See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a one night stand here. We checked in and received our key to room 121. Upon entering the room we found bugs in the toilet, next to the night stand, by the heater and in the bed. It looked like bed bugs. We found them under the blanket and attached to long pieces of hair. We went down and talked to the manager and his name is Zafar. He didn't believe is so he went down to the room to look for himself and he found out that we were not lying. We asked him if he would ever stay in this room looking like it did and he said it was not up for decision. He was very ride about the situation. We called the red roof inn corporation multiple time and they said they would have the property manager call us. It has been almost a month now and they still never called. Please take some time and look at the pictures that we took, and please never stay at a another roof inn again were they don't care about their guests. We were so nervous about bringing bed bugs home. I will NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I stayed here over the weekend. The staff was friendly, but the room was interesting. The smoke detector was hanging out of the wall, the bathroom was gross, I washed the tub before I gave my daughter a bath, it smelled so so strongly of smoke it hurt my head (in a non smoking establishment, had to sign that we wouldn't smoke), and there were bleach stains all over the bed. We were only there for sleeping so it did it's purpose. But I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I still emphasize that people should ignore old reviews for when this property was a Motel 8. The place is renovated and the staff really try to please now it is a Red Roof Inn. Handy to Birch Run Outlets and Frankenmuth, the location is good.

Room Tip: All are quiet as a distance back from I-75
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dhpark2016
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have 4 Rottweilers, and love to attend the Doggie Bowl in Frankenmuth on Memorial weekend. The Red Roof Inn in Saginaw was a great fit and excellent value for us. The room was clean, but not immaculate. The bed was very comfortable. We found no bugs or evidence of any vermin. Everything was in working order in the room, with one caveat: the television had a very snowy picture. This was not an issue for us as wifi was fine, and we didn't travel 9 hours to watch television. The man at the front desk was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. We slept soundly, hearing no noise or voices. Location is great, near several fast food restaurants and gas stations and across the street from a grocery store. We felt safe and secure in the room. There is very large grassy area for dogs. This is not a luxury hotel, it is a budget hotel. The main selling point for us was that they do not state a limit on how many dogs you can have in the room, nor any size or breed restrictions, nor extra costs or fees for dogs. We would stay here again. Great water pressure in shower. Microwave, coffee maker, mini fridge were also in the room. Floor was hard wood, no carpet, which is perfect for us. A/C blew cold. No traffic noise.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Chose the Red Roof for the price and location. It was quiet and a comfortable night stay. It was convenient for getting to downtown Saginaw. The room was clean (could have used a little more detail on the doors/walls). The front desk staff was pleasant at both check in and check out.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple