All reviews no frills basic hotel pay the extra money the galley priced room the main drag small tv mackinac island wifi connection comfortable bed fit the bill would stay again older hotel view of the water close to downtown great price car show
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I give this property a rating of average for cleanliness but a lower rating for the following reasons: room was very small and high priced considering it did not contain a refrigerator or hair dryer and a Continental Breakfast was not included. Extremely difficult to maintain a WiFi connection without having to move around the room or go outside. When making the reservation, I specifically requested a room with a view of the water fully aware that the water was in the distance and not just outside the door. When checking in and mentioning this reservation I was told that the view from our room was blocked by the stairs BUT we would be able to see the water If we walked down a couple of rooms. If this request was not an option, it should have been expressed prior to my making the reservation. I am sure the other guests would not have appreciated having someone invade their space as we “walked down a couple of rooms” for the view.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank linda1149
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Stayed here on the way back from Ann Arbor to home in Wisconsin. My parents have stayed here a long time routinely so it was an easy choice to make. It's not fancy so that reflects my review, but in it's class it's the cleanest and nicest you will ever find.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We stayed here looking for a reasonably priced room. They gave us the senior rate. Very clean and comfortable, quiet, easy to find on highway. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. Would stay again.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

First and foremost the room was clean and in great condition.
It also met our criteria of an overnight because of a family medical emergency. Most rooms were well into the hundred plus rates for one night. This was an unplanned trip so we needed a budget hotel.
The manager was wonderful. Full of information and guidance. He suggested Fred's Pub withing walking distance and we had dinner there. Excellent and very nice staff with wide choice of food.
I feel bad about saying this because the staff was so great but my only complaint was that the bed was VERY uncomfortable. It was a huge deal for us because we had driven over 600 miles and very much needed a good,comfortable bed. Also the room (110) was very small, only one night stand.
I guess next time I would pay more for to get a comfortable bed.

Room tip: The manager did tell us that for 10 dollars additional we could have gotten a larger room with a view of the water. Not sure about the bed.
Reviewed 16 August 2018

My room was clean, the TV is new and very good, friendly staff and lots of good recommendations. I had a wonderful time here, all because of the recommendations I got from the motel's staff. They gave me coupons and directions for all the places around.

Room tip: very clean, awesome view, friendly staff
  • Trip type: Travelled solo