See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

I would give this a zero if I could!

I realize that this is an economy hotel, and I wasn’t expecting the Ritz but my stay at this hotel was the worst I’ve ever experienced in all my years of travel, economic or not!

First of all is the cleanliness. The carpet and bed cover was stained. The bed cover also had burns in it as I gather this used to be a smoking room? How long ago was that and the covers have not been changed? Also, the pillows are horrible. I checked for bed bugs and thankfully didn’t find any evidence of them but after reading some other reviews, they’ve apparently had them in the past.

Secondly, the hot water only worked when it wanted to. The toilet did not flush properly, the bathroom sink leaked all over the floor and the tub did not drain unless you stood there playing with the plug lever for 5 minutes! In addition to that, the bathroom light flickered on and off all by itself.

Also, we did not feel safe in this hotel. There were very obvious drug deals happening in the parking lot and people were driving in and out ALL NIGHT LONG! There were people fighting at the break of dawn and for our entire stay, there was shattered glass in the driveway outside the office from a broken car window.

Lastly, the staff were less than courteous to say the least. They had no record of our reservation made a month prior and when we wanted our money back and wanted to leave, we were told that they do not give refunds! Unfortunately we were on a tight budget and could not go elsewhere or believe me, we would have!

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Carrie B,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are addressing the issues that you indicated in an effort to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed here and were central to Everything we wanted to see. Frankenmuth, The Soaring Eagle Casino and some shopping in Bridgeport. The room was clean and everything was fine for us.Quiet at night and lots of Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dave W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient at a reasonable cost. We hope you were able to explore the area! We value our customers well and we are happy that you stayed with us! Thank you very much.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We were pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was considering the age of this hotel. I would definitely stay again.
My only complaint is the air condition/heat unit wouldn't let you leave the fan running so we could hear every time someone pulled up to a room & shut a car door and that there was no functioning pool.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Heather H,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our air conditioner and the pool. We appreciate your rating and are very glad that this annoyance didn't detract too much from your overall experience with us. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

worst place to stay. dirty room, stinky, pool was a mess and hot tub didn't work. walls and ceiling in pool room were falling apart.expensive for the mess this place is. wouldn't ever stay here again. prices are cheaper this year but would still not stay here again.

Stayed: October 2016
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

N8506UWpatriciat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. Your concerns regarding the level of cleanliness and outdated condition of the facility will be addressed accordingly. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. Kind regards.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Our room was absolutely filthy and it was obvious that this had previously been a smoking room because it still stank. There was a candy wrapper left on the floor of the bathroom, every wall had dirty smudges, there were dirty fingerprints on the pictures on the wall, and the carpet had not been vacuumed in a long time. The only good thing I can say about our room was that the water pressure was good.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
GMKnightsInnMI, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Saginaw, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear worf2017,

Thank you for your review, your feedback and your comments regarding your stay. I apologize if you did not feel that our housekeeping met your own standards of cleanliness, though our own standards are very high and include checking up to ensure that rooms are as clean as can be. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future.