All reviews no frills basic hotel pay the extra money priced room the main drag small tv mackinac island wifi connection comfortable bed fit the bill would stay again older hotel view of the water close to downtown great price car show upper peninsula
Reviewed 16 August 2018

My room was clean, the TV is new and very good, friendly staff and lots of good recommendations. I had a wonderful time here, all because of the recommendations I got from the motel's staff. They gave me coupons and directions for all the places around.

Room tip: very clean, awesome view, friendly staff
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Had reservations across the street at a horrible place called cedar inn lodge. Left there and inquired, very pleasant staff and owner, offered to show us a room, room was pricey for size and lack of pool or spa but we slept great and it was quiet and clean! After how we were treated at the other place we appreciated their hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Simple, very clean motor inn. The owner greeted us at the door. During check in, he gave us several suggestions for dinner and entertainment for the evening. He was spot on. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We booked this room prior to visiting Mackinac Island without doing any research and were very pleasantly surprised. Our room was small but very clean and comfortable. The views of the Straits are stunning.

Room tip: Ask for a lake view room, if that interests you.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I am SO not picky when it comes to hotels and very forgiving. However, when it comes to customer service, the owner of this establishment is quite lacking. Because my phone resetting the date, I accidentally booked a room for two days prior to my wishes for date. Yes, I did make the goof. I immediately filed a cancellation request with booking.com. An hour later, I decided to phone the hotel myself. The owner declined to transfer my stay, stating that I needed 48 hours notice. I reminded him that I literally had booked an hour ago and had planned on staying at his place, just two days later. He continued to rudely give lame excuses and refused to transfer the reservation. I needed to remind him of positive business etiquette. Very disappointing.

Trip type: Travelled with family