it! It's dark now and the lights are on and my husband noticed a smiley face made with finger prints on the sliding door, one of the chairs on the balcony was broke, the headboard had shiny maybe on one side of the bed. The bathroom the caulked back together literally. If it wasn't for that the wallpaper would of come off. Shower fiberglass was broken and there was a cigarette burn on it. Cobweb's in the corners on the top and bottom with bugs! I tried to use the hair dryer in the morning and it was caked with dust so I cleaned it, but then I found a glob of hair stuck in it! If the house keepers would of just kept up and the manager/owner would pay attention it would/could be a great place with it's location. And these are the newly renovated rooms! (It's hard to see cobweb's in photos).

But when you refuse to speak with me. I just ask why?
I was kind, polite, caring, and most of all not rude. I was even cautious as to who could hear me speaking to the very nice girl who was checking us out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Stayed in king bed hot tub suite. A balcony with a lake view The price was very reasonable. The pool building was in a separate building which meant you had to go outside in cold or rainy weather, also the office and breakfast room was also in a separate building 150 foot away.

Room Tip: Choose a differant hotel with inside entry
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank KarlCarlton
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Where do we begin. When you first enter the room you can't help but notice the trendy contemporary furnishings. Modern bold headboards, large crown molding, and an assortment of color combinations and textures that set the mood for total relaxation. Top that with a firm comfortable mattress and European pillows, Just imagine lying cozy in bed listening to the waves roll in all through the night. Or in the right season, you might be able to catch the sun rise over Mackinaw Island. All from the balcony without leaving your bed. We missed the breakfast the next morning but, but I'm sure it met every expectation. The staff was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly.
Everyone has an opinion on what they like an don't, but i can always tell when I walk through the door what my experience is going to be. Don't get me wrong, I do my research and this one is a gem. We will certainly consider this establishment again and recommend with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Any room is good but definitely a lake side room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

After check in found hair and stains all over our beds in BOTH rooms!! One pillowcase covered in yellow stains. They fixed that but the front desk lady never apologized and was SO RUDE about it!! Bathroom floor covered in hair too. Fan/heater caked in dust. View was great and beds comfy but those are the only pros. Will never ever stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple